• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaltK

Awards
Consistency in Kingdom Hearts :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note. There's a crucial difference between going back to decades-old games in some sort of revisionist history crusade and dubbing (not really redubbing, is it) flashbacks to historical scenes in future games (which will almost certainly be reanimated anyway).

Thought experiment: If they went back and Ministry of Truth'ed the best acting performance in KH history so that Birth By Sleep Xehanort could be consistent with the "performance" of him in the latest titles, would this be OK in the name of consistency? Of course not. And I'd legit look into whether those responsible could be tried under some obscure and forgotten common law dating back to the 16th century or something.

Then again, this is George Lucas mk2 we're talking about, so..

I never said they should remove Quinton from every past game, not even for consistency (with the Billy Zane example, I meant so it would be consistent within KH2 itself).

Replacing Quinton in KH3, and only KH3, may still be viable because it is one of the most recent games in the series and is still fresh in everyone’s minds.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
I never said they should remove Quinton from every past game, not even for consistency (with the Billy Zane example, I meant so it would be consistent within KH2 itself).

Replacing Quinton in KH3, and only KH3, may still be viable because it is one of the most recent games in the series and is still fresh in everyone’s minds.

Oh. Whoops. That's a little more iffy given it was still being serviced until very recently. Still, I'd err on the cautious side and leave it alone.

Would be convenient, though. It was a terrible performance.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Thought experiment: If they went back and Ministry of Truth'ed the best acting performance in KH history so that Birth By Sleep Xehanort could be consistent with the "performance" of him in the latest titles,

oh I know you're not putting shame on Christopher Motherfucking Lloyd's name, I know you aren't doing it

May-Jor

Awards
He won the defamation case and the twitter account was shut down. The case wasn't about his predatory behaviour.
It wasn't a defamation case, Flynn was requesting an order of protection to keep the person running that account from speaking about him. If it were a defamation case, he'd have to prove that the content on the page was fake.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It wasn't a defamation case, Flynn was requesting an order of protection to keep the person running that account from speaking about him. If it were a defamation case, he'd have to prove that the content on the page was fake.
My bad

U.N. Owen

Awards
Also, if stuff ends up before a judge, judges normally force witnesses to not post or talk about the case. It's for your own good because every proclamation guarantees free ammunition for your enemies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also, if stuff ends up before a judge, judges normally force witnesses to not post or talk about the case. It's for your own good because every proclamation guarantees free ammunition for your enemies.

Yeah, while it helps Quinton to keep people from finding out more about his actions, this can help BOF if they continue their legal battle.

I don’t like that she was silenced, not one bit, but the court will go either way. It would be nice to see if they intend to continue. At the very least what is publicly known is enough to show that he has kissed a minor and has engaged his adult fans for sexual pleasure.

If he were to decide to sue for defamation or anything, he absolutely would not win that.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
How can you win a lawsuit to shut someone up? I didn't know you can take someone to court to silence them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back