• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thanks for the help I finally found my answer it was "Betrayal in Antara"!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Loracle

Awards
Hi, super new to this forum, hope someone can help me!

I am trying to remember the name of an old PC game from the 90ties that I used to watch my brother play.

It was an RPG based game. It was picture based when you would talk to people. Renaissance style clothing in a Fantasy world. Started out in a seaside village.
the main Character I believe (not positive on this) was named William and was blonde and was like a Farmboy who eventually discovers and learns to do magic. At the very first he is with two other companions who are also primary characters. One is a dark-haired male who has more experience in fighting and life etc than our blonde guy, and then they are joined by a dark-haired female. These three are the primary three of the game. I believe the young blonde mage guy (William) is searching for or discovers his father somewhere down the line in a cave (i think). I am super shaky on memory but it's driving me nuts to find this game, any help would be much appreciated.

alolansentret

Awards
Do you remember what the interface of the game looked like? Like was it top down, sideview, isometric, first person view? And do you remember if the art style looked more realistic or if it looked more stylized/cartoon-like/anime-like? Did it seem like a game that would appeal more to children or to teens/young adults from what you remember it looking like or being about?

If there are any games you can compare it to visually that would help!

Loracle

Awards
Do you remember what the interface of the game looked like? Like was it top down, sideview, isometric, first person view? And do you remember if the art style looked more realistic or if it looked more stylized/cartoon-like/anime-like? Did it seem like a game that would appeal more to children or to teens/young adults from what you remember it looking like or being about?

If there are any games you can compare it to visually that would help!

It was more targeted to teens and adults I'd have to say. It was Not Anime. I guess you could say they were going for more realism. when you would talk to people it would just show pictures with their scripts next to them not animated in that moment just static pictures that would change as you exchanged conversation and would give you optional text responses to change the outcome of the responses and the journey like those "choose your own adventure" books. But I think it was animated when you would travel and run forward. Definitely animated during fights which would show a grid where you could move for each attack for your team like typical grid hex RPG. I'd have to say Sideview during fights. When you would journey I remembered you could avoid your opponents up ahead but they would be static with no animation and you could change direction and avoid them if you wanted to go back to a village or something. It was either first person or side view, but never bird view/top-down( i think that's what that means LOL). Sorry, I'm really struggling here to describe it, it was so long ago and my memory sucks. I appreciate the help.

Back