• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

...So, can we stick primarily with pixar?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm late to this party. Basically what others have said. The problem isn't that Pixar is the better choice then Disney, it's just they have more freedom. Toy Box and Monstropolis I found to be the more entertaining worlds of KH3 then the Disney ones, simply because we had more freedom. Though we were not allowed to fight Randall...

When it comes to Pixar, there is only a handful I would even like to see in KH anyway, outside what we already have with Toy Box and Monstropolis. Coco, Incredibles, and A Bugs Life are the only worlds I'd like to see. Anything else can get the Little Chef treatment and be put in Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, or be a summon exclusive. I keep saying Wall-E would be great robots to have around Even's study. I just don't want to do Disney movie plots anymore. You can have elements from them, but to redo the entire movie almost shot for shot, line for line. It's tedious and makes me want to rush the game to get to the good KH original stuff, when they should go together to create a brilliant story all around.

horto12485

Awards
Well i like the Pixar Worlds in the Series but i wanna See more of a Mix of Old/Newer Disney Properties get into the 2nd Phase of Kingdom Hearts (Bambi, Brother Bear, Treasure Planet, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Emperor's New Groove, Black Cauldron, Meet the Robinsons, Princess and the Frog, Zootopia, Moana, Robin Hood, Raya and the Last Dragon, Encanto, Wall-E, A Bug's Life, Brave, Inside Out, Incredibles, Onward, Coco, Soul, Luca and Marvel (Without Star Wars because EA Games has exclusive game rights to the Star wars Franchise)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The worlds that I would ask for more of are classically animated films. I know all the hits are basically done, but honestly if they aren't even going to give you a Disney boss fight, will anyone care if they redo past worlds with original stories? Atlantica can be amazing in the KH3 engine. The Pride Lands would be so much fun and beautiful (especially if it's regrown).

Also, films like The Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, and Lilo & Stitch should get some love.

On a side note, I loved that all the PIXAR worlds required a form change. I kind of hope that all future PIXAR worlds give form changes (I would love to see the big versions of SDG in A Bug's Life).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What we need isn't specifically more Pixar or less Disney, but more general creative worlds, that is not rehash of the original movies. Yes, Pixar movies have worse plot than Disney movies. But the thing here is, Pixar executives are more lenient in allowing KH write their own version of their movies's plot, that actually integrates with KH's own main plot, instead of plain copy paste of the movie. We can agree that Disney's protectiveness to KH to not allow KH have their own plot of their movies is a bad move, if not flat out stupid move because KH has proven itself to sell and KH3 specifically proves that the difference with the original movie is what fandom wants with the Pixar movies worlds.

That's like the exact opposite of what happened though? Nomura wanted to the the copy/paste of the film's story; it was Pixar who requested they create a new scenario for the game that didn't interfere with their established canon.

Ultimately the decision to stick with a film's story varies depending on the staff involved. For older films whose creative team are no longer with the company, there's probably little to no resistance to use the original stories, but for newer films whose staff are still working at Disney, they will surely want to have a say in how their babies are represented.

I repeat that Mirroverse,Twisted Wonderland and now Star Smash is a thing,which gives me tiny spark of hope that Disney will cease this, um, unwiseness, they can write a good plot for KH's version of their movies if they wanted to (emphasis if they wanted to, thing is they don't want it.)

I will say that there is nothing innovative about Star Smash. Mickey's the only Disney character that's actually shown up in the story so far, and he's just there as a team mascot to motivate the generic characters nobody cares about (Donald will probably do the same later on as he's associated with a rival team). All the other characters from the PV and whatnot exist only as pretty artwork on cards used for gameplay.

Last edited:

Cumguardian69

Awards
Guys I legitimately didn't know that BH6 wasn't a Pixar film (I mean I know it isn't OG Pixar but still). So...yeah. apparently SOME Disney can be alright as I really liked San Fran's portrayal in 3, what with Sora being a "super hero" teaching new recruits, talking about sacrificing oneself for another on after a loved one's death (Roxas living on through Sora), and manipulation of data to form a kind of heart (BH6 was waaay more relevant than Toy Box to Xion, imo).

Awards
I personally would prefer no PIXAR films, but Disney the company wants to blend their brands... Inside Out, The Incredibles, and the upcoming Luca--maybe Coco--are the best of the lot if those films have to be there. I just would laugh at a hypothetical KH with all PIXAR properties, and no Disney or FF to be found. I wouldn't buy it, but I'm sure it would do decent business anyway.

Oh, I seriously doubt that they'd push for Pixar only worlds, I'm sure Nomura wouldn't allow that, because he's been able to keep creative control of the franchise for the most part.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Pixar definitely has a treasure trove of material to work with. You could very easily get a LOT of mileage out of Toy Story alone based on how massive it was in III and without even basing it on a plot of a movie. We can go to Al’s Toy Barn, Pizza Planet, Sunnyside, and plenty more.

That said, Disney still has some material to offer like Moana, Princess and the Frog, Treasure Planet, Lilo and Stitch in Hawaii, and lots of obscure stuff like Atlantis, Dinosaur, Emperor’s New Groove, Robin Hood. Other worlds could also return in glorious reimaginings and expansions on next-gen consoles, like how Olympus and The Caribbean did.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think they should try to keep a nice mix like this: 3 CGI Disney worlds, 3 Pixar worlds, 3 classically animated Disney worlds, 1 live action world

Barrett

Awards
I think in the case of KH3, it's pretty noticeable how the worlds with the most restrictions are Disney Princess-adjacent, especially since Disney was more heavily involved in the world development process even if how restrictive a world is actually varies between each film crew involved. It's a brand that Disney is really protective of for better or for worse in any context. Even if Roy Conli was a producer on both Tangled and Big Hero 6, I can't help but wonder if there were some executive meddling on the Disney side to influence how Kingdom of Corona was set up compared to San Fransokyo, or if going for the original film's story was genuinely the best way to incorporate Tangled into KH3.

Which brings me up to another point, if Pixar's Brave were to make it into KH anytime soon, would Disney let Pixar have the same creative freedom as they did with Toy Box and Monstropolis or would they make them use the original film's plot like Kingdom of Corona and Arendelle? Would Pixar even have the same creative freedom for any of their films represented in the future? I mean, I sure hope so 'cause it'd suck if Disney would do them dirty like that in the future of KH. Also... should every Pixar world have its own new story created just for KH or would there be some select few where the original films' stories would genuinely do just fine or would be even better? And if there are some Pixar worlds where it's only possible to use the original film's plot... should they be left out of KH? Not saying that there shouldn't be new stories for any new Disney world, I live for that stuff. I'm just curious how Pixar worlds being handled like that would turn out.

Also in the case of worlds like Olympus and The Caribbean, finally using any semblance of the major plot of Hercules after all these years made it inevitable to happen while it's hard to tell how Disney and Square went about with The Caribbean. Looking at past worlds based on live action films, they all relatively followed the plot of their respective films. Would it be possible to get new original stories for live action-based worlds too?

And again, this is all within KH3's development alone. How Disney and Square work together and create the worlds for any future KH game can change in any degree.

Awards
I think in the case of KH3, it's pretty noticeable how the worlds with the most restrictions are Disney Princess-adjacent, especially since Disney was more heavily involved in the world development process even if how restrictive a world is actually varies between each film crew involved. It's a brand that Disney is really protective of for better or for worse in any context. Even if Roy Conli was a producer on both Tangled and Big Hero 6, I can't help but wonder if there were some executive meddling on the Disney side to influence how Kingdom of Corona was set up compared to San Fransokyo, or if going for the original film's story was genuinely the best way to incorporate Tangled into KH3.

Which brings me up to another point, if Pixar's Brave were to make it into KH anytime soon, would Disney let Pixar have the same creative freedom as they did with Toy Box and Monstropolis or would they make them use the original film's plot like Kingdom of Corona and Arendelle? Would Pixar even have the same creative freedom for any of their films represented in the future? I mean, I sure hope so 'cause it'd suck if Disney would do them dirty like that in the future of KH. Also... should every Pixar world have its own new story created just for KH or would there be some select few where the original films' stories would genuinely do just fine or would be even better? And if there are some Pixar worlds where it's only possible to use the original film's plot... should they be left out of KH? Not saying that there shouldn't be new stories for any new Disney world, I live for that stuff. I'm just curious how Pixar worlds being handled like that would turn out.

Also in the case of worlds like Olympus and The Caribbean, finally using any semblance of the major plot of Hercules after all these years made it inevitable to happen while it's hard to tell how Disney and Square went about with The Caribbean. Looking at past worlds based on live action films, they all relatively followed the plot of their respective films. Would it be possible to get new original stories for live action-based worlds too?

And again, this is all within KH3's development alone. How Disney and Square work together and create the worlds for any future KH game can change in any degree.

That's the tricky part right there, because what we know is what Nomura and others have told us in interviews about how the collaborative process works. Disney can be very overprotective of their work and often impose restrictions, but for the most part, I think Nomura has been able to use the worlds he's chosen so far in the franchise in the ways he's wanted to use them. I also do wonder how this will affect future worlds being implemented into the series.

I think a good balance of film retread and original content is what we can expect to see. It also all boils down to how Nomura wants to approach each world's story.

horto12485

Awards
I think they should try to keep a nice mix like this: 3 CGI Disney worlds, 3 Pixar worlds, 3 classically animated Disney worlds, 1 live action world

Agreed let's say for Example in the Next Kingdom Hearts Game we get these (3 CGI Worlds: Encanto Wreck-it Ralph and Meet the Robinsons), (3 2d Disney Worlds: Treasure Planet, Jungle Book and Atlantis the Lost Empire) (3 Pixar Worlds: A Bug's Life, Onward and Coco) and 1 live Action World (Hmm not sure between Nutcracker and the Four Realms or Alice in Wonderland or the Jungle Cruise or maybe one World from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (let's say based on one of the Avengers Movies)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Agreed let's say for Example in the Next Kingdom Hearts Game we get these (3 CGI Worlds: Encanto Wreck-it Ralph and Meet the Robinsons), (3 2d Disney Worlds: Treasure Planet, Jungle Book and Atlantis the Lost Empire) (3 Pixar Worlds: A Bug's Life, Onward and Coco) and 1 live Action World (Hmm not sure between Nutcracker and the Four Realms or Alice in Wonderland or the Jungle Cruise or maybe one World from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (let's say based on one of the Avengers Movies)
Honestly, I would go with the live action Jungle Book since it's one of the few live action films that the original was not touched in any way (not even summons). It would also have a different aesthetic for the jungle compared to the more colorful/animated Deep Jungle. On top of that, it would be starkly different to The Caribbean's aesthetic of beaches/ocean.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Can't say that's a phrase I will ever utter lol

2D Jungle Book or nothing please. Classic animation has been erased enough already.
I'm all for classic animation films being the more prominent Disney worlds, but I think the only live action version that I would want is Jungle Book... maybe because it's the only version of that movie that I watched lol. But I dunno, it seems like the only one that worked (in live action) and it's the only one (that's been announced, besides Robin Hood) that the original animated version hasn't been used in any way in the KH series. Plus there's a sequel on the way, so if Nomura was really looking for a live action world to stick with for a while, The Jungle Book would work and provides a very interesting world to explore.

Xagzan

Awards
I'm all for classic animation films being the more prominent Disney worlds, but I think the only live action version that I would want is Jungle Book... maybe because it's the only version of that movie that I watched lol. But I dunno, it seems like the only one that worked (in live action) and it's the only one (that's been announced, besides Robin Hood) that the original animated version hasn't been used in any way in the KH series. Plus there's a sequel on the way, so if Nomura was really looking for a live action world to stick with for a while, The Jungle Book would work and provides a very interesting world to explore.

You're saying there was supposed to be a Robin Hood world in KH? When was this? That'd be welcome.

But oh I definitely recommend the original Jungle Book to you. The songs are fun and what a damn voice Shere Khan had~

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You're saying there was supposed to be a Robin Hood world in KH? When was this? That'd be welcome.

But oh I definitely recommend the original Jungle Book to you. The songs are fun and what a damn voice Shere Khan had~
No, I was saying that The Jungle Book and Robin Hood are both classically animated films that have live action versions (The Jungle Book came out in 2016 and Robin Hood is coming out in the future). Both of those films - classically animated or live action - have never been touched by the KH series in any way. My point was that since the original animated versions were not used in KH at all, there's no precedent to using the live action versions instead. Like Lady & The Tramp was used in Traverse Town with their original designs, so if they were to be used again in KH, it would be weird to use the live action designs. Same with characters that appeared as summons like Dumbo or Bambi (live action film on its way).

I may watch it one day... probably if/when it makes it into KH lol.

Xagzan

Awards
No, I was saying that The Jungle Book and Robin Hood are both classically animated films that have live action versions (The Jungle Book came out in 2016 and Robin Hood is coming out in the future). Both of those films - classically animated or live action - have never been touched by the KH series in any way. My point was that since the original animated versions were not used in KH at all, there's no precedent to using the live action versions instead. Like Lady & The Tramp was used in Traverse Town with their original designs, so if they were to be used again in KH, it would be weird to use the live action designs. Same with characters that appeared as summons like Dumbo or Bambi (live action film on its way).

I may watch it one day... probably if/when it makes it into KH lol.

Oh ok, you referred in parenthesis to being announced, so I just thought you meant announced for KH. I think I remember hearing BBS had early plans for a Jungle Book world or something.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Oh ok, you referred in parenthesis to being announced, so I just thought you meant announced for KH. I think I remember hearing BBS had early plans for a Jungle Book world or something.
Jungle Book was definitely planned for BbS. There are even assets in the game.
kh.jpg

Dark Rot

Awards
I'm not stoked on more Pixar, as I was not especially impressed with their collaboration on KH3. Monstropolis was still fun because it's just a slick factory level to run through. I don't relate to the idea that worlds with new stories are necessarily better, because Kingdom of Corona had the best story and cutscenes specifically because they were just lifted from a good movie. Is Toy Box really the story Nomura was so excitied to tell? Because aside from the epic Verum Rex commercial, it was especially weak. What value did Pixar's back-and-forth of notes really serve the production? Weren't they supposed to be meticulous about story? Somewhere down the line, someone should have been like.... wtf is this?

However, Inside Out and Soul would be great in KH. They have abstract, cosmic settings and are about the core things that make us human, just like Kingdom Hearts. They have unique color palettes and also a lot of room for character-based creativity. You can change the story any way you want and still retain the same setting and themes.

Cars, The Incredibles, A Bug's Life, Wall-E and The Good Dinosaur would be fine too. Coco seems very likely, although I wasn't a fan and think its Land of the Dead looks rather muddled and oversaturated in a way that's not quite beautiful.

Beyond just Pixar, CG movies don't excite me as much for KH in terms of visuals. Adapting something hand-drawn and painted into a virtual world is more interesting than a slightly-off recreation of a CG cartoon.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
A Bug's Life - Side game material but still not likely
Finding Nemo- Would look beautiful but gameplay would be atrocious if SDG are in fish form
Incredibles - Guaranteed for KH4
Cars- Radiator Springs would work well for mini-games if they want to use it
Ratatouille- Wouldn't work.
Wall-E - Great environments but it's hard to envision an original story for this world. It could only work on the Axiom.
Wall-E n EVE as summons SE.
UP- Not really world material. I could see them using it like Ratatouille where you see Carl n Russell in an original world. Collect balloons in other worlds to help their house float again or something.
Brave- Likely to eventually happen but I think it'd be pretty boring
Inside Out - Why would SDG be in a teenage girl's mind? The Emotions as summons is probably the best way to go.
The Good Dinosaur - (insert cricket noise HERE)
Coco - Would be an amazing world but I think it can only work if Pixar lets SE adapt the film story.
Onward - It'll eventually happen. Easy world to do an original story for.
Soul - Personally I see it as too weird a story to make happen in KH. Why would Joe n 22 still be there if it's a post movie story?

Based on that I'd rank the most likely Pixar worlds
1. Incredibles
2. Coco
3. Brave
4. Onward
5. Finding Nemo
6. Cars

The other ones are tough to envision happening. Toy Story has the potential to come back. Monsters is likely done.

Last edited:
Back