• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
@Ballud of Caius
1. But that's aside from numbered titles, right? FFXV A New Empire, came out (along with new stuff for 12 & 14) in 2017, then biggest one I think was Dissidia in 2018, then from there it was the FFXV Pocket Edition (which admittedly tempted me for a little bit) and Collections of Mana (which I don't know much about). So I would say give FF7 Remake another 1-3 years to complete, and maybe in year 2 have XVI teased? Cause they'd probably want to ride that FF7 train for a little bit longer.
2. To be honest, I was SUPER surprised Bahamut wasn't an enemy in the original game considering the dialogue from the OMEN trailer and his demeanour in general + DLC.
3. That I did not know. Do you remember where you saw/heard that? Because I've looked at his trivia and I never saw something like that. The only indication of him and the words "Monster Phase" being included was that FFXV was the first title to have a final boss not be a giant fight.
4. When you say new lore, do you mean the one we got in the original game (circa 2016)? Or the DLC? Because I think the lore that they were setting up for him in 2016 was cut due to the previously mentioned time constraints.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
While I personally wouldn't trust the twitter user you linked, actual articles written have used similar language so I would assume it's all accurate. I think I'd be honoured that people loved my work so much they thought I'd be headlining the next in a series they love lol.
Same here, especially when it's probable, seeing as how SE is sorta short of a director candidate with Tabata gone.

1. But that's aside from numbered titles, right? FFXV A New Empire, came out (along with new stuff for 12 & 14) in 2017, then biggest one I think was Dissidia in 2018, then from there it was the FFXV Pocket Edition
Was mostly referring to mainline. And FFXV's release so apart from XIII's was because, y'know, all the issues that plagued Versus.

2. To be honest, I was SUPER surprised Bahamut wasn't an enemy in the original game considering the dialogue from the OMEN trailer and his demeanour in general + DLC.
Meh, I just think Bahamut had the Starscourge issue wane out of his control and basically used Ardyn, Aera and Somnus as his scapegoats and guinea pigs. Pretty much took over a hundred kings to amass power that came from him in order to get rid of it.

3. That I did not know. Do you remember where you saw/heard that? Because I've looked at his trivia and I never saw something like that. The only indication of him and the words "Monster Phase" being included was that FFXV was the first title to have a final boss not be a giant fight.
It was a long back, like a year or two ago. I think it was from an interview bit.

4. When you say new lore, do you mean the one we got in the original game (circa 2016)? Or the DLC? Because I think the lore that they were setting up for him in 2016 was cut due to the previously mentioned time constraints.
The ones we got introduced in the DLC. There was some stuff that was cut, other that was written as they go.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
1. Oh yeah, I totally feel like Nomura's giving a HUGE middle finger by adding Yozora to future KH titles.
2. It's just that in Omen, Regis said "You will have to pay for this" (paraphrase) with Bahamut responding with "As must we all" and that makes me think he WAS supposed to pay for his sociopathic tendencies of manipulating over 2000 years of history for his own goal.
3. Gotcha
4. I truly don't mean this in a way that makes me sound angry or sassy or whatever (because it isn't [I mean that with sincerity]), but that's because they ran out of time before Nomura got ousted to a new project, hence the DLC trying to cover Nomura's true vision, to quote him "It didn't have everything in it".

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I know this is unrelated, buuut...

This makes my stomach growl in terms of what could happen if the FF7 Remake project goes from cross gen to PS5 exclusive.
Oh, this series was never gonna end on PS4.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Oh, this series was never gonna end on PS4.
I mean, you can make an argument about the cost of the FINAL FANTASY VII Remake project and ignoring the PS4's user install base, plus Unreal Engine 4 is a much better engine in terms of optimization between platforms.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, you can make an argument about the cost of the FINAL FANTASY VII Remake project and ignoring the PS4's user install base, plus Unreal Engine 4 is a much better engine in terms of optimization between platforms.
I mean this series probably won't end on PS5 either. 5 years of development to cover 10% of the original game. & they're probably adding open world elements in part 2 so that's adding to their workload. This is gonna be a long haul.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I mean this series probably won't end on PS5 either. 5 years of development to cover 10% of the original game. & they're probably adding open world elements in part 2 so that's adding to their workload. This is gonna be a long haul.
I get your point, but I don't think the project will span more than three titles, maybe four. Maybe they'll streamline the rest of the towns and stuff.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Yoshinori Kitase: “At this current time, the team are still making the next game via remote working. Our performance will temporarily drop below 100% efficiency because of this, but I do not think there should be a big impact in the long term. I sincerely hope that Final Fantasy VII Remake can provide those who are forced to endure the stress of living under lockdown a moment of relief and enjoyment in these trying times.”

---

I presume that a couple of months from now they can go full force

Lulcy

Awards
As of Jan-June 2020 FF7R is the #4 best selling game of the year thus far.

EdIStLOU4AQbMsf

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Not to undersell Anima Crossing, but it's amazing how it's above pretty much this generation's most ambitious project: the FF7 Remake project.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Not to undersell Anima Crossing, but it's amazing how it's above pretty much this generation's most ambitious project: the FF7 Remake project.
It blows my mind just how big the AC series is. Like obviously it must be successful if Nintendo keeps making more of them but I never knew that it was mainline Mario/Pokemon levels of popular. Probably helped that it's been 12 years since the last proper console entry so the fans were hungry.

Part 1 by itself isn't really the most ambitious game this gen. Not with other games like RDR2, BoTW, AC Odyssey, or SSBU also in that pool. The entirety of the remake series might count, but Part 1 by itself is still ultimately a very linear game & not inherently groundbreaking.

D

Deleted member 252753

I would imagine Animal Crossing, with its social aspects, got a bigger boost from people being trapped in their homes than FF7 Remake.

Back