• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 252753

Is that why they let the trailers show every character in KH3...minus Namine? Given the spoiler culture, what if they showed every story bit in MoM already? Though I'll laugh if the rhythm gameplay completely overshadows anything Kairi does in the game.
Looking at the trailer, I'm a bit more optimistic than you about story bits we haven't seen. From the world map we see there are cutscenes linked to Traverse Town and Destiny Islands. Maybe there could be some scenes linked to other original world's too and I am pretty curious to see what will happen in these cutscenes.

the red monster

Awards
I don't see KHMOM being part of the absolute state of play trailer, simply because it's a low budget under-most-peoples-radar type of game.
Nah not really.
a lot of indie games show up in this kind of events, and KH does have some brand power beyond it.
so that's definitely won't be the reason if it doesn't show up, imo.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
why do we keep doing this to ourselves

Cumguardian69

Awards
Told you guys it wouldn't be on the absolute state. New Sony doesn't like these types of games. MoM is from what we know a quick cashgrab to reimplement content that was stymied or otherwise cut from Remind (which was cut from 3). Don't expect news except from TGS, and even then..coronavirus..

SuperNova

Awards
Honestly my expectations were low to begin with. TGS was the most logical step for any major KH news. If anything I at least hope that Square says something about the game being delayed instead of waiting until the last day of the year.

the red monster

Awards
gamescom doesn't usually have KH news, so safest bet is TGS.
at this point they're probably aiming for novemeber release because the holidays money.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
im leaning toward it coming out as the same mouth as the ost

I mean, it makes sense... Musical game coming out at the same time as the soundtrack? That's a really smart business move. Plus it's the holidays, so easy money.

I think it's because Melody of Memory most likely doesn't have that much content towards it in terms of story, so they're not wanting to do what they've done in previous history and unveil too much. TGS most likely will have the second and final trailer, along with a release date.

If we got a trailer today, we possibly could've gotten a September-October release. But as it stands, it's most likely a November-December kind of thing.

Another thing that's on my mind though, am I the only one that's wondering if this'll be a Digital-only release? Since from what we've seen, it's a bit of a minor deal, I'm wondering if they'll still make physical copies for Melody of Memory. If memory serves, they had to make Back Cover and added 0.2 together with DDD's PS4 remaster in order to justify shipping out DDD on PS4. I'm curious if that's the same deal here.

This is the most unothodox KH game we've gotten yet, and it's been nothing like the previous marketing campaigns for previous titles, so I wonder what Square's plans for this are.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
One thing to keep in mind is how late many companies are waiting to announce anything in the current climate. Paper Mario: The Origami King was announced roughly a month or two before it was released. We're only here soon getting any official news on the new Call of Duty game for this year, and usually that is talked about much earlier in the year as far as I remember. I think the game coming out this holiday season that a studio has talked the most about that I can think of is the new Assassin's Creed, or Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. Just food for thought when it comes to news.

Heck, Nintendo almost definitely has something coming this holiday season but they haven't shown much of anything in months. I'm thinking that the Coronovirus issue is making it tough to specifically devote time and effort into advertising for much of anything. Either that or a bunch of game companies all decided to suddenly shift on release information hype trains into a more "it comes out soon, bye" type of thing.

D

Deleted member 252753

One thing to keep in mind is how late many companies are waiting to announce anything in the current climate. Paper Mario: The Origami King was announced roughly a month or two before it was released. We're only here soon getting any official news on the new Call of Duty game for this year, and usually that is talked about much earlier in the year as far as I remember. I think the game coming out this holiday season that a studio has talked the most about that I can think of is the new Assassin's Creed, or Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. Just food for thought when it comes to news.

Heck, Nintendo almost definitely has something coming this holiday season but they haven't shown much of anything in months. I'm thinking that the Coronovirus issue is making it tough to specifically devote time and effort into advertising for much of anything. Either that or a bunch of game companies all decided to suddenly shift on release information hype trains into a more "it comes out soon, bye" type of thing.
That makes sense and it's really not certain that things won't get worse again with Covid-19 so maybe not announcing a release date until it's basically ready to go is wise.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
For now I'm more interested in knowing what Melody of Memory as whole is than the release date. I expect it to be delayed anyway.

We have a rhythm game reusing KH1/KH2 assets and then there's Kairi's cutscenes with KH3 assets. Are those cutscenes part of the same game? Is it a different game with BBS 0.2 length bundled together? A movie?

Clarification about that would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back