• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH1 is the best game in the series because

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grey Skies

Awards
It's the best game ever because you can press triangle to make your party members attack. And they made it even better in the remaster! Now you can do special attacks with the same button. It's truly the best.

kaseykockroach

Awards
It's the best game ever because you can press triangle to make your party members attack. And they made it even better in the remaster! Now you can do special attacks with the same button. It's truly the best.
Don’t they attack anyway though? Or is it so they’ll specifically attack what you’re locked onto? Was never quite sure.

Grey Skies

Awards
It makes them do physical attacks on whatever you're locked onto. The best use I've found for it is having the party attack Kurt Zisa's shield to drop MP bubbles. Donald might otherwise use magic and break Kurt Zisa's shield before you have an opportunity to refill your MP. Although I was being sarcastic before, it really wasn't a bad feature in KH1. It's just that it was not thought out very well. I would have preferred there to be multiple party commands in the slot where the special attacks were on PS2, and then special attacks put on triangle like in the remaster. Still, I can't remember a single other KH game that allowed the player to command the party in real time like this. It was a good idea.

Another reason KH1 is totally the very best is that you could press R3 instead of X to execute commands. Nothing like mashing a stick to fight. It was truly the best feature of the best game.

Grey Skies

Awards
Sora's voice fit his model.
This actually wasn't exactly the case in the French and German dubs, in which Sora was voiced by a 20-year-old and a 16-year old. I think the voice directors in these languages went off of Sora's canonical age rather than just his appearance, because they could obviously have hired younger actors. Here Sora sounds more like a 14-year-old than in the Japanese or English dubs. I'd actually say the French dub was the best KH has ever seen overall, and Donald Reignoux is my personal favorite VA for Sora. Unfortunately the delectable French dubs aren't coming back.

Back