• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About Vanitas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KeyToDestiny

Awards
So with the advent of ReMIND, seems there's more to this guy's origins that meets the eye and that he's not just simply Ventus' dark half like everyone believed(which is pretty dumb from what BBS told us but eh). It's not talked about much from what I've seen but what do you guys think is up with Vanitas? Think we've seen the last of him in KH3?

omelet_schnetz

Awards
I think Darkness is Vanitas but only to a certain extent. I don’t think they’re gonna retcon Darkness into not being the darkness inside Ventus’s heart, but rather Vanitas is a combination of the darkness in Ven’s heart and the Darkness being residing inside of him. Hence his boyish personality compared to how we see Darkness in Union Cross.

Will we see Vanitas again? Maybe. But what we will definitely see is the reoccurrence of Darkness and it’s fellow beings since it seems they’re being set up as the main enemies of the Master of Masters. One great thing about Dark Road is that each episode is giving insight into what Darkness is, how it comes about, and how it works. It seems like Nomura is using the app to give us insights into the future workings of darkness in the series.

My guess is that he’ll use the beings of Darkness in tandem with Maleficent and Pete to make them an actual force to be reckoned with. They’ve been doing nothing for so long that I know it’s hard for people to believe they’ll ever do anything, but I sincerely think that Nomura has something in mind for them. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have kept them around.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I think Darkness is Vanitas but only to a certain extent. I don’t think they’re gonna retcon Darkness into not being the darkness inside Ventus’s heart, but rather Vanitas is a combination of the darkness in Ven’s heart and the Darkness being residing inside of him. Hence his boyish personality compared to how we see Darkness in Union Cross.

Will we see Vanitas again? Maybe. But what we will definitely see is the reoccurrence of Darkness and it’s fellow beings since it seems they’re being set up as the main enemies of the Master of Masters. One great thing about Dark Road is that each episode is giving insight into what Darkness is, how it comes about, and how it works. It seems like Nomura is using the app to give us insights into the future workings of darkness in the series.

My guess is that he’ll use the beings of Darkness in tandem with Maleficent and Pete to make them an actual force to be reckoned with. They’ve been doing nothing for so long that I know it’s hard for people to believe they’ll ever do anything, but I sincerely think that Nomura has something in mind for them. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have kept them around.
Well according to Dark Road, Odin says that the beings "Darkness" that resided inside of people began to influence them and help them grow darkness of their own. So I guess the being hiding in Ventus(which is basically confirmed to be Vanitas) did end up merging with the darkness that Ventus grew because of Vanitas and then all that got ripped out because of Xehanort.

And we've seen in ReMIND that the "Darkness" being is still inside Ventus so that means so is Vanitas since he is that "Darkness". Vanitas' words to Ventus can't be forgotten.

Back