• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It's a bit depressing how KH's 2nd phase is basically dominated by two mobile games and a rhythm game.
Better than being dominated buy 3+ games with each having two to four years of differences in release.

---

For me, it is not a surprised and Im all for the spin-off. It is just I hope the Kairi part gets to shine on its own part, even if briefly, and not be like "Kairi gets a cutscene, and then we jump into Sora having fun with Ariel under the rhythm of Under the Sea"
Don't think so

Cumguardian69

Awards
It's a bit depressing how KH's 2nd phase is basically dominated by two mobile games and a rhythm game.
KH 2nd phase literally just started, coming off the heels of the series most ambitious project yet (KH3). It isn't depressing, as the 2nd phase has yet to TAKE OFF. Wait for such extreme emotions when 2024 hits and we see what direction KH is really taking. Believe me there will be many more surprises with this series

Xagzan

Awards
I don't get why anyone is surprised that they're pairing the Kairi game with a spinoff. Like, this is the same man that turned relevant a PC browser game, turned its mobile port into something a bit different a repurposed its plot as another season.

And like Sign said, Kairi as we know her cannot carry a standalone KH game. Not as you think you know her, but as the writers know her.

This is honestly no surprise. And if you're being a Betty Downer, good, that's okay. But I'm here excited to finally get some more of the most abandoned iteration of Xehanort: Apprentice 'not

I am too, but after being burned by vanilla KH3, well I'd prefer that not keep happening. I don't think anyone's particularly surprised, but it would be very disappointing.

I wonder how exactly do the writers know her? Doesn't seem like they've ever much cared to. It would be nice if they'd use some imagination to take advantage of the groundwork that's already been laid for her. If they did that, then she could absolutely carry her own game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Personally I consider Days-KH3 to be Phase 2 & we're actually in Phase 3 now but whatever.

What's the guesstimate on a Nomura interview explaining this game? About a week?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't get why anyone is surprised that they're pairing the Kairi game with a spinoff. Like, this is the same man that turned relevant a PC browser game, turned its mobile port into something a bit different a repurposed its plot as another season.

And like Sign said, Kairi as we know her cannot carry a standalone KH game. Not as you think you know her, but as the writers know her.

This is honestly no surprise. And if you're being a Betty Downer, good, that's okay. But I'm here excited to finally get some more of the most abandoned iteration of Xehanort: Apprentice 'not

---

Like Spock said in another thread: Melody = hearts in tune
I'm not a Betty Downer...I want to love this game, I just don't know how to play a rhythm game lol. If I did I'd be all over this thing. I will never frown at more Kingdom Hearts content. I'm always hungry for more.

But back to the the Melody/Memory thing, I'm still curious how they'll tie this back to finding Sora. Could this Melody be a new power even more OP then the Power of Waking?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Henryp

Awards
Personally I consider Days-KH3 to be Phase 2 & we're actually in Phase 3 now but whatever.

What's the guesstimate on a Nomura interview explaining this game? About a week?

I would consider CoM/KH2 phase 2, as the original KH could have been its own thing. Then the rest up to KH3 phase 3, 3-4.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
lol in before they release Melody of Memory as Final Cut or Final ReMix
Square:
I%27ll_Fuckin_Do_It_Again.jpg

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Precisely the point. they aren't suddenly gonna start caring miles for her and give her a standalone game.

Naminé

lol in before they release Melody of Memory as Final Cut or Final ReMix
Namine's not more OP the PoW, she can't reverse time. She's second only to it though
You guys are doing it wrong:
KINGDOM HEARTS Phase 1:
* KH1
* CoM

KH Phase 1.5:
* KH2
* coded

KH Phase 0.5:
* BBS
* Days

KH Phase 1.7:
* DDD
* A Fragmentary Passage

KH Phase 1.9:
* KH3
Where does the mobile stuff fit in?

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Idk Nomura is a wild man. I can easily imagine an short action combat game ala 0.2’s length within a rhythm game.
If they have managed to get KH3 working on Switch that's great, but I'm expecting pre-rendered scenes here.

What I see here is essentially another build-up. Give Kairi some motivation of her own beyond Sora through her past. Get her personally involved with ties to other characters and work from there. Build some character.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Namine's not more OP the PoW, she can't reverse time.
Never mentioned anything about time, but rather use her memory manipulating powers to reach Sora. And the last person that spoke directly to Sora was her AND in the Final World. Use her power over Sora's memories to reach him because, y'know, the game's called Melody of Memory.

If they have managed to get KH3 working on Switch that's great,
I feel like people need to keep their expectations in check. Just because they make A Fragmentary Passage a thing on the Switch and a hypothetical Kairi game that could be as long as AFP doesn't mean directly mean that KH3 can be ported to the Switch.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Never mentioned anything about time, but rather use her memory manipulating powers to reach Sora. And the last person that spoke directly to Sora was her AND in the Final World. Use her power over Sora's memories to reach him because, y'know, the game's called Melody of Memory.
I see, that makes sense. But wasn't Chrithy the last person Sora spoke with in Final World though? Or does that not count since he went with Sora and Kairi?

Foxycian

Awards
So is the game dedicated to kairi or is both Sora and Riku involved? Either way I’m confused I don’t know how to play these kind of games also are they on the phone?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Eh, what the heck. Let's throw Ansem, Seeker of Darkness into the list of possibilities for black coat here.

a9ab37dde5984aad8ea2837292a0a5f8.gif

All of them minus the Castle of Dreams theme.
I feel like Black Coat is the MoM. The fact that they focus the camera on Coaty removing his coat and then cutting off means that it should be him, seeing as how it's the other Black Coat we haven't seen revealed. Or it could be Darkness, but I'm on the boat that thinks that Darkness doesn't have a form.

But wasn't Chrithy the last person Sora spoke with in Final World though? Or does that not count since he went with Sora and Kairi?
Forgot about that detail and he's now with Ven

---

So is the game dedicated to kairi or is both Sora and Riku involved?
No one knows. My impression is that this is gonna be another coded. Ienzo and the gang are tinkering with Kairi's memories as she sleeps. The rhythm game is gonna be her memories of Sora and perhaps we get to see Sora's memories because of her connection with him

Either way I’m confused I don’t know how to play these kind of games also are they on the phone?
Memory of Melody is on the Switch, PS4 and Bone.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The black coat is Kairi's grandfather, that's right her grandfather. All the limelight has been on her grandmother nobody ever asked for her grandfather. Kairi's angry because he owes her some overdue birthday presents. And he better deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back