• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Rumour: A World Based on Frozen 2 Reportedly Considered for Kingdom Hearts 4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Emre Kaya, one of the individuals who broke the news about a potential Kingdom Hearts Disney+ TV show being in development, has revealed that sources close to the game told them that a world based on the worldwide phenomenon Frozen 2 was being considered for the next big Kingdom Hearts game.

Pre-production on what will most likely be Kingdom Hearts 4 also allegedly began in November 2019, several months after the release of Kingdom Hearts III but a couple of months before Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind. This is when Frozen 2 was reportedly being considered as a world for the game.

As one of Disney's most successful IPs, a world based on Frozen 2 would naturally be a lock for the next big Kingdom Hearts game. Whether or not Disney will be as restrictive with what story Square Enix can tell with the world remains to be seen.

Like all rumours, take this information with a grain of salt. Plans and details can change and worlds are not a guarantee until confirmed by Square Enix and Disney.

Source: Emre Kaya (Tweet from May)

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Bloodblade777

Arendelle in kh3 was so bad... I hope if it is the movie team give them more creative freedom

Chie

Awards
Considering that there's supposed to be at least another unannounced game before KH4 and that Disney+ thing hasn't panned out yet, I'm just ignoring this. I doubt that a game called "KH4" is in any sort of development beyond in Nomura's mind.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Considering that there's supposed to be at least another unannounced game before KH4 and that Disney+ thing hasn't panned out yet, I'm just ignoring this. I doubt that a game called "KH4" is in any sort of development beyond in Nomura's mind.
Ignoring it is probably the healthiest thing to do lol (alas, being. news website.....)

But the team at Osaka haven't been sitting on their hands doing nothing. Remember that KH3 was in pre-production in 2012 when they were doing tests on the Unreal Engine 3.

Also Frozen 2 has the better music. I said what I said!

welken

Awards
At least it will be a pretty forest. And I love that little salamander. Though I don't know what makes anyone (who's familiar with the series) think we're going into KH4 before Sora & Riku at the Reaper Games Tokyo 2022.

AegisXIII

Awards
I highly doubt it. I think they should move away from movies and create custom disney worlds like disney castle, where more freedom would be possible.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I‘m not surprised, but still excited! I genuinely enjoyed Frozen 2 and I imagine they cay do waaaay more with it. I think this could be so action packed and I HOPE they‘ll have Show Yourself in it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Regardless if this is true or not, I think Frozen 2 is almost a 100% shoo-in for a big Kingdom Hearts game. Arendelle being unpopular among the KH fanbase doesn't mean much. They still used Pirates in KH3, even though many didn't like the world in KH2.

I want to say I hope they aren't as restrictive with this one, but this is Frozen.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I, for one, would be SHOCKED that Nomura would think to include a Disney world that is the home to two of the new seven hearts. /s

But seriously, and shilling for Disney + here, if you love behind the scenes then definitely check out the Frozen 2 BTS series. It's the best look you can get at the making of a modern Disney film, from getting to know those in the animation and rigging department, to the song writers, voice and music recording, being put into the writers room, and seeing the gigantic tub of advil on Jennifer Lee's desk.

It's insane and spectacular. I wasn't too big on Frozen 2 but this doco made me see it in a whole new light. And if you had issues with the plot, this series will tell you exactly why because they actually didn't come up with the crux of Elsa's motivation until a couple of months before release, so the story was effectively stitched together at the last moment.

The trailer puts the usual Disney fairy tale gloss over it, but it's an intensen and insane look at how the people at Disney put together a movie essentially in under a year.

And add me to the list of people who don't have hope that a Frozen 2 world would actually be used to its full potential.

NoWay

Awards
I don’t want any Frozen world in KH anymore after they fu***d it up in KH3. It’s literally the worst world ever in my opinion.

Awards
I hated the Frozen World, which is funny because ice themed levels are one of my favourites.
Much prefer a Zootopia world, which somewhat fits the Kingdom Hearts setting (wanted it for KH3 but they already have a city based world being San Fransokyo)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don’t want any Frozen world in KH anymore after they fu***d it up in KH3. It’s literally the worst world ever in my opinion.

It was, but I’m hoping that after the lukewarm reception to Frozen 2 (even though it made bank), the staff over the film aren’t as hyper-protective and Disney won’t try to limit SE this time around. I’d say SE more than proved themselves capable of handling the property. It was Disney’s own limitations that made it the worst world in the game. It was where Nomura and the Osaka staff were allowed to be more liberal with the story that the world felt enjoyable.

Marshmallow, the boss fight, the comedy, even that stupid Olaf minigame that makes me cry because I love Olaf after Frozen 2...It was all different. It was literally the Frozen stuff that was bland.

I doubt the Disney staff feel as protective of Frozen 2 considering how they cobbled it together last minute. Instead of hindering SE to stick to a plot they weren’t even sure about when they made it, they should let the writing staff have free reign over it. It might end up being better than they expect.

The best worlds in KH3 were the ones that were allowed to take liberties so we just have to hope they allow it this time around. At the very least, it doesn’t have to take place DURING the film. They could make it a post-film adventure.

D

Deleted member 252753

I think a Frozen 2 world could be quite good, even with similar story restrictions for Ana and Elsa, as there is more cool stuff in Frozen 2 like the Nokk and other elemental creatures that can be incorporated, as well as a more interesting landscape than just snowy mountains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I, for one, would be SHOCKED that Nomura would think to include a Disney world that is the home to two of the new seven hearts. /s
I know it's sarcasm, but I had entirely forgotten about the New Seven Hearts plot line, LOL. We're so engrossed in everything post KH3 that I'm starting to wonder if the N7H will be used in the future or not.

Also, I'm on Chaser's sarcasm boat as well. To add even more sarcasm: I'm surprised they'll include the sequel of a commercial success.

Cumguardian69

Awards
No no no, a million times NO. Frozen is GARBAGE for KH. The creators have massive sticks up their bootyboxes, same as Disney head management. Pick literally anything else. PLEASE.

welken

Awards
Wasn't there imagery found in the files of KH3 (or ReMind?) that appeared to be elemental symbols. That would line right up with F2's elemental spirits, which were sorely underused. Elsa catching the salamander was my favorite part, and then he never got to do anything! Except be very cute. He'd be a nice summon, should Disney deign to allow such a thing as summons again.

I remember watching the opening to Frozen, and thinking, wow this could actually be an awesome fantasy movie. And then the mom starts singing that forced song and I knew something had gone deeply wrong in the story department. Did anyone else get the sense that there was supposed to be a new character (the mist witch) who was completely cut from the story?

Anyway, while it wouldn't be my pick for a KH world, I personally think you could do worse. There can never be enough forests, and it has a lovely autumnal one. And I personally don't think Arendelle even came close to approaching how terrible San Fransokyo was.

edit: Oh, I do hate the New Seven Princesses thing, though. How could I forget.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Even if it's just a rumor Arendelle will definitely return at some point.

Are Elsa and Anna even going to remember SDG? They barely even acknowledged them in KH3, lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Even if it's just a rumor Arendelle will definitely return at some point.

Are Elsa and Anna even going to remember SDG? They barely even acknowledged them in KH3, lol

Riku arrives in Arendelle “hello, I’m looking for my friend Sora. Have you seen him?”

Elsa:

Anna:

Kristoff:

Olaf:

Sven:

Marshmallow: SORA

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Riku arrives in Arendelle “hello, I’m looking for my friend Sora. Have you seen him?”

Elsa:

Anna:

Kristoff:

Olaf:

Sven:

Marshmallow: SORA
I don't even think Marshmallow was in Frozen 2, was he? Regardless he'll be the perfect party member for a Frozen 2 world because any plot with him will take the heroes out of the Frozen 2 story, perfect to retell Frozen 2's story without Sora and crew.

Back