• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Lion King (2019) - Run, Simba, run

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would have loved a Lion King prequel about cub Scar and Mufasa. But only if it was animated or a tv series, lol

Same. I think there is a lot of potential to see how they might have been always at odds but close until they grew up. But animated, not realistic CG. I agree on that lol

Hell, a visual album based on the idea of it by Beyonce would be vastly more interesting than a CG "live action" film.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm fine with a sequel. Maybe Donald Glover and Beyonce will get more duets that way.

Yeah, the Moonlight director is a great catch for something like this. I don't have Disney+, so I haven't seen Black Is King--has anyone else seen that to say if it's good or not? Apparently it's supposed to be like a human version of TLK's story?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm fine with a sequel. Maybe Donald Glover and Beyonce will get more duets that way.

Yeah, the Moonlight director is a great catch for something like this. I don't have Disney+, so I haven't seen Black Is King--has anyone else seen that to say if it's good or not? Apparently it's supposed to be like a human version of TLK's story?

Black Is King is a human version of TLK to a degree, yes. It has a mixed narrative, going between Simba's journey and the looser conceptual celebration of African culture and black excellence.

It's a bit slow but visually beautiful. If you've liked Beyonce's other visual albums, this one is just as enjoyable.

Soldier

Awards
I may not have seen this movie, but something tells me that my biology-focused mindset wouldn't like it. In the animal kingdom, few creatures are capable of visually expressing emotions bar us and some members of the canine and feline families. In animation, you can get away with it, it can be as exaggerated as you want it to be and no one would care. But to make a realistic looking lion look like he's depressed or excited is just entering an uncanny valley of no escape.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I may not have seen this movie, but something tells me that my biology-focused mindset wouldn't like it. In the animal kingdom, few creatures are capable of visually expressing emotions bar us and some members of the canine and feline families. In animation, you can get away with it, it can be as exaggerated as you want it to be and no one would care. But to make a realistic looking lion look like he's depressed or excited is just entering an uncanny valley of no escape.
This is why Disney took the route they did. I you watch the movie you’ll see that they decided to go hyper-realistic which looks amazing. The only problem is that the animals lack visual emotions. That is the biggest complaint most seem to have with the remake. Personally I prefer they did this over going hyper-realistic and trying to make the animals look over expressive. The only other way i see a CGI version working is by taking a stylized approach like Madagascar. All in all the film was good but i think they missed a lot of opportunities to be great like the original.

Back