• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New TWEWY countdown website launches

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaddix

Awards
Trolling. They know that by using the teaser site they used before, they are trolling the fans. Back when that site initially launched for the iOS port, everybody believed it was for TWEWY 2 and got their hopes up. When the countdown finished and revealed the port, people were very vocally upset but overall still hopeful.

Now that we are 8 years past that event and have experience many teaser sites, the tables have turned. The site is the exact same one with a few differences, but now fans are hesitant about it being TWEWY 2.

It’s classic trolling through inverted expectations.

If that's the case, I'll hope your interpretation is a correct one. Seems hopeful.

Not sure how much stock anyone took in all of it, but in that Nintendo Gigaleak this past summer, along with all the leaked assets and images, wasn't there a supposed list of things coming out? I believe I saw that had a TWEWY sequel on the list, along with a few other things that ended up proving correct (such as a 3D Mario compilation). Who knows with "leaks" like that, but this could end up being one more notch in the belt of that list's credibility, eh?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Coincidentally, I was getting urges to replay TWEWY on the Switch, hahaha. If this is a sequel, then I think it's safe to think that it can be released a year from now.

But I wonder if they'll make any gameplay tweaks.
For all we know, TWEWY2 could be a fully 3D action game where pins are more like the BBS command deck. Anything is possible.

Rove

Awards
For all we know, TWEWY2 could be a fully 3D action game where pins are more like the BBS command deck. Anything is possible.

I would quite like that actually. As much as I really enjoy the unique setup of the original DS game, the mobile and Switch versions really didn't do much for me and I'd rather they take the core ideas and fully reinvent it. As long as we get the pogs pins, the stylish music, and punky character designs it'll be TWEWY enough for me to enjoy. Heck it might even end up more enjoyable overall, and approachable for people intimidated by the previous gameplay styles.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Again with the sequel baiting, if it's another port I hope we'll see it on Steam this time around.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Again with the sequel baiting, if it's another port I hope we'll see it on Steam this time around.

I’m wondering how it would play on Steam...the game really wants players to use touch and motion controls.

If they remapped everything with button inputs, at that point they absolutely need to release an update to the Switch version to add that as an option and then port to PS4 because there is no reason not to at that point.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Today the website featured a trailer for Solo Remix on iOS/Android. I was right in my theory that it would run through the history of the series.

Tomorrow will likely be Live Remix, then Final Remix the day after, then perhaps the Anime on the 5th day. That just leaves one day with a blank slate, so I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say it is going to be a quick teaser showing key moments throughout all of these games up to A New Day.

Then the 7th day will be the official reveal of TWEWY on Ouya.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I’m wondering how it would play on Steam...the game really wants players to use touch and motion controls.

If they remapped everything with button inputs, at that point they absolutely need to release an update to the Switch version to add that as an option and then port to PS4 because there is no reason not to at that point.
It could use a mouse cursor if on Steam.

Awards
So the original trailer, the Solo Remix trailer, and now the Final Remix trailer.

Maybe the anime trailer next?

And after that...what's the last thing they'll show before whatever they're revealing?

Edit: So i watched the counter hit zero and expected it to switch to 2 days but it didn't.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So the original trailer, the Solo Remix trailer, and now the Final Remix trailer.

Maybe the anime trailer next?

And after that...what's the last thing they'll show before whatever they're revealing?

Edit: So i watched the counter hit zero and expected it to switch to 2 days but it didn't.
teehee

Time loop
Oh, God. Is it a glitch or on purpose? Time-traveling in TWEWY? :(

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Today it was another Final Remix trailer.
Maybe one was real and one was dreamed? 👀

For real lol
l9adde04b7451.jpg

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Placing bets on it being a Candy Crush clone about matching pins and it gets shutdown within a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back