• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► LEAKS discussion - ENTER AT OWN RISK

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Mate. I love your theory.

giphy.gif

There is still time for you to try getting adjusted to it in the demo :( But yeah, I'm there with you, I don't understand what the idea of one button mode is if you can't use it in the mode that unlocks the songs.
I've only got like 2 in a half days to practice before the game. I'm probably just going to wait for the game. I'm still super psyched for the game, that has not changed because I was never playing this for the story anyway. Again, I just wish the demo wasn't misleading, I wasted so much time on the wrong style.

Henryp

Awards
Ok so I think I get the Final Boss fiasco. They are pushing and pushing the "Kairi needs training and then she will be strong". So they had to show her weak.

I think they emphasized a lot on the training part, which can be again another "Kairi is gonna have her moment" or nothing at all.

Katsagu

Awards
But if the idea is for him to be stoic, then don't have him over emoting all the time. It always looks like the idea is for him to be emotional, but instead his VA keeps reading his lines like he's bored. And I don't understand what the problem is because David has always been at least good, but ever since kh3 he just... talks like that. It's like they want Riku to sound "mature" but don't know how to do it in a way that makes David actually seem like he's trying.

And I thought that was a kh3 problem - making Riku's voice more serious to contrast him with Dark Riku, but that clearly wasn't the problem if it's also in MoM.

I thought that during KH3 riku was fine, but in Re:Mind he sucked.

Ok so I think I get the Final Boss fiasco. They are pushing and pushing the "Kairi needs training and then she will be strong". So they had to show her weak.

I think they emphasized a lot on the training part, which can be again another "Kairi is gonna have her moment" or nothing at all.

I mean, if nothing is going to happen with her why even send her to train right?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Henryp

Awards
I mean, if nothing is going to happen with her why even send her to train right?

I'm not getting my hopes up. This is the forth time of teasing ("This time I'll fight, KH2", DDD secret ending and ReMind). But yeah, the lines "I'll become stronger and fight with you two" and "I want to train with Master Aqua" feels like teasing on her becoming powerful and useful.

Awards
But if the idea is for him to be stoic, then don't have him over emoting all the time. It always looks like the idea is for him to be emotional, but instead his VA keeps reading his lines like he's bored. And I don't understand what the problem is because David has always been at least good, but ever since kh3 he just... talks like that. It's like they want Riku to sound "mature" but don't know how to do it in a way that makes David actually seem like he's trying.

And I thought that was a kh3 problem - making Riku's voice more serious to contrast him with Dark Riku, but that clearly wasn't the problem if it's also in MoM.
He kinda seems to have just no idea what to do in regards to current Riku post-outfit change. He's still perfectly fine with Dark Riku, Repliku, and even 0.2 Riku.

I don't get why it's THIS specific version of Riku that he fumbles at now.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Cumguardian69

Awards
Because THIS Riku is a stoic adult. That is what it is. Even Miyano sounds almost monotone as KH3 Riku. Reserved maybe is the better word. That is what Nomura wanted from the JPN cast and the ENG VDs gave the same direction for Gallagher.

MOVING ON, Kairi wasnt hinted at being weak by Riku - SHE is the one that made the comment from the get go. But thats the problem. We get Kairi making comments about her own personal ability when we SEE HER going toe to toe with MASTER FUCKING XEHANORT (memory ver.) A cutscene earlier. Flying like it's nothing. Easily casting Firaga IN A CUTSCENE. So what the hell? Is she weak inexperienced? Or what?

They need to define what Training is. What js it that she lacks that Sora and Riku have?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Are we not gonna address the name Quadratum???? These are the things that keep me up at night!

not, but really: Quadratum = quad = 4 = separate from the Realm of Light, Darkness, Final World, and...?

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
SPOILERS:

I feel like watching these scenes has made me more okay with them. At least we got a nice cutscene of Kairi kicking Xehanort's butt and gliding... before it ended like it did. Xehanort even complimented her... before it ended like it did. But pfft. Merlin trained Kairi, Xehanort. Not Yen Sid. As a part of Kairi's heart, you should know this.

Also, it's interesting that Xehanort--someone who causes Kairi suffering, as was said--is part of her heart. I think there's something meta there, but meh.

Riku and Kairi's interactions were cute. I wish the Fairy Godmother hadn't gotten in the way, when they were getting closer to each other.

And Alyson does a good job voicing Kairi here.

The Verum Rex characters are totally the upperclassmen. And Xehanort thought Kairi might end up there when he put her in the ark. It's cool that we finally know the name of this world, too.

I oddly enjoyed the scenes with Nameless Star, and her interacting with Riku and Kairi and caring about Sora. I could be down for a game with those three, but it'll probably never happen. But Stella being referred to "the last key" reminds me of how Kairi was called that in DDD's ending. It'd be cool if we could get some Kairi and Stella bonding, but we'll see.

And Xehanort said he killed Kairi so Sora would disappear, basically. And that he changed her fate. So Kairi wasn't meant to die, then? And Xehanort saying it was for "hope" makes me think that Sora is in the black box. Or, rather, the world of Verum Rex is.

Sora's voice not being able to reach the Final World makes me think of, "His voice always used to be there. But now it's gone."

God help me... but I have hope for Kairi again. She and Stella are still apparently keys to save Sora, after all. But I suppose Nomura could make it so it doesn't matter in the end, since it hardly matters right now and both girls are getting shafted for the time being. But I'm still amazed that Nomura is even giving Kairi lines... or animating her emoting, or having her actually know what's going on and interact with the main cast, and somewhat do things. It seems like maybe he IS trying harder than he used to (maybe because of the outcry for Kairi?), even if he still kind of sucks at it. Time will tell if this will amount to anything, I suppose. Hopefully it will...

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
On that note
My favorite thing about Quadratum is that the literal translation for it is "Square."

It also confirms that the city isn't outright Tokyo and that the Shibuya district isn't the same as the one from TWEWY. Tried to warn y'all.

Katsagu

Awards
Are we not gonna address the name Quadratum???? These are the things that keep me up at night!

not, but really: Quadratum = quad = 4 = separate from the Realm of Light, Darkness, Final World, and...?

Let me blow your mind...

Quadratum is Square in latin. The name of the world is Square...Enix.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I'd also include the Realm of In-between and the Realm of Nothingness

redcrown

Awards
KH fans suffer from toxic positivity

And memory loss apparently.

Her treatment isn't really anything new here; she facilitates other characters going on journeys and adventures. Her role has been pretty consistent throughout the series, even it's poorly outdated and stagnantly written. KH just isn't the series for someone like her to break out of that role and shine, but there's plenty of others that do.

I just don't get the need for Nomura to pretend she will besides marketing. Why bother giving her a keyblade and animating combat moves if he's not that interested in utilizing it. I'm still laughing at the fact that she transforms to Sora to fight MX, she couldn't even have that. It feels like a pretty deliberate message on Nomura's part.

Last edited:

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I'm wondering if some people even watched those scenes. Kairi didn't kick Xehanort's butt or anything. He was clearly toying with her. Hell he didn't even have his keyblade out for most of that "fight" because Kairi is that worthless compared to him. So he gave her a little compliment. Read to me more like "you went from a helpless bug to a bug who can fly now".

Edit: And Fairy Godmother said Kairi and Nameless Star's roles as keys were served. Now the rest is up to Riku.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'd also include the Realm of In-between and the Realm of Nothingness

Ansem described three realms and three worlds. The realm of nothingness is the Realm Between like the Dark World is the Realm of Darkness.

Back