• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DISNEY Villains/Worlds Returning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do You Care If Dead DISNEY Villains Return (with little/no explanation)?

• YES

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • NO

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This is something that I've been thinking about for a while. There are DISNEY worlds and villains that people complain are dead or "overused" and shouldn't ever return to the KH franchise. The thing is that these timeless villains and worlds - in the game story - may have been used "recently", but in reality some of them have appeared over 10 years ago. The series has a new fanbase and newer gamers will want to experience worlds like Agrabah and Atlantica in KH3 style. Not only that, but the boss fights that are possible now is completely different from KH1.

However, there is a very vocal majority of the KH fanbase that never wants to see these worlds return. But I ask, why? Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Mulan etc. all are very popular properties, so much so that DISNEY even did live action remakes of them FOR A NEW GENERATION. If DISNEY has no problem retelling the story, then why can't these worlds be used again in future KH games WITH their villains returning? Everyone already sees the DISNEY worlds as filler, so would anyone really get mad if Jafar or Ursula just reappears with little to no explanation? I know I won't. KH already has crazier things going on, like fictional worlds and Xehanort, so why would it be so bad to revisit some of those classic worlds? They're not only classic to the KH series, but they are the most iconic DISNEY films ever made. So why would you actively want to write them off forever? I know Nomura talked about changing up the maps for the world, but I really don't think anyone would care if we visited Agrabah and it was different from KH1. I mean, Agrabah is literally different in KH2 from KH1.

RonaldPoe

Awards
I think you might actually have a good point here. Since both have an unused (in Kingdom Hearts) sequel, I could definitely see Agrabah and the Pride Lands returning without any issues. Atlantica probably won't appear again as The Little Mermaid is a great movie but has had mediocre at best levels in KH. Also Ursula has already reappeared with no explanation twice (in KH2 and the beginning of 3D).

I also think most the dead but iconic villains could easily return as Heartless bosses. It worked well for Hans and Mother Gothel in KH3. It could both bring new life into the fights while no requiring as much of an explanation. Imagine fighting the Heartless of Ursula, Shen Yu, or Frollo ...

Finally I think Scar and Jafar still have potential for interesting fights. We still haven't fought Jafar's Snake form outside of mobile games. They could also finally explain the plothole regarding Scar's Nobody by having him as a bonus boss.

Dark Rot

Awards
Yeah they should all come back. With the power of darkness, anything is possible.

The classic villains (and the movies they're from) are the best. Can't think of any interesting Disney villains from the past decade... I did like the cat-bat from Frankenweenie.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think you might actually have a good point here. Since both have an unused (in Kingdom Hearts) sequel, I could definitely see Agrabah and the Pride Lands returning without any issues. Atlantica probably won't appear again as The Little Mermaid is a great movie but has had mediocre at best levels in KH. Also Ursula has already reappeared with no explanation twice (in KH2 and the beginning of 3D).

I also think most the dead but iconic villains could easily return as Heartless bosses. It worked well for Hans and Mother Gothel in KH3. It could both bring new life into the fights while no requiring as much of an explanation. Imagine fighting the Heartless of Ursula, Shen Yu, or Frollo ...

Finally I think Scar and Jafar still have potential for interesting fights. We still haven't fought Jafar's Snake form outside of mobile games. They could also finally explain the plothole regarding Scar's Nobody by having him as a bonus boss.
Even if they don't follow the sequel plots, I think the worlds and villains can return again easily. Atlantica can work now that they've sorted out the underwater controls as seen in The Caribbean.

Having "heartless" boss fights will be perfect, since it will justify having "nobody" boss fights in the next time the villain is seen. And then you can have them recompleted and have a regular boss fight with them again. Which means that there's about 3 uses per villain going forward. It would also allow characters like Mother Gothel to get some combat in.

There needs to be a Jafar Snake fight. I would also love to see a Jafar "most powerful sorcerer in the world" fight, where he does all of the stuff he did in the movie showing off his powers.

Or they can just go in the "whatever" route and just turn characters into an enemy category, like the "Unversed Magic Mirror".

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
They already did it for a few villains in KH2 so it can definitely happen again in future titles. I want Maleficent to resurrect Hopper and Syndrome if they do a Bug's Life or Incredibles world(since they will likely do a plot after the respective films)

v4vendetta

Awards
I mean, I care if there's no explanation.
One of the things I love most about Kingdom Hearts is its stupid convoluted lore. I am the type of person that will get a cork-board and map it out.

I just know that if some villain came back from the dead with literally no explanation I would just lose my mind.
So for MY intents and purposes I'm totally cool with them bringing someone back...they just gotta come up with some reason why. Anything, doesn't matter how dumb.
I just need a reason or I'll go crazy haha

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They already did it for a few villains in KH2 so it can definitely happen again in future titles. I want Maleficent to resurrect Hopper and Syndrome if they do a Bug's Life or Incredibles world(since they will likely do a plot after the respective films)
I hope they don't skip the films for those two. I love those movies so much. And you named the two characters that would look really messed up "resurrected" after their deaths lol.
I mean, I care if there's no explanation.
One of the things I love most about Kingdom Hearts is its stupid convoluted lore. I am the type of person that will get a cork-board and map it out.

I just know that if some villain came back from the dead with literally no explanation I would just lose my mind.
So for MY intents and purposes I'm totally cool with them bringing someone back...they just gotta come up with some reason why. Anything, doesn't matter how dumb.
I just need a reason or I'll go crazy haha
How did you survive KH2's Atlantica? :p

Willow A113

Awards
I hope they don't skip the films for those two. I love those movies so much. And you named the two characters that would look really messed up "resurrected" after their deaths lol.

We didn't see what happened to her in kh1. She just shrank.

v4vendetta

Awards

Honestly I barely survive half the time. I don't know if you guys have seen Brian David Gilbert's video "Understanding Kingdom Hearts (and every other story)" but that is basically me.

We didn't see what happened to her in kh1. She just shrank.
Mostly that^ it's some heavy copium when you are trying to make sense of Kingdom Hearts.
You take all the in-world justifications you can get.

I told my GF that at some point I'm going to make a power point presentation and explain the lore to her until she understands it (I'm not allowed to move past a slide until she gets it) as a personal challenge.

v4vendetta

Awards
Good freaking luck. Has she played the games?
She's only played KH2 but she has watched a couple lets plays. She's pretty removed from some of the more complex aspects of the lore like the Ventus/Vanitas situation, as well as any of the Union X lore or Xehanort time shenanigans.
It'll be fun though and she's super smart so she'll take to it I'm sure :)

RonaldPoe

Awards
I can't really picture Syndrome's Heartless but I'm sure it'd be an entertaining fight. Someone on DeviantArt should design Heartless for some of the Disney Villains. I misread the poll and changed my vote.

Kingdom Hearts' plot is confusing and takes a long time to understand. It often plays with your expectations and is open to speculation that may age horribly (remember when we thought TAV were going to be villains?)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
With Syndrome they could BS that he activated his Zero energy field on himself which acted as a forcefield protecting him from the turbine.

The camera cutting away right before impact leaves just enough wiggle room that he could still save himself.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
With Syndrome they could BS that he activated his Zero energy field on himself which acted as a forcefield protecting him from the turbine.

The camera cutting away right before impact leaves just enough wiggle room that he could still save himself.
I guess that works. I just want a boss fight with him. I can see it going back to the old 2-stage boss fight. The first can be one-on-one with him, then he activates a giant robot (heartless) and that's the last fight.

Also, didn't Mother Gothel and Scar return in their TV shows? I think it'd be easy to have all the villains come back. Especially if the DISNEY team want to do brand new stories and not the films, that should be perfectly fine for them to resurrect whichever character they need and go from there. I'm hoping for more DISNEY worlds used like Monstropolis. Why hasn't ANY main villain gone to Agrabah for a genie!? I would think, at the very least, Xehanort would have been interested in how that magic worked.

disney233

Awards
Also, didn't Mother Gothel and Scar return in their TV shows?
I'm...pretty sure they both just came back through flashbacks or illusions. Not like...living form. I know that's Gothel's case but idk about Scar.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm...pretty sure they both just came back through flashbacks or illusions. Not like...living form. I know that's Gothel's case but idk about Scar.
In The Lion Guard, he was resurrected by a roar or something. He was a ghostly apparition from what I can tell. Either way, darkness can do anything in KH.

disney233

Awards
In The Lion Guard, he was resurrected by a roar or something. He was a ghostly apparition from what I can tell. Either way, darkness can do anything in KH.
That's....not living-form like I said, but ok. In any case, idk man. If that's the case, then we may as well see all 13 darknesses try to retake Kingdom Hearts again. Ansem and Xemnas' death would be meaningless, but...hey.

Back