• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The ratio of returning/new worlds for KHIV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ratio of old/new Disney worlds for KHIV

• few new worlds, I prefer more of my old favorites to return. 4 new 6 old

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • more new worlds! less of the old. 7 new 3 old

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I think an equal amount would strike a good balance. 5 new 5 old

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I don't really care much about the old worlds, want mostly new. 8 new 2 old

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • most of the new disney movie don't have much to offer. stick with old school. 8 old 2 new

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • give me a good handful of the classic kh disney worlds and fill out the rest with new. 4 old 6 new

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
This thread isn't so much about which Disney world you want in the game, more about how many both returning worlds and new worlds you honestly think will be incorporated into the final version of the game. I tried to nail down a pattern with how many worlds they decide to bring back and how many brand new ones they wish to showcase. Not counting the first KH game obviously. Focusing on how both the sequels and spinoffs did it. KHII had a total of five returning Disney worlds (two of them optional) and seven new Disney worlds. Unless you truly count Disney Castle as a new world (it was shown in the first game but wouldn't be playable until KH2). In this case I am or if not than say it has six returning levels and six new ones.

Days had six returning worlds and no new ones at all, but this game is a rare case. Birth by Sleep had three returning Disney worlds along with four new ones. KHIII had five new Disney worlds while it had two and a quarter returning Disney worlds. My question to all of you is what is your prediction for KH4? Will there be more new worlds than returning? Or would it be a surprising opposite with more returning worlds and less new ones. Or would you think there would be an equal amount?

Just for the sake of the thread let's say there will be ten Disney worlds in total to be included in the next exciting main numbered title. Your thoughts?

For extra fun add which worlds you think are most worthy to be in that ten world list.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think returning worlds depends on the overall plot of KINGDOM HEARTS IV. If we're gonna get more about the Pure Hearts, then I presume those princesses' respective worlds will make a comeback.

And judging by the fact that Nomura likes working with Hades' character, we can expect Olympus' return in some shape or form.

cakito123

Awards
A few returns isn't bad, it should be a welcome thing to catch up on old friends. I want more Agrabah But new Disney worlds is kinda the biggest marketing point of a new KH game so it still needs to be more new than old.

I want returning world for this alone. I love when in KH2 Sora would already know the characters and they'd all go "Hey, sora, long time no see!" and go directly to a new adventure.
Thinking about it now, not having to introduce SDG to the Movie's world cuts a lot of time and puts the spotlight on what really matter.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's going to depend on the story, of course, but I think they should have a few repeat worlds and the rest should be new.

That said, if I could get Agrabah back, I would love it. Recreate the King of Thieves, Nomura. Why do you deny us this one thing? Make all of the awful trips to Agrabah in past games worth it just for this in UE4/5. Kingdom of Corona, Castle of Dreams, San Fransokyo, and Arendelle are also my other top choices.

As for new worlds, I hope they pull from a variety of films rather than relying on 90% modern films.

disney233

Awards
It really depends on the direction of the story at this point. (Even if the Disney worlds doesn't have much relevance anymore) I guess I'd be okay seeing Agrabah returning. It all just seems...too early thinking about Disney worlds. I remember having some big list of Disney worlds at the ready...now I...really don't know where the story's heading to merit a use for them, yet. It's just me being stupid and self-centered...I guess.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If we are following Kairi during her sleep, then we would travel to some Sleeping Worlds. I'm not sure how they could write any of the KH3 worlds as Sleeping Worlds, but hey, they got two different Mickey Mouse worlds out of it in Dream Drop Distance.

We also don't know what Realm / World Line Sora is in so I'm sure that they could write their way around a new world story because of it being a different World Line.

Though, since the jump to Unreal, I think any pre-KH3 worlds would feel new to me, rather than feeling like a returning world. The Caribbean felt completely fresh despite being a returning world so the next game could be like Days and feature no new worlds and it'd still feel new to me.

I'm still hoping that we get some new Disney worlds that are based on life and death. I can think of a handful of Disney worlds that have since gone unused in the series that would fit in with that theme, which also includes a returning world (because of course Hades is needed).

I would be impressed if returning worlds were stylised like 100 Acre Woods was. The cel shading was a nice touch to make the world stand out, especially since it takes place in a book. I'm not holding my breath though, since Olympus's return was more in-line with the rest of the game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm still hoping that we get some new Disney worlds that are based on life and death. I can think of a handful of Disney worlds that have since gone unused in the series that would fit in with that theme, which also includes a returning world (because of course Hades is needed).
Probably should've held off on At World's End, Davy Jones' Locker would've been great for this purpose. But then again all of the PotC films deal with that sort of theme, so the 4th & 5th films are just as much a possibility.

Lucky for Square, Pixar seems very interested in the afterlife these days: Coco, Onward, & the upcoming Soul all dealing with it in different ways.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’d like to see 5-6 new worlds and 4 returning. For the latter, I’d want Corona and Arendelle from KH3 along with Agrabah and Neverland. I’d love to see Neverland with a fully realized island that we can fly around freely. I guess Wreck It Ralph would technically be a returning world too, which I definitely want to see in a console game.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
First of all thank you to all that have participated in this discussion thus far. From the responses I have read, I am in agreement about the returning worlds. Mainly the parts about having anywhere between three to four returning Disney worlds, and one of them being Agrabah. We need our old buddy Aladdin back.

I think returning worlds depends on the overall plot of KINGDOM HEARTS IV. If we're gonna get more about the Pure Hearts, then I presume those princesses' respective worlds will make a comeback.

One reason why I have this gut feeling that we will be seeing Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel (hopefully) in their respective worlds again in the near future.

A few returns isn't bad, it should be a welcome thing to catch up on old friends. I want more Agrabah But new Disney worlds is kinda the biggest marketing point of a new KH game so it still needs to be more new than old.

Agreed. You are on point referring to catching up with old friends. That was one aspect I loved about KHII. Not every world had to be completely new. Great feeling to revisit certain worlds, and witnessing the bonds Sora would continue to develop with Disney characters outside of the usual duo of Goofy and Donald.

You are also right about newer Disney worlds being one of the key marketing factors of a brand new KH entry. That's why for me personally a few returning places with the rest being fresh new levels sounds about right to me.

First of all thank you to all that have participated in this discussion thus far. From the responses I have read, I am in agreement about the returning worlds. Mainly the parts about having anywhere between three to four returning Disney worlds, and one of them being Agrabah. We want our old buddy Aladdin back.

I want returning world for this alone. I love when in KH2 Sora would already know the characters and they'd all go "Hey, sora, long time no see!" and go directly to a new adventure.
Thinking about it now, not having to introduce SDG to the Movie's world cuts a lot of time and puts the spotlight on what really matter.

I thoroughly enjoyed the moments with Hercules, Aladdin, Simba, Jack Skellington, Mushu, Belle, etc. all happy to see Sora and the gang back. After the pleasant reunion they get right down to business. This is why I think at least a few Disney worlds from past games need to come back. Maybe have a couple of them be near the beginning similar to Olympus in KHIII, and they could provide insight on the upcoming plot to unfold. Anything less than three returning worlds for KHIV would be disappointing in my book.

Agrabah always did feel like one of those worlds that really should have been in KH3. Even taking into account the new PoH I wanted to see how a former princess of light felt about losing her status

This will always irk me, until by some God given miracle Aladdin along with his world make a grand return in KHIV. After hearing that Olympus, Caribbean, and Hundred Acre Wood all came back, I thought for sure Agrabah would join in too. To my dismay it has not come to pass...yet. Agrabah would be great to have as one of the early worlds in KHIV with Jasmine providing SDG with the intel on how to locate the new princesses.

It's going to depend on the story, of course, but I think they should have a few repeat worlds and the rest should be new.

That said, if I could get Agrabah back, I would love it. Recreate the King of Thieves, Nomura. Why do you deny us this one thing? Make all of the awful trips to Agrabah in past games worth it just for this in UE4/5. Kingdom of Corona, Castle of Dreams, San Fransokyo, and Arendelle are also my other top choices.

As for new worlds, I hope they pull from a variety of films rather than relying on 90% modern films.

Hear, here! I concur with Aladdin and the King of Thieves. IMO Agrabah redone in Unreal Engine plus exploring the actual palace would be a most welcome addition for KHIV. Agrabah along with Kingdom of Corona are my top two most requested old Disney worlds to return. Both can contribute towards the new POH story. The larger reason is because outside of Hercules I think Sora has the best chemistry (and a real bond) with both Rapunzel and Aladdin, more so than most other Disney world characters he has met in all of the games.

I’d like to see 5-6 new worlds and 4 returning. For the latter, I’d want Corona and Arendelle from KH3 along with Agrabah and Neverland. I’d love to see Neverland with a fully realized island that we can fly around freely. I guess Wreck It Ralph would technically be a returning world too, which I definitely want to see in a console game.

YES! Yes to all of this. Mostly for Corona and Agrabah, my main two. If I had to add a top 3 returning, the Caribbean would join the list with Agrabah and Corona. As for Arendelle I honestly wouldn't mind it coming back IF it does not have the same restrictions it did in KHIII. The environments from the second movie would look stunning to say the least. Oh, actually have SDG really bond with Elsa, Anna, Kristoff this time around. Not talk to them for a minute then pretend they are all best buddies, then not get acknowledged at all yet again. Sora hasn't been to Neverland since the very first game, it would be a pleasant surprise flying around with Peter Pan in Neverland once more in glorious Unreal Engine graphics this time. Besides, we might finally have a scene featuring Sora and Kairi flying together in the world. Wreck-it Ralph I am shocked was only just a summon and didn't have a full world in KH3. Here's hoping they decide to include that in KHIV. Ralph's world is one place that possibly has the most potential for mini-games more so than all the other worlds.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Probably should've held off on At World's End, Davy Jones' Locker would've been great for this purpose. But then again all of the PotC films deal with that sort of theme, so the 4th & 5th films are just as much a possibility.
3 still worked due to it fitting in with the other Disney worlds being about returning lost loves from the dead. I really wanted the 4th Pirates film to be done before Xehanort was gone for good, since he wanted to be youthful enough to see to the end of the Keyblade War :'(

While I'd hate for the 4th to be skipped over (I immensely enjoyed it), the 5th film deals with the Trident of Poseidon being a magical item that lifts curses, so it could fit in with what the next game seems to be setting up with Sora's "curse" of being in who knows where.

So yeah, I think Pirates has a bit more of a chance to return in the next / next couple of games and that's fine with me.

Henryp

Awards
I believe there will be one or two titles before something that can be called KHIV, most prob a DDD part 2 or BBS part 2 or a mix of those two. For those games, knowing that "dreams" is again a theme and Riku, Kairi and "another" (which I believe will be Roxas, I'll explain later) seems to be pivotal to the next title, I can see a lot of rehash of KH3 to take advantage of the assets and the engine and put a game out as quickly as possible during the last year/s of PS4 and XBOX one. I wouldn't be surprised in the return of Corona, Arandelle, maybe Olympus and San Fransokyo before KH4. They already have character assets and battle mechanics for Riku, Kairi and Roxas which only needs to be improved to be fully playable characters with their own scenarios. Maybe, judging by the first cutscenes of Limit Cut, we will also get an BBS trio game or scenario, which will also imply the return of the Dark World, which they also have assets too.

For KH4 I believe they will reserve Disney most succesfull IP. I see Arandelle, Toybox and Caribbean returning in KH4, as well as the return of Agrabbah and maybe Pride Lands if they feel like it. Films like Onward, Brave and Moana are potential new worlds I can see being incorporated into KH4. I don't know how they will do it, but probably we will also see another live action film in the vein of Maleficent or Wonderland. I think KH4 will be more in the lines of KH2 in which they'll mix more "new comers" with returning worlds, as transporting assets from UE4 to UE5 will be cheaper than creating all the worlds from zero. In KH3 every world, returning or not needed to be created from the ground, which won't be the case for KH4.

I also see TT and RG as returning original worlds because, again, it will be cheaper.

Edit: Forgot about The Incredibles. Thats my #1 bet for a new comer. And Arandelle being my #1 bet for a returning world because $$$.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I picked the last option. Since there are only going to be around 8 worlds from now on (which is bull, but nevertheless), I'd say three returning worlds and the rest new.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I want a mix of both. As much as I'm tired of Agrabah, I feel we should have another adventure there. Sora deserves to be at Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding and that giant island turtle from King of Thieves just begs to be a playable. Imagine that thing getting corrupt by Heartless and becoming a boss. That would be legendary visually! Aladdin feels as close to Sora as Hercules so count me among those that felt it should have had a spot in KH3.

I do want new Disney worlds as well such as Princess and the Frog, Moana, and Zootopia too. Those ones also would be high marketing for the game the way Frozen, Tangled, Toy Story, and Pirates were. But they also had some new but lesser popular ones like Monster's Inc and Big Hero 6 and two classics in Hercules and Pooh. I imagine most worlds will be on a marketing scale with fewer classics. I would love a Great Mouse Detective world representing classic Disney in a future KH game.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Since there are only going to be around 8 worlds from now on (which is bullshit, but nevertheless), I'd say three returning worlds and the rest new.

Only 8 Disney worlds for each game now? Was this confirmed in an interview? Or are you just basing this off of the world selection in KH3? I believe that since they were adjusting to the incorporation of unreal engine, it was a bit challenging to create each world. Between now and the next few years I think that won't be the case anymore. Not saying we will have as large a selection like KH2 did, but come on we could do better than just 8. If not a whole 10 at the most, at least 9 could work.

I want a mix of both. As much as I'm tired of Agrabah, I feel we should have another adventure there. Sora deserves to be at Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding and that giant island turtle from King of Thieves just begs to be a playable. Imagine that thing getting corrupt by Heartless and becoming a boss. That would be legendary visually! Aladdin feels as close to Sora as Hercules so count me among those that felt it should have had a spot in KH3.

Again I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. Between here and Youtube I am glad to see I am not the only person that felt sort of cheated out of an Agrabah return. Sora attending Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding is a must. Maybe Sora can be the best man at the wedding.

I do want new Disney worlds as well such as Princess and the Frog, Moana, and Zootopia too. Those ones also would be high marketing for the game the way Frozen, Tangled, Toy Story, and Pirates were. But they also had some new but lesser popular ones like Monster's Inc and Big Hero 6 and two classics in Hercules and Pooh. I imagine most worlds will be on a marketing scale with fewer classics. I would love a Great Mouse Detective world representing classic Disney in a future KH game.

Not just you and myself, but countless others bring up Princess and the Frog, Moana, and Zootopia as three worlds that should be saved for KHIV. In my opinion each of those three suggestions just feels right to me for the inevitable part 4 as opposed to being in a side game. The unreal engine would do wonders for them. I have a feeling they will be on the list, and maybe Jungle Cruise too as another live action/jungle based world if it does well enough at the box office that is. As for less popular surprise worlds to be included; my top one will always be: Gargoyles.

Last edited:

GreyouTT

Awards
That said, if I could get Agrabah back, I would love it. Recreate the King of Thieves, Nomura. Why do you deny us this one thing? Make all of the awful trips to Agrabah in past games worth it just for this in UE4/5.

Just picturing the Vanishing Isle after seeing that UE5 demo

mNZeU.gif

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Just picturing the Vanishing Isle after seeing that UE5 demo

mNZeU.gif

The Vanishing Isle as a boss fight I have dreamed about since KH2.

unnamed89RNAE9Z.jpg

This would look magnificent in fully rendered unreal engine. The boss fight would make the Titans boss battles in KH3 look like a joke by comparison. A battle with this and then a boss battle having us fight both Sa'luk & Cobra Jafar at the same time

Sa'Luk.jpg

snake_jafar_-_part_2.png

in KH4 would make for a spectacular, epic finish to the Agrabah saga in the series.

Last edited:
Back