• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► ATLA/Legend of Korra | Avatar Studios launches, headed by Bryan and Michael, to create animated feature film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
A new comic series Avatar: The Last Airbender—Chibi, aim at very young readers and set to kick off in July 2021 with a first book titled Aang's Unfreezing Day. The title refers to the fact that Aang forgot his birthday while being frozen in his iceberg for 100 years. To make up for it, Katara, Toph, Sokka, and Zuko plan to surprise him with a new special day to celebrate.

Arriving on Sept. 7, 2021. Celebrated children's author Kelly Leigh Miller (I am a Wolf; I Love My Fangs) teams with Avatar fandom favorite artist Diana Sim and series writer Tim Hedrick to bring this Avatar story to life for young readers and their families.

51+Y6wp0ilL._SX346_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Preordered xD it looks so charming

Lulcy

Awards
Two pieces of news:

#1 - The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook Collection)

Is officially out, priced at $97.77, limited print of 10,000 units.

#2 - ATLA live-action production start date, location and showrunner confirmed.

This news comes from Production Weekly, an official film industry paid-subscription publication that lists current and upcoming productions (for the purposes of applying to jobs, for example). This is a legitimate industry source and so this news can be considered confirmed.

The show will start filming on Vancouver (Canada) on August 16th, 2021. Showrunner will be Albert Kim, he had the following credits:
  • Sleepy Hollow - executive producer, writer
  • Nikita (2010) - co-executive producer, writer
  • Leverage (2008) - executive story editor, writer
  • Dirt (2007) - writer

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is it still happening even though Bryke left and Paramount launched Avatar Studio? I feel like they lost a lot of fan support the moment Brian and Michael left the project. Netflix has also kind of been silent on it since that announcement.

Netflix hasn’t been silent at all. The reason this thread was bumped was because of the show:

Two pieces of news:

#1 - The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook Collection)

Is officially out, priced at $97.77, limited print of 10,000 units.

#2 - ATLA live-action production start date, location and showrunner confirmed.

This news comes from Production Weekly, an official film industry paid-subscription publication that lists current and upcoming productions (for the purposes of applying to jobs, for example). This is a legitimate industry source and so this news can be considered confirmed.

The show will start filming on Vancouver (Canada) on August 16th, 2021. Showrunner will be Albert Kim, he had the following credits:
  • Sleepy Hollow - executive producer, writer
  • Nikita (2010) - co-executive producer, writer
  • Leverage (2008) - executive story editor, writer
  • Dirt (2007) - writer

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Is it still happening even though Bryke left and Paramount launched Avatar Studio? I feel like they lost a lot of fan support the moment Brian and Michael left the project. Netflix has also kind of been silent on it since that announcement.
I don't know a lot about the film/tv industry, but I'm pretty sure that, since they are ready to film, the script and actors have already been set in stone. In other words, money has already been laid out in a budget. There's a reason most shows are canceled before anything concrete is finalized: once money starts flowing you have to commit or face a loss.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Netflix hasn’t been silent at all. The reason this thread was bumped was because of the show:
Ah I guess i let my personal bias color my view here. Though none of my usual spots have mentioned anything on it for a long time.

I don't know a lot about the film/tv industry, but I'm pretty sure that, since they are ready to film, the script and actors have already been set in stone. In other words, money has already been laid out in a budget. There's a reason most shows are canceled before anything concrete is finalized: once money starts flowing you have to commit or face a loss.
Yeah, though that does seem like a bit of a sunk cost fallacy.

Still i can see why they'd try and push forward, the series is pretty popular. Though with how skeptical people are to a live action adaption, I do wonder how successful it can be.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Huh another "The art of the animated series" how does the second edition differ from the first? Besides the cover.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Lulcy

Awards
Nickelodeon launching Avatar: The Last Airbender (and SpongeBob Squarepants) podcasts.

Details:
  • Avatar: Braving the Elements hosted by original series voice talent Janet Varney and Dante Basco.
  • 40 episodes long.
  • Premieres June 22, 2021.
  • They will re-watch every episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender and break down key themes, notable battles, and behind-the-scenes trivia.
  • Special guests from cast members to producers will join them to explore elements of the Avatarverse, including the origins of the story and how Avatar was brought to life.
  • Available across iHeartRadio, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube and wherever podcasts are found.

Back