• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LoneFox

Awards
Maleficent seemed to have partly forgotten the events of Union X until the events of recoded reminded her, so it could be involved.

We dont even know, if the amneisa is part of the timetraveling process or if its something done outside of it. It'd be interesting if the one that initiates the return of the person can also effect how they return and how much they recall.

Brain seems to be in a similar position to the Foretellers as he seems to remember most things. Now we just need to know if that's true for the others or if he and rhe foretellers used another methode.
So, I did some thinking and got an idea: maybe it is the strength of the memory that matters. Maleficent was resummoned by the fairies, who remembered her very well. In Brain's case, his arrival doesn't seem to be very far in the future, and also Luxu either is Brain or used Brain's body, both of which are good reasons why he would remember Brain very well. But when the other four arrived, Luxu had centuries of body-hopping behind him. This must have affected his memory of them, and with faded memory he gets suboptimal results.

That's what I thought, too! But that would mean that Ephemer would live a veeeeeeery long time lol
Or maybe he died while looking for the Player, and had the same choice as Player did. Remember that Eraqus was also having strange dreams about the past. Then compare the relationship between Ephemer and Player to that of Eraqus and Xehanort. See where this is going...?

Personally, I believe the whole joining with another heart thing is just a fourth wall breaking way to explain why we are playing as Xehanort in Dark Road. But if there is more to it than that, then what I'm suggesting is a real possibility.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ephemer and Skuld as the final boss is really cool but at the same time it shows the big flaw of UX's gameplay.

You either get your ass kicked in one hit repeatedly or you spam your most powerful medals and the bosses only get one hit in before you revive and kill them
Ephemer and Skuld were surprisingly easy tbh. The Cy-Bugs were worse.

SuperNova

Awards
I come back from a major hiatus only for the finale to drop and all I can ask is..THIS is what happens to my Player? Reincarnates only to be wrecked by a 16 year old boy with parachute pants? GG Nomura.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I'm shocked how the official global team screwed up in the big finale. They still didn't even said anything. They know we exist, right??!

Anyway moving on, this finale was crazy. You know it's truly Kingdom Hearts when it ends and you still aren't sure about everything. Even after 40 minutes of cutscenes

I'm confused about Luxu. Is that his real body or his first body swap?

I thought it was the former somehow, but I'm seeing a lot of people thinking its the latter. There was a time I thought one of the reasons why MoM and Luxu don't wear attires like the other foretellers and instead they wear black coats is to give us a hint they may not be from X era and time travelled there. When MoM disappeared without a trace I assumed he returned to the era where he came from, after put his plan in motion. I even considered the possibility of MoM being an older version of Luxu.

Xehanort didn't born in Destiny Islands. We also know Kairi isn't from there. I think Sora is safe, but maybe Riku didn't born there either?

Luxord and Demyx somebodies never appeared in this story. They can still appear in Dark Road, but until proven otherwise I will keep thinking Demyx's somebody is MoM and Luxord's somebody is from Quadratum.

I'm glad this story is finally over, but did they ever revealed who was the wielder of Nightmare Chirithy?

Props to the incredible work KHInsider staff and Goldpanner did all these years. You guys are the best!! 💪

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Anyways, who wants to bet that the censored word in MoM's talk about Quadratum is "Fantasy"?
I think it’s a different f-word....

Fu– *ahem* Fiction...

That’s just going by how Ansem the Wise refers to it in Melody of Memory.

EDIT: JK. They use the term fiction earlier in the conversation, so that probably wouldn’t be bleeped out. It could be Unreality though.

Sorarocks93

Awards
MoM says that he wanted to raise the Foretellers to have such strong hearts that they can be vessels for the Darknesses but not get possesed.

Does that imply that Ava didn't have a strong heart? The only clue we have about her is that the Darkness that killed Strelitzia looked like her, and people theorized it's an illusion, but considering what the MoM said in this update... well... Things aren't looking good for Ava, sadly.

Tobi

Awards
This can be interpreter as a threat (as it was in the other, lower quality translation) or as an offer to help... which one is the right way?
For sure, it is a thing about perspective, but I didn't eben thought about it being meant as a threat and Brain waking up later was for me a proof of it, that Luxu really wanted to help him.
How were Elrena and Lauriam recompleted and why in those worlds?

The first thing which I noticed there was that their surroundings fitted their symbols or motiv as Nobodies if you want to call it like that. Lauriam = flowers; Elrena = thunderstorm.

Until some minutes ago I thought it was pure symbolism, but now where I think of it, maybe the sceneries were somehow a trigger for someone passing by remembering them (subconsiously or not) and triggering this way their reapeerrance. For Lauriam it might be explainable with his keyblade, but I can't come up for any connection between Elrena and thunder prior her time as Larxene, but at the same time we learned less about Elrena than Lauriam, so there might be a connection we are not aware of yet. Furthermore in the case of a subconscious memory coming up it could fit with something what someone else said (and others also already had refferenced), that their memory loss wasnt caused by the pods, but because of something else. This else would be in this case, that the memory was only weak and so the recreation of their bodies wasn't in a perfect way.

As for where it ended up...Luxu still strolling around tells us that he either "won" the clash with that Darkness or managed at least to either incapacitate it or forced it to flee.
In the first scenario it would be possible that Luxu either sealed that Darkness also within himself in addition to the "greater" Darkness he already has thanks to the MoM or maybe he sealed it away in No Name itself or somewhere in a part of the world that will later become part of Scala ad Caelum?
I can also imagine that this Darkness managed to posess Luxu, but he was to strong at this point and couldn't be overtaken, leading to the end, which you described. On top of it, it would explain the change of his personality, because although Luxu was at the start the stronger one between them, over time the Darkness got stronger/ Luxu became weaker.

Katsagu

Awards
I come back from a major hiatus only for the finale to drop and all I can ask is..THIS is what happens to my Player? Reincarnates only to be wrecked by a 16 year old boy with parachute pants? GG Nomura.
Honestly, I'm sure you're posting this in good fun. But I'm actually surprised people enjoyed this Player -> Xehanort thing. It's like the worst development that came out of this to me.

Nathanhale

Awards
There are 14 pods total for the two versions of the machine. At that point, five of them have been launched into the future, one is broken, and three are in the data world. That leaves five of them available for him. We don't know where they are, but Luxu probably did.
There are only 7 in the real world. Maleficent, cloaked dandelion, lauriam, ventus, elrena use 5. 2 get sent back into data and skuld and ephemer use it to go back to the real world and then to the future. This leaves one unused stuck in the data world but 0 in the real world.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Honestly, I'm sure you're posting this in good fun. But I'm actually surprised people enjoyed this Player -> Xehanort thing. It's like the worst development that came out of this to me.
I think it was a good compromise. Canonizing the Player would always seem weird outside of the mobile game because they let you create everything about them, from looks to name. Reincarnation was a good choice, thought it ending up being Xehanort idk. I guess it's kinda cool. It makes me think that Nomura just doesn't want to throw Xehanort away after ending his Saga.

Zetta slow

Awards
Questions:
So was Luxu the traitor?
Ventus, Marluxia and Larxene got yeeted into the future and that's why they're in the present time?
WHAT'S GOING ON WITH BRAIN?!

LoneFox

Awards
There are only 7 in the real world. Maleficent, cloaked dandelion, lauriam, ventus, elrena use 5. 2 get sent back into data and skuld and ephemer use it to go back to the real world and then to the future. This leaves one unused stuck in the data world but 0 in the real world.
At the beginning there were 7 pods in both machines. Some of the real world ones got replaced by the ones coming from the data world. I'm assuming that the replaced ones didn't cease to exist, but went to some kind of storage from where they can be recalled if needed.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Questions:
So was Luxu the traitor?
Ventus, Marluxia and Larxene got yeeted into the future and that's why they're in the present time?
WHAT'S GOING ON WITH BRAIN?!
The traitor was more of an idea, the MoM wanted the Foretellers to have discord and doubt in their hearts, so it would be easier for the Darknesses to be attracted to it.

Yes, they are in the future, if they're all in the same time period that would make those scenes happen 10 years before KH1, just before BBS starts.

Brain arrived in the future, in Scala Ad Caelum, long after Ephemer had rebuilt it from the wreckage of Daybreak Town. His arrival was expected by people apparently. As to why Luxu looks like him, can't be sure of that yet. He probably took his body, then after he no longer needed it, he discarded it and sent him to the future.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
dumb theory I just thought about that probably has too many plotholes in it:

I was thinking, could Luxu's method of Body Hopping eject the Vessel's heart out of their body? Or did he just do that for Brain?

If that's the case, could Luxu's vessels all come back recompleted at some point?

They would need a medium and memories at the place they're recompleted.

Maybe Ienzo will be researching about Braig's past (after they all find out about Xigbar being Luxu) and finding an old item that belonged to him then suddenly the OG Braig pops into existence.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The first thing which I noticed there was that their surroundings fitted their symbols or motiv as Nobodies if you want to call it like that. Lauriam = flowers; Elrena = thunderstorm.

Until some minutes ago I thought it was pure symbolism, but now where I think of it, maybe the sceneries were somehow a trigger for someone passing by remembering them (subconsiously or not) and triggering this way their reapeerrance. For Lauriam it might be explainable with his keyblade, but I can't come up for any connection between Elrena and thunder prior her time as Larxene, but at the same time we learned less about Elrena than Lauriam, so there might be a connection we are not aware of yet. Furthermore in the case of a subconscious memory coming up it could fit with something what someone else said (and others also already had refferenced), that their memory loss wasnt caused by the pods, but because of something else. This else would be in this case, that the memory was only weak and so the recreation of their bodies wasn't in a perfect way.
For some reason it never really sunk in that the reason the settings looked kind of fitting, even if the world choices seemed random, was because they were surrounded by their elements.
I kind of wonder when they were sent there, my gut feeling says they were living their lives on those worlds with memory loss while AVT visited the worlds and fell to darkness along with those worlds.

I assume the Dandelions that were sent to the BBS era, all suffer from memory loss, seeing them knowing too much of their past would be critical given the whole Xehanort plot is kind of key and shouldn't be derailed by memories of the Keyblade War.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
dumb theory I just thought about that probably has too many plotholes in it:

I was thinking, could Luxu's method of Body Hopping eject the Vessel's heart out of their body? Or did he just do that for Brain?

If that's the case, could Luxu's vessels all come back recompleted at some point?

They would need a medium and memories at the place they're recompleted.

Maybe Ienzo will be researching about Braig's past (after they all find out about Xigbar being Luxu) and finding an old item that belonged to him then suddenly the OG Braig pops into existence.
There is at least some precedent for someone hijacking a body and then ejecting the host's heart, as we saw in KH1 with Ansem SoD and Riku. But the thing is that the dominant heart will then reshape the body in their own image. We saw this with not only Ansem SoD but also Roxas, with how Sora's body took on Ven's appearance once Sora's own heart was removed from the equation.

If Luxu had indeed taken over Brain's body and ejected his heart in the process, the body shouldn't still resemble Brain, right?

There's also the matter of Brain's words in the final scene, which suggest he used the ark.

Last edited:
Awards
I think it’s a different f-word....

Fu– *ahem* Fiction...

That’s just going by how Ansem the Wise refers to it in Melody of Memory.

EDIT: JK. They use the term fiction earlier in the conversation, so that probably wouldn’t be bleeped out. It could be Unreality though.
Why would they bleep out Unreality when we already heard it in Melody of Memory?

It'd make sense for the censored word to be Fantasy in regards to Quadratum since they seem intent on evading a full concrete mention of the word to the point of bleeping it out.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Also why did Luxu say May Your Heart Be You're Guiding Key?

Wouldn't He have Said May MY Heart Be My Guiding Key?

Becoz that scene was kind of weird. Maybe Luxu was helping Brain after all, or maybe that was somrthing else??

Back