• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: "There is no connection between" Kingdom Hearts III and NEO: TWEWY

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ayurai

Awards
First, Kingdom hearts is already a cross over, i dont think kingdom hearts gonna enter others universe (like TWEWY) BUT TWEWY can enter, and already have in kh3d, as Cloud Squall and others are in kingdom hearts.. but they're different from their original universe.. and have their own story in kingdom hearts.
So obviously , Kingdom hearts there is nothing to do with NEO, but not necessary the other way around .

Both questions was about NEO have something from kingdom hearts, or some kind of continuation of kh... which isnt.

Other thing is, kingdom hearts is already a nomura-verse... ffs....

and what this conversation about "thank god" people cannot see something just because its fun? i dont get it all the bs wrote here.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
and what this conversation about "thank god" people cannot see something just because its fun? i dont get it all the bs wrote here.
idk what you're trying to insinuate but the point is that everyone needs to take a chill pill and reevaluate

Last edited:

Odinfrost

Awards
So... No one is going to mention that the phrasing (at least when translated to english) is the exact same he used about the relation between Kairi and Namine?
How did that end up again?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So... No one is going to mention that the phrasing (at least when translated to english) is the exact same he used about the relation between Kairi and Namine?
How did that end up again?

I did, I just didn’t mention the phrasing, just that he did this with them lol

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
While I've never really given any thought to there being a crossover between KH & TWEWY with the exception of what happened in 3D, I'm calling bullshit on Nomura's response right now given how he's such a top tier troll. I'm not saying that on his ENTIRE response, but I wouldn't be surprised if there IS some sort of connection between the two just not in anyway the fans are thinking of. I mean look at what he did with FF7R, up to the release of part one he and everyone else on the team that got interviewed were saying, "It's JUST a remake, there's NOTHING that being changed or added!" then SURPRISE!!! WE'VE PUT SOME WEIRD, CONVOLUTED GHOST SPECTER THINGIES INTO THE GAME AND SEPHI IS TRYING TO AVOID HIS DEATH AT THE END OF THE GAME AND THERE'S A DIMENSION WHERE ZACK AND CLOUD MAKE IT TO MIDGAR TOGETHER!!! xD

GibbsJ

Awards
Honestly, nomura has proven himself to be a giant liar, but I don't think he's lying about this. One thing we have to take into account is that Nomura isn't the director of NTWEWY. hell, he wasn't even the director of og TWEWY. He just does character designs. He doesn't have the authority to say how things go on the writing side like he does in KH.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Honestly, nomura has proven himself to be a giant liar, but I don't think he's lying about this. One thing we have to take into account is that Nomura isn't the director of NTWEWY. hell, he wasn't even the director of og TWEWY. He just does character designs.
He’s the creative producer of the franchise lol he might not be directing but he’s definitely way more involved than you think. He’s the one giving a lot of the orders in terms of the story.

And character design work is more than art for Nomura usually. It tends to also involve the actual story/background/personality design as well.

GibbsJ

Awards
He’s the creative producer of the franchise lol he might not be directing but he’s definitely way more involved than you think. He’s the one giving a lot of the orders in terms of the story.

And character design work is more than art for Nomura usually. It tends to also involve the actual story/background/personality design as well.
My bad, I actually forgot that he was the creative producer. But even so, I hard disagree on nomura being heavily involved in the story.

"Character design work is more than art for nomura" true. But that's usually when he the director for something. when he has the final say.

https://web.archive.org/web/2012022...quare-enix.com/na/features/wewy/01/ep3_01.php this interview reveals that the story of twewy was actually drafted by tatsuya kando, tomohiro hasegawa and takeshi arakawa with sochie hirano writing the script and yukari ishida proofreading. Lol Nomura is no where to be seen or mentioned in the conversation, yet he's the creative producer. So now that its establed that nomura didn't have much if not any pull in the story department of the first game, Does that mean he doesn't in neo? No. But seeing as he's occupying the same positions as he was in the og twewy, I feel it's safe to say that he probably still doesn't have the type of pull in the story department to make the sequel to twewy into Kingdom Hearts 3.9 Prologue Epilogue Final Redux Remix featuring those kids from dream drop distance.

Also, in the recent interviews, whenever story is brought up, it's usually kondo or ito who are doing the talking and answering while nomura usually only spoke up when it concerned the details of certain characters designs or gameplay elements.

Nomura has a distinctive writing style that you can see from a mile away. Twewy and neo(so far) definitely dont show any of those hard signs that point to a nomura script.

Back