• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I am not a native French speaker but I looked it into a bit and am pretty sure that isn't true.
Somebody says it on a baby name site but I can't see Kairi (or any spelling variant) being used to mean song or melody in French anywhere.
Maybr it's from old French? That said i hadn't seen anything hinting at it either outside if baby name websites.

gulava

Awards
Yep. There's memory in the title, so she should have some sort of involvement. And she's part of the people that have interacted with Sora to and from the Final World.
She is also one of the two characters who interacted with time-travelling sora in Re:Mind.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I mean, I'd be mad if it were a canon pachinko machine. I'm not really miffed about Melody's canon status anymore.

Anyways...
View attachment 12751

O_O ?? *French brain does not compute*

I have no idea where that website got that from. Medieval French for melody is melodie. English picked up the word from there. "Carillon" (chime) comes from the number four. The closest musical term I can think of is "aria" (air/tune) which is an Italian word, not French. And has no K.

BUT if you want to go down that road... 🤓

The name "Kairi" might ring two bells in a nerdy French mind:

"Kairos (Ancient Greek: καιρός) is an Ancient Greek word meaning the right, critical, or opportune moment. The ancient Greeks had two words for time: chronos (χρόνος) and kairos. The former refers to chronological or sequential time, while the latter signifies a proper or opportune time for action." ( :D ) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kairos

And Carrie (Carine) comes from the Latin adjective that means "expensive" => "precious" => "Dearly beloved".👌

Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk 😁

Further readings to turn this rhythm game into a G(r)eeky poetic-and-philosophical journey:

The dead shall live, the living die,
And music shall untune the sky.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
View attachment 12769
As someone in the middle of their FF13 Journey and as one who doesn't hate those game... This joke gave me a migraine.
UOFy9oJ.png

PStuder12321

[parsehtml]<p>Check out the brand new trailer for KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory, releasing worldwide in 2020 for PS4/XBO/Switch!&nbsp;Featuring over 140 songs and 4 gameplay modes including online functionality, you'll surely not want to miss it!</p>
<center><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L6_PF9DUP6E" frameborder="0" width="560" height="315"></iframe></center>
<p><a href="https://www.jp.square-enix.com/kingdom/kh_mom/">Visit the official website!</a></p>[/parsehtml]

So the melody part. NGL. weird. HOWEVER. screw the first part of the trailer, the second part... OMG so many things to say.

1. Thats Mom, he reveals himself to Kairi. Kairi is awake, with Riku, Do they BOTH go to Yozoro's world. Further more, if Mom is going back and fourth from Yozoros world so can Sora. Further, What Happened at Radient Garden. OMG there is so much canon for this!

2. Guys, holy crap Square Enix kept their word! Guys they are releasing a game in what? a year? two years? GUYS!!! THATS FRICKIN HUGE. its not 10 years!!!! Guys does this mean the Kingdom Hearts Series is going to get content a LOT faster now? Is Kingdom Hearts 4 right around the corner?!?!??! Guys!!! Huge news!

I'm guessing the Kairi stuff is the prologue to the actual DDD Volume 2. That game will start were Melody of Memory ends
Sorry for double post I got excited and didnt think to read comments lolol. Anyway, yeah no I forgot about DDD2, yeah this is so huge, Kairi looks like she's going to be a huge player! Furthermore on top of all that, I expect the game to be fairly short but full of lots of canon, I feel they only made the Melody part for the ability to put MoM in the title. no this game is clearly to throw out a good amount of canon needed to build up future games. Holy crap Im excited!

Does it mean something that pixar appears on the trademark?

Not really anything important. just means there will be Pixar worlds in it. which I guess can be fun news, but Pixar worlds were already becoming a thing so we could kinda guess that would happen.

Would be great but in that case they basically showed us some of the ending haha.

All I know is it'd be really weird, if this is her game, if Kairi isn't playable in the Kairi-centric game. Cause we saw no gameplay in her half of the trailer after all.

So confused right now.

Could just be cutscenes with her, but Im assuming whats gonna happen, is half the game is gonna be sora, then half of it is gonna be Kairi. What I find weird is the Sora part, Notice Donald and Goofy? Odd. I don't think the sora part really has anything to do with the story tbh. I think it will be Kairi doing the Canon with some Riku. As Sora had Donald and Goofy none of it can be much Canon meaning it will probably be Sora's memories as someone previously suggested, OR, Sora is dreaming. Either which way I think its safe to say at least a fair portion of the game will be Riku and Kairi's story. But from the trailer, it appears Kairi is taking the spot light on this one, which I think would be good for the game and Kairi as a character and I would personally be really excited about.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wonder what the opening will be like? First major KH game since KH3 and all so that's something to look forward to. Would they recap the KG war?

Foxycian

Awards
I predict every world will have 3 stages (or maybe more) the 3rd stage will be a boss fight, and maybe there is a secret stage In some worlds aka secret bosses.

PStuder12321

I wonder what the opening will be like? First major KH game since KH3 and all so that's something to look forward to. Would they recap the KG war?

KG war? Keyblade Guardian war? I think its mostly going to be focused on Kairi and her past concerning her being a princess in radiant guard and what happened before she was on the island.

Could just be a recap of KH3, seeing as how I presume this takes place after it. Maybe put some scenes when Kairi was a child.

I think there will be quite a few flash backs to her as a kid in Radiant Garden. they have kinda kept that secret and tight lipped, theres a lot of room for them to play with it and turn it into something.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So where's the obligatory Nomura interview explaining this? Surprised we haven't gotten that yet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So where's the obligatory Nomura interview explaining this? Surprised we haven't gotten that yet.

I would assume the reveal was not as planned as Nomura wants us to think it was, which means publications like Famitsu probably found out too late to get anything into their recent issues. I would anticipate something this month, though.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In addition to what they will show in the opening there is also the matter of what song they will use. Simple and Clean and Sanctuary feel outdated so I think it could be Face My Fears again. It would tie into Kairi finally confronting the man who changed her life

Michael Mario

First off: how do I quote from multiple posts at once? Can't remember if I ever learned before I went MIA for a year in the wake of the KHIII backlash.

Now then... Melody of Memories. Seems fun enough: not too bothered by what looks to be the frame story the cutscenes and (maybe) the final act being a Kairi game since the story itself - judging by the trailer - seems like it'll be setting up Kairi's character arc moving forward. Learning more about what happened before and during Apprentanort jettisoning her off into the sea of stars that Kairi seems to have repressed her memories of is a plot thread I'd almost forgotten about and am glad that Nomura didn't: that alone is good for Kairi's odds of not being tossed to the side again in the near future.

As for Mr. Black Coat... I doubt that Master of Masters's face would be revealed just yet. I'm on Team Apprentanort both because he is the incarnation of Xehanort most closely associated with her and because if they're in the Final World... Well: if Xemnas and Ansem SoD did develop their own hearts before Terra and Master Xehanort were recompleted, that's where any 'completed' version of them would go. As for the how Kairi and Riku get there, I do recall Chirthy mentioning to Sora that he's crossed over there during his Dive to the Hearts - might be through a similar method.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
First off: how do I quote from multiple posts at once? Can't remember if I ever learned before I went MIA for a year in the wake of the KHIII backlash.
Gonna quote myself from another topic:
Click the +quote button on all of the posts that you want to quote. A message will pop up saying that the post has been added to your multi-quote queue.

Oif78ui.png

When you're ready to add in all of the quotes to form your post, in the text box click on "Insert Quotes"

jEyrxdU.png

A Review Selected Messages pop up will then appear. You will then be able to review the posts you are quoting, and you can remove any quotes and rearrange the order of the quotes if you so wish.

sx2PQ8S.png

When you've finished reviewing your quotes, just click on 'Quote Messages' and the Review Selected Messages pop up will go away and your quotes will be added to your text box.

If you want to quote one post but address multiple parts of it by breaking the post up, just put space between the text that you want to quote, highlight the text, click on the three dots in the text box (next to the smile face), and click quote.

hS3ULja.png

This will put tags around that text for you.

PStuder12321

Now then... Melody of Memories. Seems fun enough: not too bothered by what looks to be the frame story the cutscenes and (maybe) the final act being a Kairi game since the story itself - judging by the trailer - seems like it'll be setting up Kairi's character arc moving forward. Learning more about what happened before and during Apprentanort jettisoning her off into the sea of stars that Kairi seems to have repressed her memories of is a plot thread I'd almost forgotten about and am glad that Nomura didn't: that alone is good for Kairi's odds of not being tossed to the side again in the near future.

As for Mr. Black Coat... I doubt that Master of Masters's face would be revealed just yet. I'm on Team Apprentanort both because he is the incarnation of Xehanort most closely associated with her and because if they're in the Final World... Well: if Xemnas and Ansem SoD did develop their own hearts before Terra and Master Xehanort were recompleted, that's where any 'completed' version of them would go. As for the how Kairi and Riku get there, I do recall Chirthy mentioning to Sora that he's crossed over there during his Dive to the Hearts - might be through a similar method.

one, I would LOVE if this is Kairi's game. She NEEDS her time to shine. people are right, she has not had a lot of time to really shine and has sat in the shadows to long. Lets go Kairi!!! Rock that world!

As for who that is yeah Apprentanort seems the most appropriate guess, However Kairi has been to the Final World before when sora saved her, so just like Sora I would imagine she can return willingly like he did, technically They all had been there when they got wiped by terranort.

Edit: Oh also, She is deep in sleep. it is VERY possible on your theory that she dived into the Final World during her slumber, but they do show that she wakes up, so that raises even more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back