• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Sora now the youngest of the Destiny Island trio?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
This is a strange phenomenon that just occurred to me. With Sora being "dead" he wouldn't age at all right? It seems he will be dead for at least a year. Meanwhile Kairi though is asleep/in a coma will continue to age regardless, like how people in real life still have their bodies age. Same applies to Riku. That would be kind of awkward with Sora now becoming the young, little bro of the group. That would be another interesting consequence of him dying in KH3, losing that year of his life and not properly aging with the rest of his friends. That is even worse than him being asleep for year after Chain of Memories because at least he grew up during the sleep. What do you all think? Is Sora going to remain the same age or will he for some reason still age even in death?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
We don't know if what happened to Sora means 'death' though. But in the interest of if it did, I doubt it means anything. Sora will likely still be taller then Kairi, just like Riku is taller then Aqua. They never talk about a characters age in KH so it's one of those things that will be glossed over regardless.

Awards
We don't know if what happened to Sora means 'death' though. But in the interest of if it did, I doubt it means anything. Sora will likely still be taller then Kairi, just like Riku is taller then Aqua. They never talk about a characters age in KH so it's one of those things that will be glossed over regardless.
Riku's taller than Aqua?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
All of the OCs shown in the epilogue look the same despite a year having passed so I doubt it will be addressed

AegisXIII

Awards
To be honest, I would love to see Kairi growing taller than Sora to emphasize that everyone is moving forward with their life after the organisation destruction, except for him who has the Peter Pan syndrom.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

Yeah, I mean Sora being in the Final World is weird because Chirithy made it sound like the events of ReMind were supposed to straight up kill him. But Sora waking up there, fully completed and all, means he's either not dead, or right now his existence is on the whim of someone actively keeping him in this reality.

So he'd probably still age, depending on where he is. The Final World seems like a place that exists out of time (which makes sense) so if he was there just kinda... laying there... for a whole year, then he'd still be as old as he was at the end of KH3. If he fought Yozora, won, and is now wandering around Shibuya for the past year (and Shibuya isn't purgatory itself in some way), then yeah, he's definitely aged.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
To be honest, I would love to see Kairi growing taller than Sora to emphasize that everyone is moving forward with their life after the organisation destruction, except for him who has the Peter Pan syndrom.

That is what I was thinking. Everyone or majority of the people that Sora has worked diligently to save eventually go on with their lives for the most part meanwhile he remains stagnant both in a physical sense and in mind set too. Sora being gone in limbo and being prevented to mature further should have some consequences on his psyche in some way. I mean this would be the second time now he loses a year of his life. Perhaps when he returns he would have some initial difficulty in adjusting with how much changed while he has been away. He doesn't have to be gone long for that to happen. A lot can happen in a year.

Of course this is all hypothetical as it is not a hundred percent confirmed yet what exactly is happening to him in that one year gap.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have a feeling it won't get addressed at all, or Sora will just still match up with the others age-wise regardless of him being gone for a year/dead/crystal/whatever.

I don't think Nomura's the type of guy to take on the Peter Pan syndrome storyline when KH3 was very much about Sora growing up lol

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I mean they could have aged the BBS trio. Terra technically did age as apprentice Xehanort but was back to regular ole Terra by KH3. And they kept Aqua and Ven in the fountain of youth the whole time too. This series rarely ages the characters. Riku is still the same after a one year gap in Limitcut.

SuperNova

Awards
Considering that Ven is supposedly 17 and yet still looks just as young as Roxas does, and considering that Riku and Kairi's appearances have not changed at all in that one year. No. I do not think Sora will be the youngest, and KH doesn't really address their ages regardless.

Back