• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

the third person the fairy Godmother spoke of?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I thought it was Yozora, since Riku was specifically called out and we saw Kairi asleep, and it turned to a shot of the Final World where Yozora is/was. And when you beat or lose to Yozora, he wakes up in his car.

Sure, Ventus was asleep but I feel like TAV may have been written out of the next game or two by having them be in the Realm of Darkness so Nomura can focus on SRK and Yozora's story.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sure, Ventus was asleep but I feel like TAV may have been written out of the next game or two by having them be in the Realm of Darkness so Nomura can focus on SRK and Yozora's story.
I feel like this was side-game bait, but this also makes sense in a sad way ahahah

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Could be. I just saw it as like "Do not expect to see these characters in the next game because they're off doing their own thing."
I can already see them getting calls on their gummiphones from Yen Sid telling them that Riku and Kairi have successfully brought Sora back to the land of the living at the end of the next game, lol

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I also saw the cutscene with TAV as Nomura saying "You won't be seeing them or RAX for awhile."
Awww! That bums me out...but if it means a SRK trio game then I'm fine with it. The Destiny trio need the time more then anyone right now.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I thought it was Yozora, since Riku was specifically called out and we saw Kairi asleep, and it turned to a shot of the Final World where Yozora is/was. And when you beat or lose to Yozora, he wakes up in his car.

Maybe the "Sora" Yozora was thinking of was Ventus? Perhaps Ven slipped over into Yozora's world while he was sleeping?

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
It would make sense to be Yozora, considering the whole "I will save you" and "Looks like my powers aren't needed yet" thing going on. He wakes up in his car whether you win or lose, which implies that both endings are dreams.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I also saw the cutscene with TAV as Nomura saying "You won't be seeing them or RAX for awhile."

[pops champagne]

Bye Felicia!

giphy (7).gif

Edit: on a serious note though, a lot of people are banking on a Kairi based game, but people also have to think of how many will be invested in one. After all, SE are a business.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Will they be going to Deep Jungle?
Maybe they could get away with presenting it as a generic jungle with no recognizable characters from Tarzan appearing & only heartless.

Edit: on a serious note though, a lot of people are banking on a Kairi based game, but people also have to think of how many will be invested in one. After all, SE are a business.

She probably won't be the only playable character. Sora could get a Roxas style prologue playing the Reaper's Game (is it a coincidence both are 7 days long?) while the main campaign is split between Riku & Kairi à la DDD.

Riku was originally considered for being the sole playable character of DDD & I'm of the opinion he should've been the sole protagonist of CoM as well. But Square doesn't trust him enough I guess.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe they could get away with presenting it as a generic jungle with no recognizable characters from Tarzan appearing & only heartless.
Maybe they can give all of Tarzan/Jane's lines to Jiminy in this unnamed, generic jungle? They can also replace Clayton with a humanoid heartless hunter.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Maybe they can give all of Tarzan/Jane's lines to Jiminy in this unnamed, generic jungle? They can also replace Clayton with a humanoid heartless hunter.
They could replace the movie characters with characters from the Tarzan TV series. They'd be like new characters because nobody would know who they are.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They could replace the movie characters with characters from the Tarzan TV series. They'd be like new characters because nobody would know who they are.
Were some of those adapted from other Tarzan books? There were a bunch of Tarzan novels to draw from.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Were some of those adapted from other Tarzan books? There were a bunch of Tarzan novels to draw from.
Good question, I have no idea. I only watched a handful of Tarzan episodes as a kid because they played them before Digimon Frontier came on. They had some original non-movie characters in there that could be passed off as KH original characters because only the most diehard Tarzan fans would recognize them.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Good question, I have no idea. I only watched a handful of Tarzan episodes as a kid because they played them before Digimon Frontier came on. They had some original non-movie characters in there that could be passed off as KH original characters because only the most diehard Tarzan fans would recognize them.
Preliminary research shows that a recurring ape named Flynt was present in Disney Infinity 2.0 in some fashion. So there is something to this idea.

EDIT: Theodore Roosevelt was apparently in this show at 1 point. Wonder if they can use him?

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
She probably won't be the only playable character. Sora could get a Roxas style prologue playing the Reaper's Game (is it a coincidence both are 7 days long?) while the main campaign is split between Riku & Kairi à la DDD.

Riku was originally considered for being the sole playable character of DDD & I'm of the opinion he should've been the sole protagonist of CoM as well. But Square doesn't trust him enough I guess.

They don't trust him because we don't know Riku's selling power either. He's appreciated more in the West than in Japan, yet I don't know what can they do with a character whose already peaked. BBS had new characters and Days only happened because of the absurd double popularity power that a game focusing on Roxas as a main character but he wasn't with Axel in tow was for sure safe investment.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They don't trust him because we don't know Riku's selling power either. He's appreciated more in the West than in Japan, yet I don't know what can they do with a character whose already peaked. BBS had new characters and Days only happened because of the absurd double popularity power that a game focusing on Roxas as a main character but he wasn't with Axel in tow was for sure safe investment.
Does the KH series really depend on "selling power" of original characters? I never got that vibe. I feel like the KH series relies on its name to get buyers, rather than characters that appear. Also, the game itself is what brings people in. KHUX has a really interesting story/characters, but I cannot play a phone game with all that comprehensive story.

I think once it's on a mainstream console and has Disney worlds, that is what will sell a KH game. I don't care who I'm playing as, I will always buy and play a KH game once it's on a console - any console (preferably PS).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think once it's on a mainstream console and has Disney worlds, that is what will sell a KH game. I don't care who I'm playing as, I will always buy and play a KH game once it's on a console - any console (preferably PS).
The side games have always been handheld titles & Switch is the only game in that town.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The side games have always been handheld titles & Switch is the only game in that town.
Those were the old days. I doubt they will make a Switch exclusive, when they can easily use the assets they have and create a DLC side-game (to save money on making the discs). If they were really going to go that route, then 0.2 would have been on the Switch.

I don't think Nomura is going to make that mistake again. KH will probably always be on PS/Xbox (ugh and mobile phone) systems moving forward.

Back