• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Trying to process my thoughts on the console's appearance. lol

giphy.gif

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
-About PS5 Event-

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is the only game I'm interested, since I loved Marvel's Spider-Man. Hopefully it's a spin-off and not a sequel. It's still soon to get rid of Peter.

I don't like PS5 design. I hope there's a black edition at least.

Props to Square for not announcing Final Fantasy 16. I want to believe they learned their lesson of announcing games too soon, assuming there's a FF16 in development in the first place. Announcing the next major KH game would also be a bad move, because Dark Road is coming and being a mobile game it would be overshadowed easily. 😂

They could have announced Verum Rex though.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's pretty great. That studio always puts a lot of love into their games, and honours the hardware they develop for.

Speaking of, the game features four worlds with each one based on a component of the PlayStation 5. Absolutely genius.

Astro and his crew lead you on a magical introduction through PS5 in this fun platformer that comes pre-loaded on PS5. Explore four worlds, each based on PS5’s console components. Each area showcases innovative gameplay that taps into the new features of the PS5's DualSense wireless controller.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The new design is interesting. I don't hate it. It's just now I gotta start saving the money for it. Well after it's been out for awhile and they make better versions of it. The life of a gamer.

They didn't announce FF16? That's not the Square I know. They must not have even made this thing yet. I needed some FF distraction from FFVII that has dominated the series long before it's remake lol.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
-About PS5 Event-

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is the only game I'm interested, since I loved Marvel's Spider-Man. Hopefully it's a spin-off and not a sequel. It's still soon to get rid of Peter.
Gotta wait until they do Superior Spider-Man before they get rid of Pete. ;)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Has anyone else seen all of the 4K screenshots? I won't link them because they are large files, but the Spider-Man, Horizon and Ratchet and Clank screens have blown me away. Just incredible, and I'm viewing this on a MacBook Pro so I can't even fathom how it looks blown up on my 65" 4K TV.

I promise I'm not bragging, I am just amazed from the pictures on a smaller screen and I feel like seeing them on my TV is just going to melt my brain, let alone actually playing those games at that quality.

LostArtist

Awards
It's pretty great. That studio always puts a lot of love into their games, and honours the hardware they develop for.

Speaking of, the game features four worlds with each one based on a component of the PlayStation 5. Absolutely genius.
that sounds cool!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I hope a FF16 isn't too far away. I'm ready for a new FF although I'm fine with them re-making older FFs, too. :)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That's not the Square I know.
Square Enix's new President submitted a policy where projects were not to be announced too early from the project's completion. This just means that perhaps the game hasn't even entered full production yet.

Speaking of SE, Project Atia is looking like a splice of Tomb Raider and FFXV.

As to the console itself, I'm expecting the PS5 to cost $499.99. Even the digital edition. I presume they'll give that one more TBs in order to justify the same price point.

And between both versions, I'd advise digital, seeing as how you can save yourself the situation of having the disc reader die the same way the OG PS4's dies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m hoping Square Enix will do their own showcase later this year featuring updates on FF, KH, TWEWY, Dragon Quest, Project Athia, etc. Right now, we know a lot of things are in development, but don’t really know much of anything concrete coming in 2021 and I think there has to be something in the pipeline.

This isn’t my favorite PS console design, but I think it’ll grow on me. The games are my main priority anyways and it looks to be delivering in that department. It was refreshing to see stuff besides dark and gritty shooters for a change. Super hyped for Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man: MM, and Kena: Bridge of Spirits.

2 quid is good

Awards
I wouldn't advise on buying a digital personally, considering a large amount of the games I buy are used copies, and also digital games take up just that much more space.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I wouldn't advise on buying a digital personally, considering a large amount of the games I buy are used copies, and also digital games take up just that much more space.
Physical games are installed to the SSD, they'll take up just as much space.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’m glad they are sticking with the clear blue box at least. Not a fan of the white, but I guess it goes in theme with the console

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
That, or they just have way too much leftover stock on blue cases.

D

Deleted member 246005

I joked that i ain't preordering a PS5 till a new Jak and Daxter gets announced.

Which is unlikely but after FfXV getting released anything's possible.

my pitch for a potential jak and daxter reboot is to go back to the first game's tone. Its a cartoony platformer that would lean more towards Legend of Zelda than GTA. Its still a kid friendly game but the new hack and slash mechanics and story elements could appeal to an older audience.

oh well... atleast Crash is back.

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Hoo boi, that's a dick move right there.

Also, it will be 40 minutes long.

Predictions:

-Spidy in Avengers trailer

-Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga (title screen leaked a few days ago)

-Call of Duty 2020

-Vader Immortal (surprisingly not already on PSVR)

-Tales of Arise

-SFV fighter reveal

Wildcard guesses:

-Timesplitters Trilogy remaster

-Disney Infinity Gold (all playsets/characters without needing toys, also coming to Switch)

-Spider-Man is exclusive party member in PS4 version of KH:MoM :p

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Hoo boi, that's a dick move right there.

Also, it will be 40 minutes long.

Predictions:

-Spidy in Avengers trailer

-Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga (title screen leaked a few days ago)

-Call of Duty 2020

-Vader Immortal (surprisingly not already on PSVR)

-Tales of Arise

-SFV fighter reveal

Wildcard guesses:

-Timesplitters Trilogy remaster

-Disney Infinity Gold (all playsets/characters without needing toys, also coming to Switch)

-Spider-Man is exclusive party member in PS4 version of KH:MoM :p
No new PS5 info? What's the point then? That's what everyone is begging for. We need a price point. Officially. Especially if it launches in November. That's literally 3 months away.

These bits of info are kinda cool I guess, though personally I could care less about any of it.

Back