• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
@Blenderudit, they aren’t normally crazy rich, but they make some solid money per gig. It isn’t money but popularity that becomes the drug and that influence one wields because of that popularity that becomes dangerous.

Some VAs do find good lawyers, or at least decent ones that aren’t expensive but still do solid work. In the case of BOF, the case wasn’t about QF’/ behavior being real or not, but rather QF feeling that the attention of BOF actions put him in danger.

The US legal system is all sorts of complex and filled with all sorts of characters, so I’m not going to speak about a VA “tweaking” the judicial system, but I will say that the system is not built to protect the innocent...

This thread's totally okay with ending the careers of people it finds disgusting. Let's just cancel all the VAs and replace them with text boxes you have to click through like the old days. It'd save the developers money too.

Well for one thing, QF is already mostly retired. He’s really not getting fired from anything that he himself wasn’t already stepping away from to begin with.

Second, people who wield their popularity or power for ulterior gains, especially sex, do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I haven’t seen a single person come out in support of Flynn or defend his character. At the same time news about Flynn broke, news about James Arnold Taylor came out about his Parlor account. Many trustworthy people came out quite quickly to stand up for him and his character.

The silence from him, the silence from his colleagues, and the subtle snubbing of Flynn by the MGS crew by not having him join their reunion stream or the fact that he was replaced in NMH3 speaks volumes. If the evidence wasn’t enough to convince you otherwise, perhaps let that aid you in your understanding of the situation.

And idk, I’m not feeling charitable toward a guy who liked QAnon conspiracies that pinned the attempted insurrection of the US Capitol on the liberal Antifa boogeyman the GOP is so afraid of.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Yes yes yes, 100 times yes, Another truth bomb delivered by Oracle Spockanort!
You know, that's one of the things that I dislike the most about celebrities, so much clout just goes straight to some of their heads. Need I remind anyone of the atrocities Shane Dawson committed when he was making videos?

And to be honest the thing about QF not being defended is hilarious to me. After all, he was "everyone's favorite organization member, too popular to get rid of". One would think that'd afford him a single person. Glad it doesn't.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
This thread's totally okay with ending the careers of people it finds disgusting. Let's just cancel all the VAs and replace them with text boxes you have to click through like the old days. It'd save the developers money too.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. If you aren't...

I genuinely believe that someone's career that isn't super active anyway is nowhere near comparable to psychological and sexual harm to others. There are plenty of evidence towards this guy. I'd rather Axel have a voice sounding like effing Donald Duck than to keep paying Flynn, who is using his status to manipulate fans anyway.

I hate this side of the argument.

May-Jor

Awards
At this point, I'd rather he'd be replaced since his roles are the reason all of this was even able to happen in the first place. Flynn's association with characters like Reno, Axel, or Raiden make up 100% of the influence he has. It would a be a whole different story if he voiced, I dunno Pete. Same with DSP or every other ghoulish-looking VA who uses the hot anime men they voice as a crutch. He was basically advertising himself to very impressionable fans with the characters' images like: "If we keep the lights off it'll be like you're actually getting pounded by Axel!!!".

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Someone having a Parler account and holding different views somehow justifies having his job cancelled is different from a drunk guy acting up in front of fans.

It wasn't because he had the Parler account but what was being shared on his account (i.e. some of the posts that showed up on the account were racist posts). Regardless, my point is that he had a lot of trustworthy people standing up for his character as a good person. Haven't seen a single bit of that for Flynn.

Flynn isn't really a drunk guy acting out in front of his fans, but allegedly a guy seeking out fans he finds attractive and flirting with them with the intent to have sex with them and has flirted/kissed underaged fans in the past.

If Flynn was just getting drunk and making a fool of himself, nobody would give a shit. Hayley Joel Osment had a DUI and nobody gave a shit about that.

WaltK

Awards
It wasn't because he had the Parler account but what was being shared on his account (i.e. some of the posts that showed up on the account were racist posts). Regardless, my point is that he had a lot of trustworthy people standing up for his character as a good person. Haven't seen a single bit of that for Flynn.
Wha...?

He’s signed up to a blogging site that caters exclusively to alt-right, racist, antisemitic, conspiracy nuts and has shared posts that exemplifies those very views.

But apart from that he’s regarded as a “good person”?

Fuck that.

EDIT: this isn’t meant as an attack on you, as you’re just relaying the facts (the fact being that people are coming out and defending him), but considering what said people are defending, I find it hard to accept that said people are “trustworthy”.

EDIT x2: never mind. Thanks for clearing all that up for me, Spockenort.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wha...?

He’s signed up to a blogging site that caters exclusively to alt-right, racist, antisemitic, conspiracy nuts and has shared posts that exemplifies those very views.

But apart from that he’s regarded as a “good person”?

Fuck that.

EDIT: for the record, I’m not saying that as an attack on you, as you’re just relaying the facts (the fact being that people are coming out and defending him), but I find it hard to accept that these people are anywhere near “trustworthy” considering what they’re defending.

JAT claims that the shared/"echoed" posts were not shared by him and that he is absolutely not that kind of person, and a lot of people like Mark Hamill (who I do find to be trustworthy) came out and stood up for him.

It's hard to know what is true or not. I've staunchly decided overall to not give two shits about any of these VAs unless they prove they ARE good people.

WaltK

Awards
Now I’m confused.

Are you saying that Parlor just has bots that share posts on your behalf without warning, or is it like Facebook where other people post on your wall or whatever?

Furthermore, if JAT truly isn’t any of those things, why is he on Parlor to begin with? Unless the account is fake?

EDIT:

Okay, I’ll let him off. Sorry for getting so angry before.

Last edited:
Awards
I still can't believe I have to deal with two VAs who voice characters I love being bad people.

Quinton with all his BS, and Reuben Langdon with his BS by way of justifying the Capitol attacks.

It's a good thing I live by seperating the character from the actor.

And even then, I'd rather have the voices replaced than have the characters be tainted by the reputations of their VAs.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Now I’m confused.

Are you saying that Parlor just has bots that share posts on your behalf without warning, or is it like Facebook where other people post on your wall or whatever?

Furthermore, if JAT truly isn’t any of those things, why is he on Parlor to begin with? Unless the account is fake?

EDIT:

Okay, I’ll let him off. Sorry for getting so angry before.

Lol no don't worry. Nobody really knows what to think. Again, I've personally settled on not admiring or caring about any VAs unless they have shown themselves to be genuinely good. JAT definitely hasn't done that imo, and the people who have come out to defend him are good people but that doesn't mean they'd know 100% if he wasn't racist and a COVID denier or not.

But yeah, I was just using him as an example. At least there is a small benefit of the doubt there with JAT. I don't think that is the case with QF.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This is why I never cared to know any voice actors besides Haley, David and Hayden :'(

I'm just going to go back to being oblivious to who voices who. So that if this (hopefully doesn't) happens again, I won't feel icky listening to that character.

PikaPal

Awards
I'd rather Axel have a voice sounding like effing Donald Duck
Now this I'd pay to see.

ROXAS: "Hey Axel, what's up with that voice of yours recently?"
*Axel speaks Donald Duck language.*
ROXAS: "Axel, I can't even understand a word you're saying."

Wanderlust

Awards
Again, similar to my previous post: on a long enough timeline, the only thing we'll deserving of getting in the end are text boxes. By the time Kingdom Hearts is over with, every VA will probably be MeToo'd or cancelled for whatever reason that fans are uncomfortable with and fans will be totally okay with that. This goes for every other piece of media as well. It's the hip trend. I steer clear of the personal and political lives of actors because I don't care what they do; they're there to entertain. If some people can't do that, then that's there M.O. "Abuse of power", like, when was it unanimously agreed upon that being an actor was a position of power? I must've missed the memo, lol. Anyway, cancel-culture is a cancer compounding on people's mistakes and abuses and just ruins their lives further. People are human. Men are horny. All you got to do is turn off social media. It's best if Quintin just shuts up for a while. Pretty sure even if he tried to explain himself and apologize, he'd dig himself into a deeper hole because the fans wouldn't accept it.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Again, similar to my previous post: on a long enough timeline, the only thing we'll deserving of getting in the end are text boxes. By the time Kingdom Hearts is over with, every VA will probably be MeToo'd or cancelled for whatever reason that fans are uncomfortable with and fans will be totally okay with that. This goes for every other piece of media as well. It's the hip trend. I steer clear of the personal and political lives of actors because I don't care what they do; they're there to entertain. If some people can't do that, then that's there M.O. "Abuse of power", like, when was it unanimously agreed upon that being an actor was a position of power? I must've missed the memo, lol. Anyway, cancel-culture is a cancer compounding on people's mistakes and abuses and just ruins their lives further. People are human. Men are horny. All you got to do is turn off social media. It's best if Quintin just shuts up for a while. Pretty sure even if he tried to explain himself and apologize, he'd dig himself into a deeper hole because the fans wouldn't accept it.

I don't think things are this black and white. Celebrities can abuse power and it has taken MANY years for a lot of them to be exposed because of how hard it is for sexual assault victims to prove their case. I agree that cancel culture can be harmful, but it is just as harmful to dismiss victims and pass every single instance of inappropriate behavior as "men being horny."

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Your profile pic is Ven, but we all know it should be Axel - right Quinton?

WaltK

Awards
"Abuse of power", like, when was it unanimously agreed upon that being an actor was a position of power? I must've missed the memo, lol.
The “power” Quinton has is to attract fans who love the characters he voices, who he then preys on.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Bumping this now that we've seen how other developers are holding him accountable.

He will not be reprising his role as Henry Cooldown in No More Heroes 3:

And even more impressive is that Blizzard has scrubbed him from WoW. Not only have they recasted his character but they've also replaced all of his recordings with new audio:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back