• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

the kh3 chess pieces names. (i cracked the code)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Somnus cealum

Awards
i know some people is confused by some of the chess pieces in kh3 like who were they representing. i can tell you the names

I.sora II.riku III.kairi IV.mickey V.terra VI.aqua VII.ventus

zakws9sihly21 (1).jpg

I.xehanort II.ansem III.xemnas IV.xigbar V.saix VI.young xehanort VII.marluxia VIII.vanitas IX.larxene X.demyx XI.vexan XII.luxord XIII.riku replica

zakws9sihly21.jpg

Last edited:

DanChaos1

Awards
Website
bit.ly
It makes sense that the last piece is Riku Replica because his identity was based off of Riku when he was being influence by darkness, namely Maleficent, with the design of the piece being reminiscent of Maleficent's dragon features. "X" could also be a seashell, which is what Xion left behind when she disappeared, and "XI" bears more resemblance to the guard of Master Xehanort's Keyblade (which Terra-Xehanort wields) than it does Vexen's shield.

tenor.gifThalassaShell.pngNo_Name_Forms.png

It's obvious Nomura wanted to keep the identity of some of the Seekers of Darkness a secret from eagle-eyed fans deciphering the opening cinematic and subsequent chess scenes between Eraqus and Xehanort, leading him to design vague and symbolic pieces that might fit a couple characters. Story-wise, it could be the uncertainty of future events, meaning not everything is predictable to Master Xehanort.

Somnus cealum

Awards
It makes sense that the last piece is Riku Replica because his identity was based off of Riku when he was being influence by darkness, namely Maleficent, with the design of the piece being reminiscent of Maleficent's dragon features. "X" could also be a seashell, which is what Xion left behind when she disappeared, and "XI" bears more resemblance to the guard of Master Xehanort's Keyblade (which Terra-Xehanort wields) than it does Vexen's shield.

View attachment 13093View attachment 13094View attachment 13095

It's obvious Nomura wanted to keep the identity of some of the Seekers of Darkness a secret from eagle-eyed fans deciphering the opening cinematic and subsequent chess scenes between Eraqus and Xehanort, leading him to design vague and symbolic pieces that might fit a couple characters. Story-wise, it could be the uncertainty of future events, meaning not everything is predictable to Master Xehanort.
i guess that could be riku replica but the others no cus in the real chess set were getting has terranorts peice and xions peice as exrtas.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've been of the opinion that X is Xion's piece since it bears more resemblance to her final form helmet than anything belonging to Demyx. Since Demyx contributed absolutely nothing to the Seekers, it made sense that he'd be the one not represented.

Somnus cealum

Awards
I've been of the opinion that X is Xion's piece since it bears more resemblance to her final form helmet than anything belonging to Demyx. Since Demyx contributed absolutely nothing to the Seekers, it made sense that he'd be the one not represented.
xion has her piece and its a weird crown. not that one

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
THANK YOU! I have been trying to get proper images of the pieces for so long! It's interesting that some of the designs are similar to designs we've seen in Twilight Town.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
View attachment 13214
I think they're referencing this. In the screenshot for the chess pieces in production you can kind of make out a piece that looks like Xion's crown.
Huh, completely forgot about those. Nice to get confirmation at least.

Thanks to you and Antifa for the follow up, the rest of y'all were completely unhelpful :p

Back