• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Madison Davenport (Nameless Star) recently recorded voice over for an unspecified project

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperNova

Awards
Well..considering most of the community is convinced that Sora is gonna end up participating in the Reapers Game..I wouldn't be surprised either. But I don't really count every little plot detail as something that Nomura put there on purpose just for complexity.

GreyouTT

Awards
Yeah. Its a recent theory that's been spreading on the Twitter community. Basically someone compared Sora's regular KH3 model to his model from the Secret Episode where he encounters Yozora. TDLR: The change in graphics makes Sora look paler and greyer so people are chalking it up to him being a walking talking corpse.

I just figured it was because he always changes slightly to fit a world's artstyle. Like Port Royal in 2 dims the UI and adds a bit of grit to the portraits.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wouldn't discount it. While they're rumours (and I'm not sure how truthful they are since I'm not in any Nintendo fandom) Nintendo Tweeters have teased KH MoM + more news at this Nintendo Direct.

If not this one then hopefully there'll be something at Xbox's event later this week.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
TWEWY port was announced in a direct, it's not that far-fetched to see MoM in one.

EDIT: Another point to consider is that Nintendo has more to gain from promoting the game than Sony/MS as those guys are focused on next-gen which MoM isn't.

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
The corpse theory might be one of the more sillier things I've read. Especially when so many people talk about the LiNeS on Sora's hands. It's one thing to theorise but it's quite another to treat it as fact which is something twitter is really wont to do.

It can be easily debunked by putting your phone down, and putting your hand up to your face, either left or right, and LOOKING at it. That should really answer the lines question for people

Cumguardian69

Awards
Lol told you guys not to get excited. At least SMTV was reconfirmed after so long!

Anyway, KH is a Sony primary series at this point, I think you should wait for Sony.

Awards
[/QUOTE]
Lol told you guys not to get excited. At least SMTV was reconfirmed after so long!

Anyway, KH is a Sony primary series at this point, I think you should wait for Sony.
You didn't say that at all. You said that SE loves to play "counterculture" and that you doubted that MoM would show up.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was so happy about SMTV and SMT3HD that I forgot for a second that those "Nintendo insiders" said we were getting MoM news lol

As for "Sora is a corpse" theory, I mean...Nomura's fascination over death as a primary theme in the games he conceptualizes is pretty apparent. Is Sora's color palette in Shibuya meant to evoke the sense of a dead person? Perhaps. Will Nomura ever outright say it? Probably not.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Lmao pretty much. It’s weird to say but outside of SE just dropping it without fanfare or coverage, Xbox is my last hope for this month.
Isn't the Xbox event about next gen/Series X stuff?

My money's on an unannounced trailer drop or even just a tweet about a Collector's Edition sometime next week.
I'm not sure MoM is going to have the kind of marketing push/priority that a regular KH game would get.

Flinkon15th

...I was skeptical until I saw the fingernails.

But I wouldn't be surprised if this was easily debunked.

I think that because of how crazy KH as a story can be, where connections are drawn places that people hardly suspected and where one line can dictate a whole character's backstory, this leads people on to speculate so much with so many different theories. Like the Corpse Theory could easily just be a different art direction or a change in graphics lighting on one end of the spectrum, but could just as easily be signifying that Sora is now beyond the grave on the other end. Personally I like the theory, but who knows what's going on in Nomura's head and what is important and what is just video game industry technicalities

SuperNova

Awards
I remain skeptical of the more otherworldly theories including the Corpse Theory, but this series has always been a wild ride. The phase the fandom is going through now really reminds me of the theory phase it went through back in 2005 before KH2 released. Its a cycle.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Plot twist: She recorded for a Verum Rex announcement trailer

Big brain thinking. The gaming community would explode if this happened. Or if a Versus XIII trailer happened.

Delayed to January*

Remember 0.2 was announced for 2017 then delayed to january, same with KH3 announced for 2017 then pushed to january hahaha

For the best. People joke about delays, but 0.2 Beta Terra was... Yikes.

I still maintain that had the engine change not occurred, we would've gotten KH3 in early-mid 2018. I'm glad it came out in the time that it did though.

That must makes me realize something.

Haven't the characters been doing just that?

Explaining things in such a matter-of-fact way that it should be impossible to be confused?

Honestly, this is why the "KH is convoluted" meme has more than overstayed its welcome. Literally everything complicated to understand at first has been explained in-universe by the characters themselves, in a plain-as-day fashion. Young Xehanort might be cryptic most of the time, but even he reveals things when it comes time to it.

The story just has a lot to remember, and while it' not told in the most masterful way, it's nowhere near the dumpster fire people make it out to be.

Then again, people just like to complain about why they don't like things instead of moving on, so... Idunno. The KH story has always been easy to understand, it's the mysteries that cause the confusion more than anything, because most of the time we're going off a lack of information to base theories on. And most of that information may come in a a game where said mysteries get solved anyway.

...I was skeptical until I saw the fingernails.

But I wouldn't be surprised if this was easily debunked.

It's a cool theory, but I don't know if that's what Nomura's going for. It's a pretty morbid idea if so, and definitely darker than usual. On one hand, it can easily be explained by Sora coming into Yozora's world and therefore, his appearance changes with it. But on the other hand, why even make the change in the secret ending? That model is even on the ReMind DLC art, so you have to wonder why. You'd think there's more significance to it because of how in-your-face it is. And, Sora also wakes up in the Final World with his appearance already looking more realistic. They could've easily kept everything in the same design as before and called it a day, but they made it a point to change him.

Does that mean Sora's a zombie kid now? Not necessarily, but if the guy is actually dead and has to play the Reaper's Game with Yozora or something, then it's just even more detail to an already really cool but also very morbid idea.

Awards
Honestly, this is why the "KH is convoluted" meme has more than overstayed its welcome. Literally everything complicated to understand at first has been explained in-universe by the characters themselves, in a plain-as-day fashion. Young Xehanort might be cryptic most of the time, but even he reveals things when it comes time to it.

The story just has a lot to remember, and while it' not told in the most masterful way, it's nowhere near the dumpster fire people make it out to be.

Then again, people just like to complain about why they don't like things instead of moving on, so... Idunno. The KH story has always been easy to understand, it's the mysteries that cause the confusion more than anything, because most of the time we're going off a lack of information to base theories on. And most of that information may come in a a game where said mysteries get solved anyway.
Exactly!!! KH's reputation as a nearly impossible to understand story is literally just internet hearsay blown way out of proportion.

Like, because of it people literally expect to be horrifically confused from the first game alone!

And don't even get me started on the ones who exaggerate how many games there are.

Last edited:

SuperNova

Awards
Honestly, I think the reason they changed Sora's model was to show the change in tone for Yozora's world and the new direction KH is heading. He looks like he stepped out of a final fantasy game with his newer realistic model so it makes sense that Nomura would update Sora's character model to match Yozora's for their encounter.

Does that mean I discredit the theory that Sora is undead/dead? Not necessarily, for all we know even if Riku and Kairi find him in MoM they still have no way to get him out of the FW which still leaves the Reapers Game as an option.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Honestly, I think the reason they changed Sora's model was to show the change in tone for Yozora's world and the new direction KH is heading. He looks like he stepped out of a final fantasy game with his newer realistic model so it makes sense that Nomura would update Sora's character model to match Yozora's for their encounter.
If they wanted to do that, why not you know give us a taste of Yozora's world and how it functions? Does DEATH-death happen, or are we talking more KH-death? What are the common enemy types? Give Yozora some character and some backstory too, even if just an hour. Give us some actual characters and characterization.

I know Disney pretty much didn't let the ENG crew say "death, die, dead" and instead they had to use "body perish, expire, disappear," and other similar words. But even so...we DO NOT KNOW if Sora is stuck in limbo along with Yozora, we do not know if he is DEAD-dead but gets to fight a powerful enemy as a ticket back to TFW, we just don't know because Nomura wants to be le cryptic with the sequelbaiting instead of commit to some decent storytelling. And that's why the novel corpse theory can be touted by fans.

Back