• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers. dont enter fi you havent beat DLC.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Katsagu

Awards
Not sure if real thread.

The fights aren't bad, you're just not good at them...yet.

These fights are honestly all about pattern memory and reaction time. You need to keep at it to learn the fights.

Also, there's no shame in just youtubing it.

Wallflower3582

Honestly it just takes time. I had to fight Vanitas like fifty times (it was infuriating but necessary) before muscle memory started kicking in and my reflexes improved, I was just a bit out of practice. After that everything clicked and I was able to finish most of the limit cut bosses (except for Xion lol) in the first couple tries (I was on proud mode lv 99). Modifying your equipment to match each opponent really helps too. Like, if you're up against someone who deals mostly dark damage, equip accessories that protect against it, etc. (also spam Ultima and oathkeeper/oblivion if you can they really help. Getting form changes and then switching keyblades to save them till you get a good opening was pretty useful too)

Moral of the story, don't give up and keep at it. Cos when it finally clicks it feels amazing.

D

Deleted member 252753

Anyone else remember when Sephiroth in KH 1 was the hardest fight in KH history?
I do.
I remember feeling like I was awesome after beating Sephiroth on Proud mode in KH1 and KH2 vanilla. When I finally edged a victory over Yozora on my Critical file I just felt relieved lol.

I do think it's an excellent boss fight and it made me experiment with different tactics and play styles a lot.

Awards
EZ codes to replenish HP and MP. It's cheating, I know, but if you're going to give up you might as well try it. If you don't have a playthrough where EZ codes are available you could start the game again and breeze it by abusing that code that kills everything in one hit and skipping cutscenes.

I have beaten him without EZ codes just once, on standard difficulty. I had to synthesize those items that raise Sora's strenght, defense and magic until those parameters reached the maximum in order to have a chance because I'm not good at blocking and Yozora is very unforgiving. It took me several days of grinding and farming synthesis materials, so it's not an ideal option if you don't have much time to play, but you could maximize Sora's defense only so he has a better chance of surviving Yozora's attacks. That would take you just a few hours.

It's a difficult fight, but it's not unfair at all. Unless he steals your Kupo coin, that is. I'd avoid using it.
Good luck!

I'm farming the stat boosters for when I eventually begin limit cut. For me it's either critical or nothing, despite the fact I suck at every game imaginable. They are a pain in the fucking ass to farm even with party max lucky strike.

• Battle Portal 11 over and over and over again
  • Run from Port Royal Prison to just past the first town just to get 1-2 soothing and twilight crystals over and over and over again
  • Remove lucky strikes for more efficient Rags to Riches (most likely on Battle Portal 11 over and over and over again to salvage whatever you can get) for purchasable materials over and over and over again.

PStuder12321

It's certainly worth a try if you have the time to set it up!
However, just warning you: it's possible that auto-block would help out, but it is worthwhile to note that auto-block is going to be overwritten by any attack commands that you put in yourself. So if you are just constantly bashing the attack button you might find the auto block won't work as effectively (not saying it won't work at all, it just might not 100% save you).

Maybe put on auto block on a separate save file and test it out on some Heartless to see if it works for you before you sink a few hours into getting yourself all the way up to Yozora before you realize it doesn't actually help your particular situation.

In terms of attacking time...I'm not sure if this will help, but I find that Yozora actually recovers quite quickly from when you create an opening so long combos are riskier. If he visually staggers you should definitely have enough time to get a full combo in, but not much more unless you get another separate stun in. I found he recovered almost exactly mid-way through my second combo without another stagger--a bit more and a bit less depending on if I used a Shotlock gap closer initially to reach him. Maybe until you feel that you can gauge the timings a bit better it might help just to attack until you see Sora use his finisher move and then back off. You won't get as many potential hits in that way, but then you are far less likely to be stuck in the middle of a combo and unable to guard when you need to. If you are in a form change that is a lot trickier because it throws the timings off. If you stun him WITH your form change, you are probably good to keep using it but if you attack him a bit, then form change, it's far more likely for him to recover mid-combo, putting yourself at risk. I would recommend if that keeps happening to "stock" your form change and switch Keyblades until you are ready to do a combo and then switch back over to it, or just use the form change itself to stun him, do your combo, then stock it by swapping Keyblades once you get one finisher off and back away until you get another opening.

I actually realize you never said what Keyblade you are using, but I would highly recommend either using Ultima, Oblivion or Oathkeeper if you have them. I used Oathkeeper the most (due to visual preference) and found light form to be a HUGE asset.

Also, maybe you know this as well but if you ever get the prompt for Rage form it can actually be quite a good life saver if timed properly. If I get the prompt sometimes I save it for if I need to heal but I don't want to use my mp/items. Or, in some cases it can work as a panic heal if you don't have any other resources at all since entering the form gives you full hp. It also has decently good dodge mechanics and you can use the absorb heart 3 times move spam to cheat and take advantage of some invincibility frames. I wouldn't necessarily recommend hanging out in Rage form if you aren't used to using it, but if you are at 1 hp and don't want to risk timing using an item you can always rage, immediately spam the 3 heart move, limit to return to normal and you SHOULD have >1 hp left or hopefully another opening to heal.

yeah, I am redoing it all and am gonna try just using the EZ code for the blocking see if that helps the blocks and see if that pushes me over the edge to beat it. IM usually pretty close so I tihnk if I just use some of the more simpler EZ codes it should work. thanks a lot for all the advice and help everyones given :D I think I can pull it off this way :)

PStuder12321

I'm farming the stat boosters for when I eventually begin limit cut. For me it's either critical or nothing, despite the fact I suck at every game imaginable. They are a pain in the fucking ass to farm even with party max lucky strike.

• Battle Portal 11 over and over and over again
  • Run from Port Royal Prison to just past the first town just to get 1-2 soothing and twilight crystals over and over and over again
  • Remove lucky strikes for more efficient Rags to Riches (most likely on Battle Portal 11 over and over and over again to salvage whatever you can get) for purchasable materials over and over and over again.

Yeah xD grindings a pain but it helps.

I remember feeling like I was awesome after beating Sephiroth on Proud mode in KH1 and KH2 vanilla. When I finally edged a victory over Yozora on my Critical file I just felt relieved lol.

I do think it's an excellent boss fight and it made me experiment with different tactics and play styles a lot.

Yeah xD I don't mind the super hard version, but im not the bestest at games so a easier version would be preferred. BUT with EZ codes I guess that is a easier version so xD Ask and you shall receive right?

Back