• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else, like... in LOVE with KH MoM?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DestinyIslander

Awards
I mean it might just be me because I love rhythm games and Yoko Shimomura’s music (plus it’s a KH game on the Nintendo Switch, so it was kind of a no-brainer for me), but legit this has seriously been the most fun I’ve had with a video game since FFVII Remake!

Foxycian

Awards
Really? Everywhere I go I’m just seeing people being indifferent to it.
I’m guessing most of the negative comment because of how incomplete the game feels, for example

1. You can’t switch the leader of each trio to your liking, which honestly feels lazy cause Square could have easily done that, everyone wants to use their favorites as their leaders but we are forced to be stuck with only Sora Riku Aqua Roxas

2. Lack of music, this game has soo much music but there are songs and musics that fans love that aren’t in the game

3. lack of Bosses, like seriously why only four?

4. Unable to switch keyblades and outfits, this one isn’t crucial but all the characters at one point had one or two or even three Outfits to switch into, so why couldn’t we given the option to at least change our keyblade our outfits?

the Game is good and liked by Many, but it could have still been better.

Edit: I forgot to mention reason number 5

5. cause the story didn’t kick off until the end, and most say the story should have been part of re:mind instead of its own full game

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think the general feeling towards this game is positive. It's a fun rhythm game and one I actually like to pick up and play from time to time.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I mean it might just be me because I love rhythm games and Yoko Shimomura’s music (plus it’s a KH game on the Nintendo Switch, so it was kind of a no-brainer for me), but legit this has seriously been the most fun I’ve had with a video game since FFVII Remake!
Me too!

Check out the MoM highlights thread. There's lots of love there :D

EDIT: I sound like a bot lol, but I mean it.

Last edited:

PikaPal

Awards
It looks like a pretty fun game from what I've seen. I haven't gotten round to getting it yet because while it does look like a cool novelty to add to my collection, it is most certainly not worth the full retail price hence why I'm waiting to get it for cheaper.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I love the game, too. When I talk about other things that could've been included, I don't really think of it as a diss. More of a "I wish this was here so I could play it, too." If they could've included the Symphony of Sorcery music somehow, or "Let's Sing and Dance" and "Isn't It Lovely" from KH2 Atlantica, and all the opening / closing themes, orchestra music, etc., it would've been glorious and addictive to play all those. The ability to change outfits for Riku and Sora would've been nice, but it's no big deal to me.

I actually don't even care about bosses, although I understand why others do. A lot of people like combat more than anything else, I guess. I did think the other day how fun it would be if there'd been a boss of Dragon Maleficent prior to Ansem SOD. And how they could've had boss tracks that were done a little differently in some cases than the fights against one villain, like if you fought multiple of the lesser villains combined together. To give an example of what I mean by that, you know how in the bosses you would fight once, then defend, fight again, defend again, then fight one last time? For KH1, you could have a boss track with "The Deep End" near the end of those worlds where you fight Genie Jafar, defend, then Giant Ursula appears and you fight her, defend, then finally you fight Hades and defend. That would include some of the players of each villain group without putting everyone in there. For CoM, you could have one that combines Axel, Vexen, and Larxene (and then a solo battle against Marluxia). For KH2, you'd fight Xaldin, Saix, and Xigbar, for example, before the Xemnas solo battle. Or perhaps change villains when you're defending, too, so you could fit more in there (fight Xaldin, defend from Luxord, fight Saix, defend from Demyx, fight Xigbar last)? It would've been a really fun way to get all the notable faces in there.

I hope maybe in the future there will be a sequel perhaps that includes some of what wasn't there along with new music from KH3 and the games after it. :)

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
I liked the world tour and playing as the wayfinder trio, and some songs. Everything else is eh.....

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is the first time Kingdom Hearts is getting itself involved with the rhythm game genre so it stands to reason that it'd be one of the most polarising games. Still, it's an impressive game packed full of content and it's multiplatform.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I love it too, it was fun to get the Platinum Trophy but as mentioned above there were quite a few things I would have loved they added to the game like changeable outfits. I'm so tired of KH1 Sora model at this point lol.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Really? Everywhere I go I’m just seeing people being indifferent to it.

It's because the KH fanbase isn't really a fanbase that plays many rhythm games from what I've seen, plus the fact that they feel like they're paying $60 for one new cutscene with lore (Even though Nomura and Square said multiple times that the main point of MoM is for the rhythm game aspect...). Plus some feel like Kairi continues to get sidelined, even though given the context, it would've made zero sense for Kairi to all of a sudden just be super confident and some crazy powerhouse that can solo the strongest character to date.

But largely, people enjoy the game when they take it for what it's meant to be. ReMind came out in the same year (crazy to think about), so getting two new Kingdom Hearts experiences to enjoy is incredible.

PrettyGuard

Awards
I love it! When I played this for an hour the first time. My first impressions were that this is a stellar music/rhythm game. With a presentation that's a cut above the genre norm, which is usually just notes dropping in front of a still background image. I haven't had any regret eversince.

Back