• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Interesting things in the manga and novels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Swing

Awards
I find it very interesting, that the characters (at least in the beginning) really had big feet and do not only wear big shoes.
2ec0d4a4e91200ece1e900a76dd514ff.jpg

KudoTsurugi

Awards
One thing I found neat in the early manga, when Sora had the Keyblade, he had a strap(I think?) at the back of his jacket for when he wasn't using it. Sure he could summon it at will in the games, but I found it cooler that he had it with him a lot of the time until KH2.

image.png

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
So this slow dyslexic reader finally managed to finish KH2, later than I hoped, but hey i enjoyed it.

Full disclosure KH2 is probably one of my least favorite game in the series, at least storywise and I feel confident in saying I prefer both the Novel and the Manga to the game. I enjoyed reading the novel quite a bit, it really added a lot and recontextualized a lot of scenes.

Knowing that Kanemaki was probably already involved in writing Days with Nomura in the later half of the book, did make me question a few things as I read. In some places I felt they might have planted seeds for it only for something later to derail that assumption.

Like @SweetYetSalty mentioned I quite like the way they fleshed out Namine as a character in this book. It's kind of funny how the game barely had her in it yet the novel decided to basically make her, Riku and Axel a group of deuteragonists. Which really enriches the Story, seeing Sora's part (even in the original game) seem directionless.

Overall I like how the story was changed and streamlined, but I do wonder what the lack of Olympus here will mean for the KH3 novel.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
They've been covered in both Coded and KH3's novels. They even covered Ursula showing up in 3D's novel despite Atlantica not appearing in previous novels.

disney233

Awards
They've been covered in both Coded and KH3's novels. They even covered Ursula showing up in 3D's novel despite Atlantica not appearing in previous novels.
If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure Atlantica's covered in the manga.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The manga is not meant to be taken seriously, lol.

It was always more on the comedic side like i.e. with the Riku Replica surviving CoM and being "stalked" by many replicas of Vexen or one Vexen replica killing Xaldin after his loss to Sora in KH II.

It's one of several reasons why the manga isn't considered canon or part of the same universe as the games.

disney233

Awards
The manga is not meant to be taken seriously, lol.

It was always more on the comedic side like i.e. with the Riku Replica surviving CoM and being "stalked" by many replicas of Vexen or one Vexen replica killing Xaldin after his loss to Sora in KH II.

It's one of several reasons why the manga isn't considered canon or part of the same universe as the games.
AND. I. LIVE. FOR. EVERY BIT OF IT! Look, I don't know about you guys, but I love how expressive just about everyone in the manga is. They all have personality that is either VERY bland or just not there at all in the game. That's what makes the comedy in the manga admiring.

tumblr_inline_nfuh3nf35y1si7ljs.png
Hello um, OLETTE THINKING OF BLUDGEONING AXEL WITH A BAT EMBEDDED WITH NAILS TO SAVE KAIRI WAS SOMETHING I DIDN'T THINK THIS MANGA HAD.

Last edited:
Back