• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No more seperation please.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well Kairi and Lea will probably be a team. lets also not forget Ven Aqua and Terra.

However what do you mean they are getting their own game in the form of DDD volume 2? Did I miss something, is that the game coming out before KH4?
Nomura said the the menu screen for Re:MIND(which featured Sora and Kairi) was the basis for one of the upcoming games. And if Riku is still involved based on the secret ending then the Destiny trio could be together in Shibuya

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
At some point I want to see Sora, Riku, and Kairi have a adventure together. Hopefully sooner then later. With Sora gone right now we can possibly have 2/3's of that with Riku and Kairi working together. Ideally If Sora is rescued before it I would enjoy KH4 being that game. Love Donald and Goofy and they of course can still be in the game along with the other heroes, but we're so overdue for a SRK game where they work together and go on a adventure.
I wouldn't mind if one world in a future game (maybe the last world before the final boss) is Sora with Riku/Kairi in the party. As much as I love Donald/Goofy, I think after their epic trio moment against Master Xehanort in KH3 (and all other main title final boss moments), it would be fine to go one game without them at the end and/or change it up.

Game logic-wise, I don't think they would send keyblade wielders together to do a task (I know TAV exist), when they can split them up. Like in KH3 they split them up because Sora had a task to do and Riku had one as well. If they teamed up and completed each task together, it would have taken more time (in-game logic). Perhaps future games won't be overloaded with "offscreen tasks", but I think it's more realistic for one world being Riku/Kairi in the party than an entire game. I would love an entire game of Riku/Kairi, but I don't know how feasible that is.

I imagine that type of game they could really flesh out the RPG elements of it (where you can switch control between Sora/Riku/Kairi), so levelling up and powering up abilities can actually mean something compared to the typical KH style of equip everything to Sora. I can already see Sora being the all-rounder, Riku being attack/darkness focused, and Kairi being magic/light focused.

PStuder12321

Nomura said the the menu screen for Re:MIND(which featured Sora and Kairi) was the basis for one of the upcoming games. And if Riku is still involved based on the secret ending then the Destiny trio could be together in Shibuya
wait Re:Mind is the DLC right? I havent played that yet. I need to look into this ASAP!!!!! I so hope they are together!

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wouldn't mind if one world in a future game (maybe the last world before the final boss) is Sora with Riku/Kairi in the party. As much as I love Donald/Goofy, I think after their epic trio moment against Master Xehanort in KH3 (and all other main title final boss moments), it would be fine to go one game without them at the end and/or change it up.

Game logic-wise, I don't think they would send keyblade wielders together to do a task (I know TAV exist), when they can split them up. Like in KH3 they split them up because Sora had a task to do and Riku had one as well. If they teamed up and completed each task together, it would have taken more time (in-game logic). Perhaps future games won't be overloaded with "offscreen tasks", but I think it's more realistic for one world being Riku/Kairi in the party than an entire game. I would love an entire game of Riku/Kairi, but I don't know how feasible that is.

I imagine that type of game they could really flesh out the RPG elements of it (where you can switch control between Sora/Riku/Kairi), so levelling up and powering up abilities can actually mean something compared to the typical KH style of equip everything to Sora. I can already see Sora being the all-rounder, Riku being attack/darkness focused, and Kairi being magic/light focused.
That's true about the game logic of having multiple Keyblade users all together all the time. I didn't even think about that. Even TAV did things separately in BBS. So even if the game is SRK, it might be them doing things split like TAV. I'm not sure if that is what the fanbase wants lol.

PStuder12321

So much to comment lol.

For sure SRK would be awesome if they made it a thing and I will say Donald and Goofy at the final fight for KH3 kinda felt really out of place... not gonna lie. love them but... it was out of place.

So I think that is actually a great idea. They would still be together, they could build the relationships and friendships but at the same time still have the normal Sora donald goofy for most the worlds if they really wanted. it would make sense game wise and it would make the fans really happy. All the ways they could play with that would be amazing and we could play all three heros. Riku's story line Kairi's and Sora's!!

If they made a game where you played the trio the whole way through together or mostly all the way through and did that switch control it would be AMAZING like that would very easily and quickly become my favorite KH game. Like I cant even tell you how good that would be!

That's true about the game logic of having multiple Keyblade users all together all the time. I didn't even think about that. Even TAV did things separately in BBS. So even if the game is SRK, it might be them doing things split like TAV. I'm not sure if that is what the fanbase wants lol.

I will say there is a difference between TAV and SRK. so TAV they were kind of all chasing each other and their stories intertwined but the world was different. they weren't fully aware of everything going on with Xehanort. with SRK their goal is out in the open and their goal is to get to each other and stay together and beat anyone who comes along together "my friends are my power." So SRK would probably not want to or have much reason to seperate. Though they could do it like TAV they wouldnt have to.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mean Nomura does seem to be like this seperation deal but I do have to agree that there is a meaning behind it other then he's a bit sadistic. I do feel its the MoM doing it and that they will eventually break it by defeating the MoM. Plus its hard to see a game series that has so much disney influence not have a happy ending to it where they end up together.

Well, Disney gave us Pocahontas, the film where the two main characters don’t end up together. Or for a less offensive film, Big Hero 6 had no problem making us feel attached to Tadashi then killed him about 20 min in.

Them not being together wouldn’t necessarily be a bad ending, especially if they frame it in a certain way. As much as this is Disney, this is still Nomura’s ballgame and nearly every single KH game has ended on a very bittersweet or just straight up sad ending.

I can easily see Nomura taking a bittersweet ending route that still feels hopeful and good while still hurting us in some way or another. It’s what this series has always done and it’s likely how this series will end.

PStuder12321

Well, Disney gave us Pocahontas, the film where the two main characters don’t end up together. Or for a less offensive film, Big Hero 6 had no problem making us feel attached to Tadashi then killed him about 20 min in.

Them not being together wouldn’t necessarily be a bad ending, especially if they frame it in a certain way. As much as this is Disney, this is still Nomura’s ballgame and nearly every single KH game has ended on a very bittersweet or just straight up sad ending.

I can easily see Nomura taking a bittersweet ending route that still feels hopeful and good while still hurting us in some way or another. It’s what this series has always done and it’s likely how this series will end.

That is true that, that is the pattern, however He does seem to have a point of using the endings to build up to the final means. So while they are ending in that manner, it's been to progress to the end where there will be a final happy ending. Otherwise it would make all the work for nothing and kind of pointless.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think the series will end with the two of them together. If Sora is fated to become a King at the end Kairi may end up his Queen

PStuder12321

I think the series will end with the two of them together. If Sora is fated to become a King at the end Kairi may end up his Queen

I think you are 100% correct that they will end up together, there is to much built up for it and that is the general end game Nomura is going for despite him constantly seperating them. Though I've heard no mention of Sora becoming a king? lol xD I must be missing stuff!

D

Deleted member 252753

Nomura is totally into tragic bs. Guaranteed Sora and Kairi's happiest ending is them both not being dead and them accepting that they can't BE together but will always be in each other's hearts.
This was the vibe I got from the end of the game and even more so the end of the Re Mind scenario, I think Sora says something to Chirithy about accepting if you can't be together but the rest of the DLC reopens the possibility of them being together so my guess would be they do manage it in the end and don't just reach the same conclusion again but I don't know how Nomura does things.

PStuder12321

This was the vibe I got from the end of the game and even more so the end of the Re Mind scenario, I think Sora says something to Chirithy about accepting if you can't be together but the rest of the DLC reopens the possibility of them being together so my guess would be they do manage it in the end and don't just reach the same conclusion again but I don't know how Nomura does things.

Yeah that's what Im afraid of. Is Nomura being weird on us and trying to get all monk-fu andtrying to keep them perminantely seperated. I really hope this doesn't happen.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
wait Re:Mind is the DLC right? I havent played that yet. I need to look into this ASAP!!!!! I so hope they are together!

Oh boy are you in for a treat. I'm a huge SoraxKairi shipper myself (and judging from your pics and stuff I assume you are as well). I absolutely don't want to spoil any of it for you but I'm telling you, you neeeeed to play it/watch it.

Warriornate

I just wanted to add, that the entire theme of KH3 specifically was dealing with being separated from their love. Nomura chose the best disney worlds for this game to show the audience that even if you are separated from the ones you love, your hearts are still connected. That’s the theme of the Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Big hero 6. That list includes basically every world that Disney gave Namura creative control over. He did his best to ease us into the separation theme.

That said, Namura likes to change the themes in everyone of his games. While KH 3 dealt with separation, I expect the next game to have an entirely different theme.

D

Deleted member 252753

I just wanted to add, that the entire theme of KH3 specifically was dealing with being separated from their love. Nomura chose the best disney worlds for this game to show the audience that even if you are separated from the ones you love, your hearts are still connected. That’s the theme of the Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Big hero 6. That list includes basically every world that Disney gave Namura creative control over. He did his best to ease us into the separation theme.

That said, Namura likes to change the themes in everyone of his games. While KH 3 dealt with separation, I expect the next game to have an entirely different theme.
That's a really great point and I think the 'separation from the one you love' theme is also present in Olympus and Corona (Hercules choosing Meg over godhood and Rapunzel having to choose to be apart from Finn to save him) and even a little bit in Arendelle and 100 Acre Wood (where the separation is more about emotional than physical barriers).

But I also think a running theme throughout the series is that connections between hearts cannot be truly severed, and that connections between hearts lead to physical connections. In KH3, I think Merlin says something about it always being possible to make new pathways between hearts. It would be a sad twist if the only people who couldn't be together like this were Sora and Kairi.

Eonstar890

Awards
Personally, KH3 would have been much more interesting and exciting to me if it was a SRK game. Donald and Goofy can join Mickey in Aqua quest, and Lea trains on his own (sorry Lea). Like mentioned before, it’d be great exposure for the trio to have been a real trio, and it’d be fun to see the interactions of Kairi with Disney characters.

But thematically, I do see how the manipulation of Kairi and Sora‘s relationship has been a driving force of the series. This pining is Sora’s motivation (wholly are partially) in KH1 KH2 CoM and KH3. She has been used as a ploy by Ansem, Xemnas, and Xehanort, all three of the main antagonist throughout the series.

(An interesting point to note is the parallel between this and Nameless star... How this might connect to how Sora and the secret episode play out)

Ultimately, I could see Sora and Kairi never truly being together. It’s not what I want to happen, but it might be the case. If anyone has seen Onward, I kinda seeing it play out that way. Where the two love each other and care for each other, but in the end, they must learn to live without each other. More optimistically it could relate to the idea of forging a new path. This is touched on with the Hundred Acre Wood. Up until now their relationship has been defined by conflict, perhaps to be together they must build a new connection. Whatever the case, I can’t imagine either of them truly dying or going away forever and it wouldn’t be fair for one to get to stay in the RoL with all their other friends while the other is stuck in some other reality.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Personally, KH3 would have been much more interesting and exciting to me if it was a SRK game. Donald and Goofy can join Mickey in Aqua quest, and Lea trains on his own (sorry Lea). Like mentioned before, it’d be great exposure for the trio to have been a real trio, and it’d be fun to see the interactions of Kairi with Disney characters.

But thematically, I do see how the manipulation of Kairi and Sora‘s relationship has been a driving force of the series. This pining is Sora’s motivation (wholly are partially) in KH1 KH2 CoM and KH3. She has been used as a ploy by Ansem, Xemnas, and Xehanort, all three of the main antagonist throughout the series.

(An interesting point to note is the parallel between this and Nameless star... How this might connect to how Sora and the secret episode play out)

Ultimately, I could see Sora and Kairi never truly being together. It’s not what I want to happen, but it might be the case. If anyone has seen Onward, I kinda seeing it play out that way. Where the two love each other and care for each other, but in the end, they must learn to live without each other. More optimistically it could relate to the idea of forging a new path. This is touched on with the Hundred Acre Wood. Up until now their relationship has been defined by conflict, perhaps to be together they must build a new connection. Whatever the case, I can’t imagine either of them truly dying or going away forever and it wouldn’t be fair for one to get to stay in the RoL with all their other friends while the other is stuck in some other reality.
A KH3 where it was SRK would certainly have made for a very fascinating "what if?" KH3 alternate rewrite. If Riku and Kairi were Sora's party all KH3 then the writing would be different as they would require more dialogue compared to Donald and Goofy. Things would have to be changed such as powerlevels, Larxene blowing the cast off mountains or Young Xehanort being able to handle everyone solo in Toy Box. Riku is also mature compared to Donald or Goofy so there would probably be moments where he takes charge. There is also their take on the whole Roxas needs a body storyline, interesting since Riku played a role in getting rid of him. They'd also be there for the Vanitas scene and the 3 hearts in Sora, which probably would have been taken more seriously with Riku and Kairi present. KH3 would certainly be a different game had Riku and Kairi been the party members. I'd love actually to read a rewrite with that being the case as it would certainly flesh out Kairi and assimilate her into the Sora/Riku dynamic, which I really want so badly.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Riku and Kairi as Sora's party members in KH3? Hard pass. If KH3 showed me anything is that Sora, Donald, and Goofy have a really fun and great dynamic together. Some of my favorite moments in the game was the three of them interacting together. Plus Sora wasn't with them since KH2.

And since Donald and Goofy won't play a part in DDD Volume 2 who knows when we would have gotten the original trio again

D

Deleted member 252753

Riku and Kairi as Sora's party members in KH3? Hard pass. If KH3 showed me anything is that Sora, Donald, and Goofy have a really fun and great dynamic together. Some of my favorite moments in the game was the three of them interacting together. Plus Sora wasn't with them since KH2.

And since Donald and Goofy won't play a part in DDD Volume 2 who knows when we would have gotten the original trio again
Definitely agree. I like SRK but I can't picture them having comedic moments together the way SDG can and I worry it would make going through the Disney worlds a slog. I agree with SweetYetSalty that it would add to a lot of the key plot moments to have Riku and Kairi present though.

Eonstar890

Awards
I like SRK but I can't picture them having comedic moments together the way SDG can and I worry it would make going through the Disney worlds a slog.

You can't picture it because we have never been given the chance to see it. I remember the dynamic they had WAY back at the very beginning of KH1 being playful and more normal, but we have not been given any chances to see the three just being friends since then. They're always separated and the few moments they are together are life and death situations where there's no time for comedic breaks.

I like to think about Riku's journey through the sleeping worlds and his edgy more sarcastic side. I could totally see them playing off of Sora being oblivious to Riku's sarcastic side, and Kairi being so excited to explore outside worlds. Kairi could be like Rapunzel in Tangled everything seeming so amazing and magical, Riku would totally be the dad of the group, and f course Sora would be Sora. The potential is definitely there, but unfortunately its a dynamic that is simply never showcased. If it was, I am sure you'd be able to picture it then :)

PStuder12321

Oh boy are you in for a treat. I'm a huge SoraxKairi shipper myself (and judging from your pics and stuff I assume you are as well). I absolutely don't want to spoil any of it for you but I'm telling you, you neeeeed to play it/watch it.

I plan to! Just got my paycheck and IM gonna hit that thing tonight!

Trimmed the quote cause its above but Im responding to not just you'r reply but everyone else in that conversation. So yes KH3 was about seperation. Which I think was the only down side of the game, HOWEVER, If they go for the storyline of they will never be together I feel the series will get ruined and die out and end on a really bad note. its just not good for the fans, the story, the world, ANY OF IT. However, If they use this as a changing of fates where the next game or two are focused on bringing the trio back together and then making KH4 a SKR game. It will be AMAZING keep the trio together for kh4 and beyond and not only can I see the game going even further as there will be SOOO much more new neat things to explore as SKR but the storyline can progress a LOT with the game finally taking a more serious tone (but of course playful!) They have a lot to lose by continuing the seperation theme and its honestly time that goes away. but they have an INSANE amount to gain, by finally letting the trio BE A REAL TRIO. and continue the game more. My hope is that the next game or so is focused on bringing the trio back together so KH4 will be a SKR game and they forge a new path. Nothing but good can come out of that.

I like to think about Riku's journey through the sleeping worlds and his edgy more sarcastic side. I could totally see them playing off of Sora being oblivious to Riku's sarcastic side, and Kairi being so excited to explore outside worlds. Kairi could be like Rapunzel in Tangled everything seeming so amazing and magical, Riku would totally be the dad of the group, and f course Sora would be Sora. The potential is definitely there, but unfortunately its a dynamic that is simply never showcased. If it was, I am sure you'd be able to picture it then :)

again trimmed for space and ease its right above and im replying to all of you guys on this topic. So, I think KH3 as SKR... I like the idea.. but its ok how it is plus I think its a good final showdown for Donald and Goofy AS.... I feel its time to start moving into SKR for KH4 and I feel they need to keep that and stop the seperation theme. It was good at first, it's killing the series now. The game was so much more fun and pulled people in SOOO hard when SKR started playing more together and the game was more focused around the orginazation then the disney worlds in KH2. Everyone was ALL over it. Lets be real.. generally.. we loved KH3.. but we hated it at the same time... mostly because...they continued the seperation theme. They need to let that go and build up SKR in the next game or two and then KH4 needs to be a SKR game where they break the chain of seperation and continue as a permenant trio for good. That would open the door up SO much for Nomura and make the fans SO happy. the game needs a good ending. its way past due...big time.. But KH3 was good how it was... the ending. .I feel was bad... cause again seperation. but they can save it and turn it into something amazing but letting go of the seperation them and pushing the SKR trio.

Back