• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General ► Miami Beach curfew doesn't work for spring breakers, cops called in.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

One of the things that happens in these months is a little something called spring break. I don't know if this happens oveseas, but in America most high schools/colleges give students a week or two off where the main idea is to get drunk and engage in all sorts of crazy shenanigans in a warm beach area (typically Florida, South Carolina, etc.). Now, these partiers often do extreme things during these events, mostly because of the influence of alcohol and other substances, and they act for lack of a better word, like morons. Because of the recent pandemic however encouraging people to NOT gather in large groups, having large parties like this is ill advised. But some college students do this anyways because it's the land of the free and we all suffer for it, engaging in things like the toilet bowl challenge last spring and shirking the mask mandate. And as a consequence, most colleges in 2021 (mine included) decided to forgo spring break and just add an extra week to winter break and the week that would be spring break would be regular classes. But that apparently didn't include EVERY college, as miami beach had to enforce a curfew to limit exposure. When that didn't work and people protested, the police got involved and pepper balled the crowd.

It's times like this that I hate being a college student, because we're all lumped in the crowd when people do dumb stuff like this. Not every college student is like this! If I had sprng break, I would do what I usually do on the weekends: Relax, play some games eat and sleep. I don't go anywhere, I don't bother anyone and all my enjoyment is spent within my house. So if you want my opinion on this, they got what they deserved. We're in a pandemic right now and even though vaccines exist I know for CERTAIN none of them have been vaccinated. So even though there are people resistant to the virus, it's important to enforce the mandate. What do you all think of this situation? I'm curious.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I've never really understood the appeal of spring break. But I don't like crowds or alcohl so that's probably why. It does suck that people cant go without for a year or two, creating a super spreader event.

That said, i also find it rediculous, how many older people are shaking their heads and complaining about the collage aged crowd not taking it seriously, when many super spreader events are held and attended by middle aged to old people.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
When we had spring break, I stayed in town and worked in the computer lab so I could get paid and have study time at the same time.

I don’t understand the culture at all, and with the pandemic I understand it even less. Like sure let’s just have another superspreader event. Sounds like a fun time for sure all for the fleeting memory of being high and drunk for a week.

Soldier

Awards
When we had spring break, I stayed in town and worked in the computer lab so I could get paid and have study time at the same time.

I don’t understand the culture at all, and with the pandemic I understand it even less. Like sure let’s just have another superspreader event. Sounds like a fun time for sure all for the fleeting memory of being high and drunk for a week.
Then when they're finished with their spree on mummy and daddy's dime, they return home and become a vector for the virus we've been adamantly fighting against for a year now.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Adult here. Wtf is a spring break?

Honestly, I wouldn’t let their decisions affect you. If they want to party and chance getting the virus, then let them. I don’t advise hanging with people you know who do this for a while.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
My spring break I either stayed home or in college, went home to chillax and eat good food before going back to college. I've never been much of a party person.

I mean sure, it would be nice to go to a beach to relax for a few days, but I don't get the drinking and partying side of things and sometimes wrecking things along the way.

Just the thought of being around that many people at once gives me the heebe jeebies.

Soldier

Awards
Spockanort and Kira speak the truth! That's how I typically spend my breaks, relaxing or getting some stuff done!
Adult here. Wtf is a spring break?

Honestly, I wouldn’t let their decisions affect you. If they want to party and chance getting the virus, then let them. I don’t advise hanging with people you know who do this for a while.
You've never heard of spring break? Seriously? Never thought I'd meet someone who doesn't know what it is.
It affects me because it's another poor reflection on college students, and actively encourages this kind of behavior in the future. Remember, it is THEIR FAULT that most schools lost the privilege to have spring break in the first place. If this persists during the next pandemic (whenever that is) and if it spreads faster than COVID did, then this could easily cause a lot of disease spreading.

D

Deleted member 246005

I understand the idea of Spring break but grew up in a muslim family so it was a no go.

This is a larger issue with the US. It's about how to deal with the Quarantine and the reality of Covid-19. I find unless you see the effects of it or know someone whose had it you are less likely to take it seriously.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
History repeat itself, as they say

00xp-virus-1918masks-anti-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
I just don't get it either. Like Fauci said, we are not in the endzone yet so why would you spike the ball on the 10 yard line?

We had the rate of infection and death declining until states started scaling back restrictions. Now there's a possibility we could lose all of this progress: experts are saying another wave could happen.

People just could not wait a little while longer or at least until you're fully vaccinated. It's amazing.

Soldier

Awards
I just don't get it either. Like Fauci said, we are not in the endzone yet so why would you spike the ball on the 10 yard line?

We had the rate of infection and death declining until states started scaling back restrictions. Now there's a possibility we could lose all of this progress: experts are saying another wave could happen.

People just could not wait a little while longer or at least until you're fully vaccinated. It's amazing.
That's what happens when some college students are given some leeway. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile, give them spring break in the middle of a pandemic and they'll throw parties in the street to protest. These kids have been cooped up with nowhere to go and likely saw the declining numbers as the perfect excuse to party. Though when they're dying of the virus, they only have themselves to blame.

Back