• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where is Kingdom Hearts going? Yozora VS Kairi & friends?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LilacTheDork

Awards
I haven't played Melody of Memory and don't yet know the lore implications of it, and i feel like that will show through in this so keep that in mind.

With that said, Melody of Memory has me... intrigued.
It seems like the closest thing to the 'follow-up' to KH3's secret ending, which shoves a bit of a wrench in my previous theory.

For context; my 'previous theory' was essentially that the next game was going to incorporate Nomura's Vs. XIII bs into it somehow. I believed this for a few reasons. Essentially the thing holding the theory together was 'The Final World'- which i say for a few reasons.
If i remember correctly, Chirithy says the final world is a 'place between death and sleep' of sorts? Though it's been a while, so i may have forgotten. Now, Sora isn’t explicitly told the Dives to the Heart are in this same realm- but it’s clearly heavily implied given the inclusion of the sea of clouds in the Dive to the Heart in Kingdom Hearts 3 alone.
Knowing this, going back to Yozora to talk a little bit about his side around this time- I personally think that, despite Yozora’s words before the fight- he’s actually not there. Upon defeating Sora, and successfully putting him into Crystal Sleep, he reawakens from being asleep in a car. And I think that’s a big deal. I don’t think he just appears there, either. I think he’s literally waking up, from a dream, the entire fight and what happened within was literally a dream.

The prevalence of death and sleep intertwined like this in Kingdom Hearts 3 almost exclusively is no coincidence. This was the same game Yozora was introduced and the DLC was probably planned from the start- meaning within the planning for Kingdom Hearts 3, these things had to have some kind of consideration and thought put into them in the same room at the same time- the fact these line up so flawlessly not only with each other but with the concepts in what we know of FF Versus XIII literally cannot be a coincidence.

I could go into a lot more detail about that- but i'll save it. That's not my main point here. If you want more info... Check my Reddit post on the theory.

Point is- whatever's happening in Melody of Memory proves that Yozora isn't going to be the only factor in reawakening Sora. [Again for more info on that read in that link.] Kairi, Riku and friends clearly are doing their best to help him as well, so that just begs the question- what's gonna happen with these future games?
There's no doubt that Melody of Memory- or a similar game in its spinoff role- was inevitable before the next release [whether it be the KH version of Vs XIII or whatever it may be], however, now we're left with somewhat of a race to save Sora. Is it really going to be that simple, or was i just wrong about whatever Yozora's involvement could be? And if so... where is it going to leave his story?

Of course, we have a whole, painful year to speculate on all this since we're only going to start getting announcements in 2022.

All i can say is- I hope i'm right about Yozora and Verum Rex. Because i REALLY wanna see Vs XIII come to fruition in some form, and hell, seeing it combine with Kingdom Hearts, a series typically known- from the outside, at least- for its lightheartedness is going to be fascinating to say the least.

Katsagu

Awards
I don't know, I have a feeling two plotlines will be happening alongside one another, the riku's search for sora, that will make him meet with Yozora and "maybe" MoM??? And then a plotline focusing on Luxu and foretellers thing, and then they both intertwine at some point, it all being part of MoM plan or something.

I really cant wait for a new game as fast as possible, I want to see where this is going, and Melody of Memory really had too little in the story department. I've never been more interested in KH's future than I am now.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I'm hoping Kairi finds Yozora and whoops his ass for killing Sora.
That’ll depend on which ending of that fight is considered canon. Though it’d be nice to get her more involved in the next story, maybe as part of her training with Aqua

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
That’ll depend on which ending of that fight is considered canon. Though it’d be nice to get her more involved in the next story, maybe as part of her training with Aqua
I'm thinking that the two endings actually do happen - in a "split" Quadratum. Riku finds the good ending where Sora beats Yozora, while Kairi finds the bad ending and she kills Yozora to save Sora.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Uh, that's a bit drastic. Even in the ending were Sora loses and is crystallized it doesn't frame Yozora as a villain. He did say he would save Sora somehow
I envisioned it as Kairi witnessing Sora be frozen by Yozora. She becomes enraged and attacks Yozora. Then she kills him in her rage. In the Riku side of the story, we learn more about what Yozora was trying to do, but Kairi didn't see that side and only saw the negatives that Yozora was doing. After Kairi saves Sora, she realizes that she shouldn't have killed him and begins a personal arc to overcome what she has done. Also it will be a perfect way to write Yozora out once we're done with Quadratum.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I envisioned it as Kairi witnessing Sora be frozen by Yozora. She becomes enraged and attacks Yozora. Then she kills him in her rage. In the Riku side of the story, we learn more about what Yozora was trying to do, but Kairi didn't see that side and only saw the negatives that Yozora was doing. After Kairi saves Sora, she realizes that she shouldn't have killed him and begins a personal arc to overcome what she has done. Also it will be a perfect way to write Yozora out once we're done with Quadratum.

While it's probably too early to tell I'm certain Yozora will stick around even after Sora comes back to life. Nomura has built him up too much for him to appear and be done in only one game

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
While it's probably too early to tell I'm certain Yozora will stick around even after Sora comes back to life. Nomura has built him up too much for him to appear and be done in only one game
How was Yozora built up too much? He pretty much has the Roxas treatment at the end of KH1. I feel like Yozora will be done in 2-3 games at most.

(watch Yozora become the star of several games, his own spinoff series and a Disney+ show)

KeyToDestiny

Awards
1. It's a literal laugh to think Kairi can defeat Yozora much less kill him. He'd trash her with ease. She's back home training because she knows she doesn't stack up which is why Riku will be doing the real work in finding Sora and dealing with Yozora.

2. Thinking Yozora's done after the next game is even more hilarious as he's clearly being set up as one of Nomura's golden boys now. Expect more Yozora even in KH4 and whatever else he appears in.

Awards
I thought it might interest you to know that Yozora has the power of waking. At least that is what part of what I theorize in this theory "Yozora and Nameless Star Parallel Riku and Sora from DDD". The evidence is this. Young Xehanort says the power of waking is "the ability to traverse hearts to reach worlds" which is exactly what Yozora does to Sora. He points his crossbow at Sora, then Sora's station of awakening (his heart) appears from underneath them, then Shibuya (a world) renders in around them. This is similar to the way Riku uses the power of waking in DDD. He dives down to Sora's station of awakening (his heart) then after defeating the darkness covered suit of armour, he is transported to a dream version of Destiny islands (a world). So, yeah. If I'm right about Yozora using the power of waking, their fight at least, happened in Sora's dream version of Shibuya.

I have a lot of theories about Verum Rex if you want to read them.
Yozora and Nameless Star Parallel Riku and Sora from DDD
Yozora and Nameless Star Parallel Roxas and Xion
The Gigas are like Disney characters, but for Verum Rex
Theory about Yozora being a heart transfer/real name/true appearance
Comprehensive Analysis on the Verum Rex videogame back cover
What it means to "save Sora"

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
We're going to get another divergence of Kingdom Hearts narrative just like we did after Kingdom Hearts II. I've gone ahead and theorised how the narrative would be split between the expanded cast and how it will all come together in Kingdom Hearts IV.

Sora and Riku are going to be involved with Quadratum. They'll be meeting with the Verum Rex cast of characters, expect Demyx's and Luxord's somebodies as residents there to bring a sense of familiarity to the foreign world of unreality. I still firmly believe that Magia and Aegis are a grown-up Bragi and Hermod with Urd and Vor being the grown-up stand-ins for Areana Highwind and Iris Amicitia respectively. The four gravestones in the first Dark Road story seem to be intentional misdirect for their fates. Luxu and Ava are going to be the antagonists involved in this sub-narrative. The adventures involving Sora and Riku in Quadratum is going to be the successor narrative to Dream Drop Distance.

Roxas, Xion, Lea and Isa alongside Hayner, Pence and Olette are going to be involved with finding Subject X who turns out to be Skuld. There's likely going to be a retcon about Xion's appearance which ties her to Skuld and that Xion is the key to relocating Skuld now that she's a complete being. Ira and Invi are going to be the antagonists involved in this sub-narrative. The adventures involving them is going to be the successor narrative to 358/2 Days.

Kairi, Aqua, Terra and Ventus are going to be involved with bringing back Strelitzia. This is because Lauriam and Elrena are going to find Namine to restore their memories, which in turn, leads Namine to contact Terra and let him know about Ventus' past memories as a Dandelion which brings all of them together for a common cause. Aced and Gula are going to be the antagonists involved in this sub-narrative. The adventures involving them is going to be the successor narrative to Chain of Memories.

Mickey's journey into Scala Ad Caelum is going to be relegated to cutscenes and he'll be the only protagonist from the present timeline to be in contact with The Master of Masters until Kingdom Hearts IV.

Back