• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix to hold KH Melody of Memory TGS 2020 Special Show

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Get a Titan Two or a cronusmax and you'll be in heaven. Setup is extremely simple

Looking forward to the event at the end of this week. Here's hoping we'll get some more interviews, screenshots, and song confirmations there.

AegisXIII

Awards
What are our chances to get some info of their strategy for next gen?

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
What are our chances to get some info of their strategy for next gen?

A bone toss, maybe. But anything more wouldn't be shared until June next year most likely. If they're ready to share what they're working on by then, that is. We'd also most likely hear about the Disney Plus show this weekend if that's a real thing too.

AegisXIII

Awards
A bone toss, maybe. But anything more wouldn't be shared until June next year most likely. If they're ready to share what they're working on by then, that is. We'd also most likely hear about the Disney Plus show this weekend if that's a real thing too.
I would be happy with a cryptic message like:
"we are currently looking at our options to make sure everyone can play the serie"

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I would be happy with a cryptic message like:
"we are currently looking at our options to make sure everyone can play the serie"

If you're referring to a Switch port of the KH series... I mean if Square changed their minds that quickly, that'd be cool I guess, but I still maintain that the reason why KH won't be ported on the Switch is due to KH 0.2 and KH3 apparently being too difficult to run on the hardware. If they're only gonna port the most of the games and not every game, and then people have to buy a PlayStation just to get the full experience in the end anyway, it's pretty redundant and a waste of time and resources that could be focused on a newer project.

KH veterans might buy the collection on the Switch, but how many of them actually will? And most importantly, is that number enough to justify them allocating a budget towards it? Cause remember, KH3 and 2.8 wouldn't be on it, which is a big factor. In the end, it's a business and the last thing businesses ever want to do is to take action with little to no return. Even some remasters of old games from other series (like Xenosaga) and additional seasons for certain anime (Rokka, Asterisk War, Nisekoi, list goes on...) don't get green-lit because of insufficient numbers and low demand. It sucks, but losses are no joke.

Melody of Memory is like a recap game with new story bits apparently, so it's a different case, but I think the series going to the Switch is a no-go. If the Switch Pro rumor is real though, then maybe, but I'm not jumping on that wagon.

But if you mean something like a remake of KHUX or something... This I would be sold on. Whether they would do it or not, I'm not sure, but I feel like the story has to receive the HD treatment eventually.

AegisXIII

Awards
If you're referring to a Switch port of the KH series... I mean if Square changed their minds that quickly, that'd be cool I guess, but I still maintain that the reason why KH won't be ported on the Switch is due to KH 0.2 and KH3 apparently being too difficult to run on the hardware. If they're only gonna port the most of the games and not every game, and then people have to buy a PlayStation just to get the full experience in the end anyway, it's pretty redundant and a waste of time and resources that could be focused on a newer project.

KH veterans might buy the collection on the Switch, but how many of them actually will? And most importantly, is that number enough to justify them allocating a budget towards it? Cause remember, KH3 and 2.8 wouldn't be on it, which is a big factor. In the end, it's a business and the last thing businesses ever want to do is to take action with little to no return. Even some remasters of old games from other series (like Xenosaga) and additional seasons for certain anime (Rokka, Asterisk War, Nisekoi, list goes on...) don't get green-lit because of insufficient numbers and low demand. It sucks, but losses are no joke.

Melody of Memory is like a recap game with new story bits apparently, so it's a different case, but I think the series going to the Switch is a no-go. If the Switch Pro rumor is real though, then maybe, but I'm not jumping on that wagon.

But if you mean something like a remake of KHUX or something... This I would be sold on. Whether they would do it or not, I'm not sure, but I feel like the story has to receive the HD treatment eventually.
Honestly. I am more interested in a next-gen port without loading times and potential PC release. I can easily see a kh3.5 with Mom included.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don’t think we will be hearing about MoM or any other KH game as being on next gen consoles outside of that it’s just works as a backwards compatible game (if it even gets brought up)

AegisXIII

Awards
I don’t think we will be hearing about MoM or any other KH game as being on next gen consoles outside of that it’s just works as a backwards compatible game (if it even gets brought up)
No of course they would never announce it while promoting MoM. That would make no sense on the marketing side. I just wish to get a small hint that would allow me to speculate. That's what this serie is about: speculations. 😂

Bloodblade777-2

Could there be something special about the credits? Nomura said that yoko composed two new songs for MoM, the new Dearly Beloved and the "credits song". But isn't that a bit strange? Usually the credits theme is simple and clean or the games' Utada Hikaru song. Could there be a secret to it?

Could there be something special about the credits? Nomura said that yoko composed two new songs for MoM, the new Dearly Beloved and the "credits song". But isn't that a bit strange? Usually the credits theme is simple and clean or the games' Utada Hikaru song. Could there be a secret to it?
KH1 had "March Caprice for Piano and Orchestra", KH2 had "Fantastia alla marcia", BBS had "Birth by Sleep -A Link to the Future-" during the final episode's credits, and DDD had "Dream Drop Distance -The Next Awakening-" during the credits dive, so I'm assuming she/they wanted her to do another medley here.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
KH1 had "March Caprice for Piano and Orchestra", KH2 had "Fantastia alla marcia", BBS had "Birth by Sleep -A Link to the Future-" during the final episode's credits, and DDD had "Dream Drop Distance -The Next Awakening-" during the credits dive, so I'm assuming she/they wanted her to do another medley here.

I'm pretty sure that's what they mean. Since the only other new track is Dearly Beloved, I wonder what this new piece would sound like. Maybe it'll be a medley of all the popular songs or the most story-important ones in Melody of Memory. The Staff Credit compositions are always fire, so I really think Yoko's gonna knock it outta the park again, as per usual.

mriku90

Awards
Did anything happen, I thought it was supposed to be around now?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Does anyone know when it is in oceanic time?
Is it currently, at the time of this post, 9:51pm? If so then it’ll be happening tomorrow at 9:15pm.

If you’re ever unsure you can google 8:15pm JST and it’ll show you what time that would be in your local time zone. Or set up a clock on your phone for Japan.

AegisXIII

Awards
Is it currently, at the time of this post, 9:51pm? If so then it’ll be happening tomorrow at 9:15pm.

If you’re ever unsure you can google 8:15pm JST and it’ll show you what time that would be in your local time zone. Or set up a clock on your phone for Japan.
Are you sure. I thought it was today (in one hour actually):

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back