• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

Nicolas

Awards
Imagine if after the PC announcement they also announce Kingdom Hearts games coming to Switch.

But seriously, I'm hoping for Super Mario Odyssey 2, a new Pokemon game and just a Smash character I know. I don't care who as long as I enjoy the way the character plays, but it's better if I know the character at least. Spyro, Crash Bandicoot and Rayman are my favourites of the realistic picks.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I wouldn't mind Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks in a set with Wind Waker. But then how on earth would the game control? It would have to be way more than just a graphics tweak if it is to play in handheld and TV mode. Same reason Skyward Sword is unlikely without a major gameplay overhaul. (Even though I happen to like that one a lot.)
Could be done like TWEWY, using gyro for an on-screen pointer. Maybe they'll be merciful & let Link move with the analogue stick.

SS can easily just have joycons sub for wiimote+nunchuck, even more so than other Wii games because it already relied on gyro over IR sensor to begin with.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Imagine if after the PC announcement they also announce Kingdom Hearts games coming to Switch.
I don't think they will. Per a Twitter announce, Nintendo had to pay SE in order to get the series on Switch.

I'm hoping for Super Mario Odyssey 2,
I don't know if it'll be called Odyssey 2, but the next 3D Mario game is gonna be more open world than what Odyssey was, if we're to judge that they were using Bowser's Fury as a testing ground or preview for what's to come.

Nicolas

Awards
I don't think they will. Per a Twitter announce, Nintendo had to pay SE in order to get the series on Switch.

I don't know if it'll be called Odyssey 2, but the next 3D Mario game is gonna be more open world than what Odyssey was, if we're to judge that they were using Bowser's Fury as a testing ground or preview for what's to come.

It's more of an idle hope, I know it's not going to happen. But I didn't know about the paying, thanks!

As for Mario, that's a good point, and I'd be totally down for that. Odyssey blew me away and was some of the most fun I had ever had with a videogame and expanding upon that, making it more open would only make it better.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Well that direct was... something.

Skyward Sword HD was cool, but feels a bit underwhelming for the anniversary. No mention of said anniversary either.

I didn't see the beginning of the direct, was there a Smash announcement?

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Well that direct was... something.

Skyward Sword HD was cool, but feels a bit underwhelming for the anniversary. No mention of said anniversary either.

There was a Smash announcement it was Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I was surprised that the first thing they showed in the direct was an Smash announcement I thought they would leave it to the end.

Megavoltage

Awards
I love Mario sports games so I'm definitely picking up Super Rush. I never owned a Wii U so I'm excited about finally getting to play Skyward Sword. Never owned an Xbox either so I'm happy about finally getting to play Stubbs. Buying the Ninja Gaiden collection and Triangle Strategy as well. But no BOTW2 news? This slow burn is a bit too slow. Come on already!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
something.
I feel like the purpose of this Direct was: hey, we know you've been bitching about getting a Direct, so here, these are some of the titles that COVID fucked up their launch, with some big titles sprinkled on top. Oh, and Zelda. Yeah, Zelda. Are we forgetting something important....? Hmm... Oh, hey Eiji Aonuma!

This is how Nintendo celebrated the 35th anniversary of Zelda in their Direct:
• ohei, Age of Calamity DLC that was presented too fast to read anything
• ohi Eiji Aonuma! No BOTW2? Boo... later this year? Okay... but wait... so no talk of it in an anniversary direct for Zelda? Huh? You announced Skyward Sword HD and a special themed Joycon outside of a dedicated Direct? Oh... are we even getting one? Yikes...

Jesus. Nintendo is Mario pandering like how GameFreak likes to pander to Gen 1 in every freaking Generation.

*inhales, exhales* I'd like to think that they're still celebrating Mario's anniversary due to COVID and will later do something with Zelda

...I'm also half expecting a tweet commemorating the franchise's 35th anniversary

The problem wasn't Skyward Sword per se, but rather, people had REASONABLE expections, like, dunno, like you mentioned: mention the freaking anniversary. Just Skyward Sword? What about a duo of WW and TP?

Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is/are the new Fighter. I laughed. I expected this the moment they put XC2 as the Direct's intro. I presumed the internet was gonna go in a meltdown.

I totally guessed splatoon 3.
They're milking that cow a lot. I presume Splatoon 4 is gonna be Switch Pro/2

But no BOTW2 news? This slow burn is a bit too slow. Come on already!
I'd like to think they're gonna go guns blazing during/after e3. Aonuma did say "later this year"

NoWay

Awards
Where is my HD collection of OOT, MM, TP and WW?
I don’t care about SS, I especially wanted the 3DS games to be remade because I hate playing Zelda on it. It’s so uncomfortable.. I really wanted to play OOT and MM on a Switch.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I especially wanted the 3DS games to be remade
I sincerely doubt they're gonna remake the 3DS entries. At most, we'll get HD Remaster.

If they were to Remake OOT, I'd rather they do something akin to FF7R int he sense that it would be one of Nintendo's most ambitious projects.

NoWay

Awards
I sincerely doubt they're gonna remake the 3DS entries. At most, we'll get HD Remaster.

If they were to Remake OOT, I'd rather they do something akin to FF7R int he sense that it would be one of Nintendo's most ambitious projects.
Oh I’m sorry, I wanted to say that I want them to be remastered. But I also like the idea of an ambitious remake of OOT. :)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Would it also be multipart? Do they do an entire game just in the Lost Woods/Kokiri Village? :p

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Would it also be multipart? Do they do an entire game just in the Lost Woods/Kokiri Village? :p
No, no. I was referring mostly to it being Nintendo's most ambitious project to date, haha. But I doubt they could divide a hypothetical Ocarine of Time Remake in several parts, let alone two. OoT Remake Episode 1: Young Link would be way too short.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
No, no. I was referring mostly to it being Nintendo's most ambitious project to date, haha. But I doubt they could divide a hypothetical Ocarine of Time Remake in several parts, let alone two. OoT Remake Episode 1: Young Link would be way too short.
Too late, my mind's already fan ficing this premise.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Too late, my mind's already fan ficing this premise.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I can see everything happening, except the Sheik sequence and the overhaul of Majora's Mask. If they were to remake MM, they would leave it as is and only upscale the graphics like that concept trailer we got close to an e3 that everyone thought was real.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I can see everything happening, except the Sheik sequence and the overhaul of Majora's Mask. If they were to remake MM, they would leave it as is and only upscale the graphics like that concept trailer we got close to an e3 that everyone thought was real.
IDK, I've been wanting a Ninja Gaiden Sheik spin-off by Team Ninja for a while now.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Takeaway #1: This will be nowhere near as in-depth as Dreams.
Takeaway #2: This will sell way more than Dreams.
Takeaway #3: It'll be a lot simpler for users to wrap their heads around than Dreams (which'll no doubt factor in it selling more).

Last edited:
Back