• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Make Your Own Kingdom Hearts Game Idea Here

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

OrionGold

Awards
I would be neat to have a Kingdom Hearts beat'em up. Each level represents a different Disney/original world. After completing each level, you gain a new playable character that can range from Disney to Square Enix.

2 quid is good

Awards
Full blown space opera PLEASE

Have it take place apart from Sora and Co. Like maybe just a ragtag bunch of characters in their own gummi ship, and inadvertently butting heads with the main villains of the saga

I think I accidentally described Guardians of the Galaxy but KH Ver.

But really there's so many Disney and final fantasy properties they could pool into a space focused game
Okay so I just want to flesh this out a little bit, I would envision this game as being a fully fledged gummi ship exploration/shooter game, where the protagonists (I think there should be 4, 1 disney characters, 1 Square character and 2 OC's, but it's not a solid thing). I think all the protagonists should be people who lost their worlds during/before KH1, perhaps around the same time RG fell, so they've all been together for quite some time.

Generally speaking, this wouldn't be a game to advance the plot, rather a game to explore the world of KH. I'd rather it be character driven, perhaps one character finds his world never was restored, another realises they're happier with their crew than a world he doesn't recognise anymore etc etc I haven't fleshed it out too much but essentially each character would have their own arc that would be resolved over the course of the game. I think this would be a good game to let more minor characters have some time to shine, like perhaps Kytes from FF12 as an MC, and I think Bernard from the Rescuers would be a good fit here.

A lot of the locations would be space or ship centered, and I think it would be a good chance to include a lot of iconic FF airships, as well as Disney ones.

I just think it would be neat to have these misfits travel the world trying to find their homes and running into maybe the Tantalus group, or even Captain Hook who's inadvertently found himself flying through space, even though I envision most of the actual gameplay to be gummi ship style (in the vein of KH3) there would be plenty of options to board other ships/explore worlds and in those instances I would have a basic command menu style implemented (seeing as melee combat isn't the focus, I don't think we need all the bells and whistles, just tight, basic combos and spells/summons).

Anyway, it's the least likeliest idea to happen but I think it would be super interesting

Awards
I don't have any story ideas for future games but I do have ideas for genres that I'd like to see. One of my favorite genres is the classic Metroidvania and I think Kingdom Hearts could work really well in that particular genre. Another that comes to mind is a game developed by Platinum Games ( KH has always been an ARPG but something even more action focused would be awesome). And last but not least, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem and Persona have all received a Dynasty Warriors spin-off and I think Kingdom Hearts should be next.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Okay so I just want to flesh this out a little bit, I would envision this game as being a fully fledged gummi ship exploration/shooter game, where the protagonists (I think there should be 4, 1 disney characters, 1 Square character and 2 OC's, but it's not a solid thing). I think all the protagonists should be people who lost their worlds during/before KH1, perhaps around the same time RG fell, so they've all been together for quite some time.

Generally speaking, this wouldn't be a game to advance the plot, rather a game to explore the world of KH. I'd rather it be character driven, perhaps one character finds his world never was restored, another realises they're happier with their crew than a world he doesn't recognise anymore etc etc I haven't fleshed it out too much but essentially each character would have their own arc that would be resolved over the course of the game. I think this would be a good game to let more minor characters have some time to shine, like perhaps Kytes from FF12 as an MC, and I think Bernard from the Rescuers would be a good fit here.

A lot of the locations would be space or ship centered, and I think it would be a good chance to include a lot of iconic FF airships, as well as Disney ones.

I just think it would be neat to have these misfits travel the world trying to find their homes and running into maybe the Tantalus group, or even Captain Hook who's inadvertently found himself flying through space, even though I envision most of the actual gameplay to be gummi ship style (in the vein of KH3) there would be plenty of options to board other ships/explore worlds and in those instances I would have a basic command menu style implemented (seeing as melee combat isn't the focus, I don't think we need all the bells and whistles, just tight, basic combos and spells/summons).

Anyway, it's the least likeliest idea to happen but I think it would be super interesting

Try & tell me a gummi ship game shouldn't have Star Wars worlds. SW could be like half the game pretty much.

Also, Tailspin.

I don't have any story ideas for future games but I do have ideas for genres that I'd like to see. One of my favorite genres is the classic Metroidvania and I think Kingdom Hearts could work really well in that particular genre. Another that comes to mind is a game developed by Platinum Games ( KH has always been an ARPG but something even more action focused would be awesome). And last but not least, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem and Persona have all received a Dynasty Warriors spin-off and I think Kingdom Hearts should be next.

Ansem%27s_Apprentice_02_KHII.png

KH Warriors might be too obvious, they seem to prefer franchises you wouldn't expect it from.

Last edited:

blank points

Awards
Kingdom Hearts racing/ Kingdom Karts.

Now I know this might be cheating, seeing as this is not really my idea, seeing as the idea for a Kingdom Karts has been around forever, but recently I was thinking about how such a concept might work. I was thinking something akin to Chocobo Racing, with a more simplified story and gameplay.

The story would begin in a sort of combined universe of KH, with Sora and all the rest of the cast living peaceful lives. One day, however, disaster strikes. The evil Maleficent has joined forces with Master Xehanort, as they plan to destroy the universe and remake into their own image to rule over, using the great entity Kingdom Hearts to achieve this goal. Maleficent has assembled a team of Disney villains to her cause, while Xehanort has assembled all the members of Organization XIII. In order to stop this threat, King Mickey deduces that they must fight back, and Yen Sid conjures up special racing cars to be used on their journey. Sora and all the main cast then set out on a racing adventure to combat Maleficent and Xehanort's forces.

The gameplay would feature a world map similar to ones we have had in the past, and just about every world in the series is available. For the racing aspect, you can choose between all 13 main cast members, with other characters like the villains being unlocked by certain achievements throughout the game. Each race track is based on a different Disney or KH original world, with Heartless and Nobodies appearing as enemies on the track. Power-ups would be featured as well. These would include the various spells in the series. For example, a fire icon might appear on the track, and collecting it would allow you to use Fire, and they can be stacked. Stacking two fires would allow you to use Fira, and three Firaga. Other power-ups could include abilities as well, such as Strike Raid, where Sora or another Keyblade user would throw their Keyblade to knock enemies or other racers off the track. In addition, each world would include a boss stage. In Agrabah, the last stage of the world would have you race off against Jafar. In The End of the World, you would race against Ansem, SOD, The World That Never Was, it would be against Xemnas, and so on.

Not the most developed idea, but these were the concepts running through my head.

Awards
I don't have any story ideas for future games
Well come to think of it I did have an idea for a new enemy type. They would be called Distortions and would be born from lies. The greater the lie the more powerful the Distortion would be. Names for individual enemy types would be Little White Lie, Falsehood, Forgery, Fable, Hyperbole and Whopper.

Awards
KH Warriors might just too too obvious, they seem to prefer franchises you wouldn't expect it from.
I've been thinking about how it could work and have come up with a solid idea. In the interest of learning more about the Keyblade War, The Foretellers, The Master of Masters, Luxu etc. our heroes once again turn to the Datascape where they upload all known information on the aforementioned subjects and enlist the help of Data Sora. But somehow Data versions of Xehanort(all of them),Organization XIII and Vanitas, as well as Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed and Dream Eaters all show up. So Data version of all our heroes are created to help Data Sora and since this is the Keyblade War they also recruit characters like Ephemer, Skuld and the others. Playable heroes would consist of Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Lea, Xion, Aqua, Ventus, Terra, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Isa (maybe some other former Organization members) and Master Eraqus. Playable villains would be Master Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Terra-nort, Ansem, Xemnas, Vanitas, Xigbar, Larxene, Marluxia and the rest of the Organization plus Maleficent and Pete (because those two always show up to make things difficult) and maybe some more Disney villains depending on the worlds featured in the game. That's what I've got so far. If anyone else would like to add on to it or polish what I have, go for it. I think it would be a lot of fun to collaborate with you guys to build up this theoretical game.

Soldier

Awards
I've been thinking about how it could work and have come up with a solid idea. In the interest of learning more about the Keyblade War, The Foretellers, The Master of Masters, Luxu etc. our heroes once again turn to the Datascape where they upload all known information on the aforementioned subjects and enlist the help of Data Sora. But somehow Data versions of Xehanort(all of them),Organization XIII and Vanitas, as well as Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed and Dream Eaters all show up. So Data version of all our heroes are created to help Data Sora and since this is the Keyblade War they also recruit characters like Ephemer, Skuld and the others. Playable heroes would consist of Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Lea, Xion, Aqua, Ventus, Terra, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Isa (maybe some other former Organization members) and Master Eraqus. Playable villains would be Master Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Terra-nort, Ansem, Xemnas, Vanitas, Xigbar, Larxene, Marluxia and the rest of the Organization plus Maleficent and Pete (because those two always show up to make things difficult) and maybe some more Disney villains depending on the worlds featured in the game. That's what I've got so far. If anyone else would like to add on to it or polish what I have, go for it. I think it would be a lot of fun to collaborate with you guys to build up this theoretical game.
Since I have played One piece pirate warriors 3+4, hyrule warriors and fire emblem warriors, I guess I'm an expert on that style. If anything, the game would clearly benefit from a kind of coin system like that of pirate warriors, where defeating certain enemies gives you their coin. I found that type of style to be preferrable especially for completionist junkies like me, as you're bound to accumulate a lot of them just by playing the game. Though it might be more apt to have them drop cards instead of coins to harken back to COM, where everything had an associated enemy card (except for the bees, for some reason).

Combat would be your typical musou style faire, flashy attacks made from long combo strings that can be upgraded, and a certain boost mode that can increase damage, speed of attacks, exp gain, etc. For the sake of levity, giving Sora and co EVERY keyblade from the games is a herculean feat and a half, so let's just cut it down to one (maybe 2) weapons per character, if they have a different fighting style. A tiered weapon system would be beneficial as the series has produced multiple weapons over the games, notably with days giving the organization gears, which function as sugrrogate keychains.

An adventure mode would be needed, as a way for bizzare things to happen that wouldn't otherwise (Riku and Ansem working together, for example). And what better way than to utilize the plethora of worlds this series has given with the datascape! There is the obvious "world tour" similar to MoM's execution of the world map, but using the datascape could give the excuse that everything seen and fought is merely a replica of events and people, though scrambled due to bug blox. Progressing through this mode earns rewards like costumes and stronger versions of base weapons used by the cast.

I suppose an example of what I mean by weapon tiers is in order, I'll use Demyx, because he is not used nearly enough in the series as he should be
Tier 1:
The Arpeggio
Demyx's basic sitar that allows him to control water, pressing the heavy attack button will create a water clone to assist in combat
His normal attack string allows for him to jet across the battlefield leaving geysers and whirlpools in his wake
Focus attack: Wave gigs, Demyx strums his sitar and marches through the battlefield, leaving enemeis washed up in his wake.
Tier 2: Arpeggio+
an upgraded arpeggio, has a stronger damage output
Tier 3: Sanctuary
Demyx's ultimate sitar, modelled after his Omega weapon variant from days when he equips the Pandora's gear. The more HP demyx has, the more damage he does to foes.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
In a perfect world, KH warriors would be code for Disney Warriors & this game would have a bunch of playable Disney characters in it. Lord knows it would get attention that way than yet another musou with a bunch of anime-looking OCs. Realistically, IDK, maybe Disney guys can be used as summons that do 1 big crowd clearing attack & then leave.

Alternate premise: A game set during the skipped over days of 358/2 Days, since we really only saw about 80-90 of them. We get the Org as the primary playable characters, with legions of nobodies as their allied troops, as they gather hearts from hordes of heartless.

Alternate premise B: OK, so if we go with the more established heroes as the focus but still want them to have allied forces (which I'm pretty sure isn't really required for a a musou), then the spirit dream eaters could be the army for the guardians of light.

2 quid is good

Awards
Then what Disney worlds does it have?
I mean there's plenty to choose from, captain hook's ship like I said, treasure planet of course, the return of deep space, maybe monstro, but imo this would be a good opportunity to bolster FF integration into KH

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I mean there's plenty to choose from, captain hook's ship like I said, treasure planet of course, the return of deep space, maybe monstro, but imo this would be a good opportunity to bolster FF integration into KH
Hook's ship isn't a world though, not for a flying game. That's like a bossfight at most.

Megavoltage

Awards
Could a Kingdom Hearts tactical game work? Something that plays like Final Fantasy Tactics or Dragon Quest Tact

We got a taste of Kingdom Hearts as a traditional JRPG in Recoded's Olympus, since then I've been thinking about how it would work as a tactical rpg.

Awards
Could a Kingdom Hearts tactical game work?
Final Fantasy has had great success with tactics games in the past and with this recent mobile game Dragon Quest has thrown it's name into the ring (there's also long running and successful franchises like Fire Emblem and Disgaea). So do I think Kingdom Hearts Tactics could work? Absolutely.

Awards
Black Magic Kingdom Hearts: GRIMOIRE

You play as one of seven hollowed carcasses of your choosing: 3 boys, 3 girls, and 1 strange creature, all with great presumed mystical potential. The player chooses which will receive the spark of life, but eventually the other 6 will find their way into the story. Though your path can generally be the same regardless of your choice of vessel, certain characters will respond to you differently, thus altering the story in some ways, with certain exclusive quests and moments. These people each have histories of their own before their hearts were stolen.

This is an action RPG focusing on magic, with a great number of spells and variations. There are also Zelda-like logic puzzles requiring use of magic in the right context to progress, like KH1 but moreso. You wield a living staff, with a lamp on top housing a spirit within who will be your (low-key) guide. The lamp-staff changes appearance with charms, as with keychains. In the early sections of the game, your character is a literal ragdoll, and must hold fast to their possessed staff to avoid getting knocked across the room by enemies. (As you grow stronger and work out the kinks, it shows not just in your magical prowess, but your athletic ability improves noticeably too.) Your staff also gathers energies like light and darkness from combat and environments, which it can spit right back or stock til it bursts.

The story takes place across a seamless overworld, the so-called Magic Kingdom, ruled by a council of powerful witches, of whom you are their pupil, and captive. They reign from a vast castle fused from seven castles from now-lost worlds. This is where your education begins. Whatever their ultimate intentions, the wicked want you strong, fluent in sorcery, and loyal. But as there is no honor among thieves, there is little loyalty among the villains themselves. Snow White's Queen Grimhilde sits at the head of the table at the story's start, but Ursula, Jafar and company are eager to take that spot. Maleficent in particular is a rogue agent among them, and shows her more sympathetic side to the player. The politics and betrayals among the villains, Ultimecia included, will ripple throughout the story. You will make choices about who you will side with. There are multiple endings with drastically different outcomes.
Seven Disney princesses, as well as other characters, are your peers, forced to reside in the castle and learn curses. If you're a good friend, you can bring them along on your adventures too.
Some classic and original characters are trapped in this false kingdom with you, trying to make the best of it, but most citizens are puppet-people: whimsical (and creepy) dolls with human hearts. New spells are learned from characters specifically, and most quests will land you a new spell, or something else of meaningful value. There's no munny and no disposable items. Only equipment and key trinkets.

Since this is mostly all taking place on one world map, instead of individual worlds that replicate the movies they're from, you must conquer "grand gardens", gorgeously ornamental labyrinths representing the pure aesthetics of their worlds through towering architecture and bizarre flora. These gardens branch out from the central castle capitol, with a dense but freely-explorable forest that connects all areas.
Halloween Town, Wonderland, Atlantis and more all become chaotic mansions borne from the stolen hearts of their native heroes and heroines. Whether you free these hearts at the end of each garden is up to you, and there will naturally be several conflicting voices trying to influence your decisions to best benefit their own agendas.

This kingdom is haunted by a particular strain of Heartless: the Afrayed. Manifestations of utter terror, they'll often scream and scamper away. But if backed into a corner, they will frantically lash out with explosive aplomb. They'll stalk you, latch onto you, hide and surprise you; they will genuinely make you feel the fear they feel. And their ultimate fear is of dissolution: they are newborn creatures woven from a fickle curse, and as such are constantly in a state of unraveling. As is the kingdom itself.

This takes place "behind the scenes" of an entirely alternate version of KH1's story, wherein a slightly different gathering of villains managed to secure enough potent vessels and hearts to craft a world all their own, in which they are the sole nobility and authority. This is only a first step in their grander scheme, a sacrifice to beget a greater sacrifice. Whether the dark ritual is fulfilled, halted or altered is up to you. As the story progresses, you learn more of this broader conflict you've been forced into. You may even have to confront the Keyblade Master himself.
With ideas like that, you should seriously be making games

Awards
Soulsborne Hearts (Dark Hearts?)
You wake up in the Realm of Darkness with no memory of who you are or how you got there. The only thing you do know is that the weapon in your hand is called a Keyblade. Surrounded by Heartless (much stronger versions since they're in their natural habitat) you struggle to survive and start to lose hope until you reach Sanctum, a safe haven created by others that are trapped in the dark realm that also serves as your hub. It's here where you learn that in order to return to the light you must defeat Guardian Heartless, extremely powerful beings that are scattered across the Realm of Darkness. As you set out on your journey, you find the Keyblades of wielders who tried and failed before you. Each Keyblade still emanates enough light for your heart to retreat to when you're defeated (much like the bonfires in Dark Souls) as well as granting you a new keychain. With each Guardian Heartless you defeat the darkness holding the portal closed weakens and a memory is restored to you, giving you access to a new ability and getting you one step closer to the light. But remember "The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes". And when faced with your own darkness, will you prevail, or will it consume you?

Awards
Jumping Hayner:The Game. A stealth focused adventure where your only hope of defeating enemies (including bosses) is to surprise jump kick them from behind. The mandatory photo mode would allow players to capture Hayner in these godly moments.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Kingdom Farts: Play as Pete & go on a tour of the Disney worlds, outfarting rival farters across the realm. Somehow MX is still the final boss.

Back