• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think we will ever get a 358/2 Days remake?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Honestly I just really want a remake of 358/2 Days as it would be awesome to have the full game playable again instead of being just a movie plus I think it would be a lot of fun to play on current consoles and play as all the Organization XIII members again, perhaps they could turn mission mode into some online multiplayer maybe it could be something similar to how Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles remastered work where you select your character and search for games that anyone can join or you could host a game and people could join while your working through the mission and just like Crystal Chronicles it would have a limit to 4 players for each game plus they could add a option where you could choose to make your game invite only so you could play with your friends.

I know it would be a lot of work since they would have to remake everything but I think Square would still make a good profit out of it in the end as I think it would have good sales especially if it was released as part of a collection. Although if the remake ever did happen I would want it to be after Phase 2 was finished.

So I was wondering what does everyone else think would you want to see the game be remastered or not?

redcrown

Awards
I really hope not, unless they made a completely new version without Xion and stuck to what the plot was supposed to be according to KH2/FM, which will never happen.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
No, if only because a remake to the standard that people expect in this day and age would set off an unfortunate chain reaction as fans demand additional remakes of other games at the same quality. Then once those remakes are done they'll want new remakes of the remakes and so on while video games continue to evolve and become bigger and grander. I don't want us to be stuck in this endless loop of remakes when the devs have been so eager to leave that first saga behind.

I also don't see any benefit in remaking this game now when it's the most self-contained one in the series and seemingly has no bearing on the next phase. Better to use the resources for something that moves us forward.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I rather those resources be used for other titles.

Days and Coded always felt unneccesary to me. If you wanted to bring Roxas back than just make that the game, I didn't need Days to build that up for me. The only parts of Days that worked is the Lea/Isa stuff so just give them a spinoff.

Xion suffers from a bad first impression but I think you could fix her in a new spinoff than redoing Days. Unlike BBS and it's story problems, Days was screwed from the start.

Just start fresh and move forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soldier

Awards
As much as I hunger for another multiplayer experience, this is unlikely to happen. Plus, you've got to remember, Remaking days means remaking a game in which Quinton Flynn (former VA for Axel, current scum of the earth) or the replacement for him will have to play a large role in. And believe me, we've had ENOUGH of Axel for a few years.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I'd really rather not. The Dark Seeker saga just concluded and I really don't want to see it back until AT LEAST Phase 2 concludes, of which we still have 2 games in the works and they're most likely going to be preludes rather than a numbered title unless it's something ridiculous like KH 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286(you get the point).

Vulpes XIII

Awards
As much as I hunger for another multiplayer experience, this is unlikely to happen. Plus, you've got to remember, Remaking days means remaking a game in which Quinton Flynn (former VA for Axel, current scum of the earth) or the replacement for him will have to play a large role in. And believe me, we've had ENOUGH of Axel for a few years.
I was just thinking how good the game would of been if it was remade because I was playing mission mode earlier today, but I forgot that a Days remake would most likely mean that Quinton Flynn would have to be involved.

I don’t want the remake anymore if he has to be involved in it in any way as I never want to hear his voice in anything ever again.

Soldier

Awards
I was just thinking how good the game would of been if it was remade because I was playing mission mode earlier today, but I forgot that a Days remake would most likely mean that Quinton Flynn would have to be involved.

I don’t want the remake anymore if he has to be involved in it in any way as I never want to hear his voice in anything ever again.
You're preaching to the choir, Same here. It wouldn't be that much of an issue if he was, say a minor character. But given that he's ON THE FREAKING BOX it'll be hard to avoid him. Nomura's really got his work cut out for him if he wants to keep using the character as I can't really see anyone enjoying his presence from here on out unless the new VA is a saint.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Nah because Nomura would alter the story and add something unnecessary to an already perfect story.

Like the old saying goes, "Let sleeping dogs lie."

Grey Skies

Awards
I think there's more than a small chance of it being remade eventually. The game made money, is a cult classic, and the manga adaptation made money and is also a cult classic. There's even a novelization and an animated version that aren't entirely obscure. The gameplay design is already (shakily) complete, the plot is already written, most of the voice acting is already done in Japanese and English, the music is already done, the models and textures are all done. Square Enix and Disney are obviously not allergic to revisiting the old PS2 style of 3D KH graphics. I think it's absurd to think we will never get a remake, but I would definitely expect it to have visuals similar to the remade cutscenes.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
You're preaching to the choir, Same here. It wouldn't be that much of an issue if he was, say a minor character. But given that he's ON THE FREAKING BOX it'll be hard to avoid him. Nomura's really got his work cut out for him if he wants to keep using the character as I can't really see anyone enjoying his presence from here on out unless the new VA is a saint.
I've seen a lot of people saying the new Reno VA in FF7 Remake could take it. Would be funny, as that was the same role Quinton had before Axel originally. And I haven't heard of that guy being a scumbag, so would be nice.

I still wouldn't want a remake of Days though for the same reason as Oracle Spockanort above: once one game gets a high quality remake, fans will ask for more. Just ask the Pokemon fanbase, which begs for remakes constantly then complains when they don't live up to the hype or they immediately ask for the next one. They wonder why the games are so low quality but still demand a new one every year.

I personally enjoyed Days. I pretty much had no other video games to play when that game came out, rough part of my life, and I hadn't played 2 yet so it was just nice to have more KH. In fact the gameplay felt like an extension of 1 and CoM, so I hadn't really thought of it as inferior at the time. And I didn't hate Xion as a character. But the gameplay was pretty subpar, and the playable Org members, while a cool concept, was actually not that great in hindsight (idk, I never had anyone to play with). The best part of the game was the story (which was apparently very hit or miss for fans of edgy Roxas from 2) and we have that in cutscenes form.

I'd love for a modern crack at the multiplayer aspect in Unreal Engine though, with proper KH3- level gameplay. That'd be awesome. Probably a pipe dream though.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I really hope not, unless they made a completely new version without Xion and stuck to what the plot was supposed to be according to KH2/FM, which will never happen.

Well seeing as that is the plot of Days and it had major ramifications for the games that came after that is not going to happen.

Anyways. As much as I would love to see this game remastered I think at this point it is more prudent to focus on titles after the Xehanort Saga. The 'film' is all we are going to get.

Willow A113

Awards
While I agree that Axel's role should be minimal and Quinton should stop playing him, I doubt it would happen. The Japanese actor is as far as I know a good guy, and that's all Nomura cares about. Also, if days were remade, Quinton Flynn wouldn't even have to record new lines if they didn't want him to. They could just use the lines already recorded.
Of course, they could just hire Reno's new actor for Axel, and then nothing would have to change and people might start liking the character again.
Whatever happens, I doubt Axel will get less of a role in the future, and if days were remade it would be no different than a phase 2- game featuring the character.
Just my two cents.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
While I agree that Axel's role should be minimal and Quinton should stop playing him, I doubt it would happen. The Japanese actor is as far as I know a good guy, and that's all Nomura cares about. Also, if days were remade, Quinton Flynn wouldn't even have to record new lines if they didn't want him to. They could just use the lines already recorded.
Of course, they could just hire Reno's new actor for Axel, and then nothing would have to change and people might start liking the character again.
Whatever happens, I doubt Axel will get less of a role in the future, and if days were remade it would be no different than a phase 2- game featuring the character.
Just my two cents.
Keiji Fujiwara passed away last year so Axel would need a recast regardless if the character isn't outright retired.

Public opinion of Axel dropping isn't solely due to Flynn's behavior though. Many people feel that his character has been going downhill ever since he was recompleted, and in my opinion, KH3 proved that he has vastly overstayed his welcome.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean, they brought Chain of Memories to the PS2 and I don't think there were any story changes right? They even kept the gameplay mostly the same.

Willow A113

Awards
Keiji Fujiwara passed away last year so Axel would need a recast regardless if the character isn't outright retired.

Public opinion of Axel dropping isn't solely due to Flynn's behavior though. Many people feel that his character has been going downhill ever since he was recompleted, and in my opinion, KH3 proved that he has vastly overstayed his welcome.
Well, then I guess they could recast him and minimize his role.
But there's no way he's not going to appear in the future because of the subject x storyline that Nomura set up and he's always with Roxas and Xion who will also undoubtedly be important characters in the future.

Soldier

Awards
Well, then I guess they could recast him and minimize his role.
But there's no way he's not going to appear in the future because of the subject x storyline that Nomura set up and he's always with Roxas and Xion who will also undoubtedly be important characters in the future.
That sucks that this is all based on Nomura's decision, the man clearly is losing his grasp on the series. And no matter how much we complain, nothing will change.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Frankly I'm not convinced those "plans" are going to stick.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Honestly, they should've just emulated the DS versions in the collections. The games actually look fairly decent in HD:

Sure, I'd prefer a remake, a re imagining even, I got a massive list of changes I want to see concerning gameplay, multiplayer, leveling, magic, more playable characters in story mode (it's the main hook of the game, why are we only Roxas?), but if that ain't in the cards then at least give us the original version.

Last edited:

PrettyGuard

Awards
Not sure, because of too much work I guess. The others already existed as ps2/psp versions and didn't take too much work to put on ps3 and ps4. They should have totally reworked the game to put it on latest consoles.

Back