• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If they remade Com and DDD, then why couldn't they remade 358/2 days and coded

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Somnus cealum

Awards
I know they had to remake chain of memories cus its the bridge title for kh1 and kh2 and ddd is really important to the dark seeker saga. but i say 358 is important too, it should had a remake. coded i dont really mind getting a remake cus the story is not overall important. but 358 is cus of xion and the plans of org 13.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
358/2 Days didn't have to be created in the first place, as it doesn't and never changes the result in KHII. It's just an extra event concerning Roxas that's more to do with his character background than the overarching plot of the saga. It's self contained and wasn't necessary. It would have likely never been made if it wasn't for Roxas' and Organization XIII's popularity actually. And everything would have been fine regardless.

Coded wasn't needed either for that matter.

It makes sense they were both ported as movies if you ask me.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The Nintendo DS system was different. BBS and DDD used a similar style of the PS2 making them much easier to remake in that engine. Days and Coded used a different system and it would have taken a long time to remaster and remake them for PS2 worthy quality, which is why they just did the movie versions, even though Days movie sucks and leaves out many of the great stuff from the DS title. Many Youtube fans have tried to remake Days with emulators and such, Everglow did that really cool Data Greeting one. Coded sadly doesn't get any love at all...poor game. Gameplay wise looks better then COM.

AegisXIII

Awards
I think they should but I fear they won't. They thought about it for 1.5. But then, they decided not, to speed up 3 development. Now 3 is done. Maybe there is a chance. Also I would understand that some people might want to move forward with the story.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I think they should but I fear they won't. They thought about it for 1.5. But then, they decided not, to speed up 3 development. Now 3 is done. Maybe there is a chance. Also I would understand that some people might want to move forward with the story.
I doubt we'll get that. The best thing to hope for is a new Roxas/Twilight gang game. Maybe they'll have references? Let gamers scream in horror as Leechgrave and Ruler of the Skies return, just to be mean.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know in the other thread, I mentioned how it would be nice but their time is better spent on moving forward rather than revisiting the past of the series. I wanted to expand on this a bit.

Now, if a remake for Days was in consideration, they have to decide over a few things:

1) Old style or new style? Whenever people discuss a Days remake across the internet, this creates a lot of split views.

On one hand, they could totally use the old style and development probably won't take forever. They would have nearly all of the cutscenes animated and voiced. Most of their time could be spent on developing the gameplay system and deciding how to implement MP. It would be cheap and quick beyond the MP elements which would probably be the more costly aspect if they decide to do it.

On the other, now that we are in a post-old style age, why should they keep reusing the old graphics? This is their opportunity to create something beautiful. They can reuse some KH3 assets and create new ones that can be used in future games depending on what properties they wish to revisit. The thing is, it would be costly and take up a lot of time to develop.

2) Is it worth spending money on a Days remake? Regardless of which option was chosen, is it worth spending all of that money to make this happen?

3) What value is there in revisiting Days? What sort of importance does it hold for the future of the series?

Somnus cealum

Awards
I know in the other thread, I mentioned how it would be nice but their time is better spent on moving forward rather than revisiting the past of the series. I wanted to expand on this a bit.

Now, if a remake for Days was in consideration, they have to decide over a few things:

1) Old style or new style? Whenever people discuss a Days remake across the internet, this creates a lot of split views.

On one hand, they could totally use the old style and development probably won't take forever. They would have nearly all of the cutscenes animated and voiced. Most of their time could be spent on developing the gameplay system and deciding how to implement MP. It would be cheap and quick beyond the MP elements which would probably be the more costly aspect if they decide to do it.

On the other, now that we are in a post-old style age, why should they keep reusing the old graphics? This is their opportunity to create something beautiful. They can reuse some KH3 assets and create new ones that can be used in future games depending on what properties they wish to revisit. The thing is, it would be costly and take up a lot of time to develop.

2) Is it worth spending money on a Days remake? Regardless of which option was chosen, is it worth spending all of that money to make this happen?

3) What value is there in revisiting Days? What sort of importance does it hold for the future of the series?
well if they reuse the kh3 assest then it wouldnt take as long. it is important to know what the org wanted to do and they only game that explains more about roxas and who is xion. and i say it would be just 40 dollars tbh. and they could reuse kh1 sora model in kh3 and make attack moves and play as the other characters that would be cool. and alot of things like magic wouldnt be limited.

Technically Coded was already remade.
they reused the assets from the phone witch wasent playable in usa i think.

358/2 Days didn't have to be created in the first place, as it doesn't and never changes the result in KHII. It's just an extra event concerning Roxas that's more to do with his character background than the overarching plot of the saga. It's self contained and wasn't necessary. It would have likely never been made if it wasn't for Roxas' and Organization XIII's popularity actually. And everything would have been fine regardless.

Coded wasn't needed either for that matter.

It makes sense they were both ported as movies if you ask me.
what about xion????

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
well if they reuse the kh3 assest then it wouldnt take as long. it is important to know what the org wanted to do and they only game that explains more about roxas and who is xion. and i say it would be just 40 dollars tbh. and they could reuse kh1 sora model in kh3 and make attack moves and play as the other characters that would be cool. and alot of things like magic wouldnt be limited.

They can't reuse assets from KH3. They would have to build a ton of maps from scratch because those worlds weren't in KH3. Sure, the gameplay system and character models would already exist, but everything else would be like making a brand new game.

They wouldn't charge $40 for what would essentially be a ground-up remake using high quality models and animations that'd cost them as much as making KH3 (if not more so because Disney wouldn't give SE a huge budget for something like this if it isn't a numbered game, so the rest of the money would come directly out of SE's pockets).

Somnus cealum

Awards
They can't reuse assets from KH3. They would have to build a ton of maps from scratch because those worlds weren't in KH3. Sure, the gameplay system and character models would already exist, but everything else would be like making a brand new game.

They wouldn't charge $40 for what would essentially be a ground-up remake using high quality models and animations that'd cost them as much as making KH3 (if not more so because Disney wouldn't give SE a huge budget for something like this if it isn't a numbered game, so the rest of the money would come directly out of SE's pockets).
twilight town....

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
then i guess the luminous engine(from ps2) could work

Luminous Engine is what FFXV runs on lol

The old style engine is some custom engine they never provided the name of. Unity is also an engine the old style can be developed in.

But yeah, those were just some hypotheticals I threw out there. It isn't going to happen, at least not right now.

the red monster

Awards
DDD was on the 3ds so it was a bit easier to remake than a ds game. and also a way to justify selling 0.2 for 60$.
For days, i think maybe because it would've been too much work, if i remember correctly you can play as the organization members right ? having to make them playable on HD is probably rough and not worth the trouble.

AegisXIII

Awards

1. Why should they use the old graphics? Because it would be weird to play 1,com,2 with the old, then days with the new and then switch back to poor Ugly BBS ans DDD. 😆 Scenes are already there and look good. What is missing is the gameplay that would need a bit of polishing.
2. Worth spending money? Short term no. Long term? Maybe. We must always think of newcomers, especially when the serie is so convoluted. Being convoluted is a good thing. But the storytelling needs to be crystal clear. Otherwise people choose a new serie to get into. Not to mention that we would all buy it. 😂
3. What sort of importance for the future of the serie? None. But that's not the goal of a remake. I prefer a serie that goes slow but is well crafted rather than a mess to catch up. Which is why I have so many issues with KHUx.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

1) I actually am not picking and would be perfectly fine with a Days Remake in the old style. As I said in Melody of Memory threads, I love the old style and I still think it holds up. The only thing I would change is any and all "fishface" scenes. Make sure the cutscenes are expressive. But I wouldn't mind old style for a Days Remake, personally.

2) Well new fans getting into the franchise cannot play Days or ReCoded unless they have like a DS, right? You can't play it in the collection. My sister in was disappointed she couldn't play Days on the PS4 during the launch wait for KH3, as she despises handhelds. Is it worth the money? Probably not in the grans scheme of things. It would mainly just be for rabid bias fans like me, lol.

3) For the series going forward? Nothing at all unless they want to add in Subject X, sigils, and teases of Luxu/Xigbar, Luxord, Marluxia, Larxene, and Demyx identities? These things didn't exist during the original Days game, but a remake could push them in.

Back