• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TERRA-XEHANORT

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I was wondering if any knows the answer to this: How did Terra-Xehanort exist post KH2? Assuming that when Ansem and Xemnas got killed, Master Xehanort was recompleted as himself, then what happened to Terra's body/heart? As we clearly see Master Xehanort as himself in KH3D, there's no way that he fully possessed Terra like he did in BbS. Also, how is he wielding No Name/The Gazing Eye in the Keyblade Graveyard? Is he using it while Master Xehanort is hiding?

At first I thought it was a replica, but then I remembered that they removed Xehanort from Terra during the battle. I don't think the current Terra is a replica, so... what happened?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Ansem and Xemnas' death recompleted both Master Xehanort and Terra at the same time. The reason Terra become Terranort once again is because Xehanort brought the heart of Terranort from the past and placed it in Terra's body. Terra's Heart was sealed inside Ansem's Guardian

As for how he can wield No Name I think he and the old man can do it simultaneously

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Ansem and Xemnas' death recompleted both Master Xehanort and Terra at the same time. The reason Terra become Terranort once again is because Xehanort brought the heart of Terranort from the past and placed it in Terra's body. Terra's Heart was sealed inside Ansem's Guardian

As for how he can wield No Name I think he and the old man can do it simultaneously
What is the heart of Terranort? Is it a fusion of Xehanort and Terra's?

Also, how was Terra just sitting around waiting to be norted? Was he and Master Xehanort recompleted at the same location?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Also, how was Terra just sitting around waiting to be norted? Was he and Master Xehanort recompleted at the same location?
Yeah it was Terranort's heart(which is technically still Xehanort's heart I guess). Not sure if his heart fused with Terra's or not but it's possible given that he claimed that Terra's Heart would be "engulfed by Xehanort's forever".

As for how Terra became norted again I believe it's due to his heart still being trapped in the Guardian. This giving Xehanort the perfect opportunity to steal his empty body.
They were probably both recompleted at the Keyblade Graveyard

okhi12

Awards

Terra-Xehanort's heart wasn't brought back by time travel. Saïx explains it in one of the initial cutscenes from ReMind that the ones from the past transferred into replicas are Ansem, Xemnas, Vanitas, Riku Replica and Young Xehanort. Of course Terra's body is not a Replica so Terra-Xehanort would be excluded from that list even if his heart came from the past, but Master Xehanort explains he and Terra's body were restored at the same time, Terra's heart was lost and couldn't return to his body (presumably because of his ties to the darkness and/or the Guardian's existence preventing it) and Master Xehanort placed a piece of his heart in Terra's body again, the same heart fragment that possessed Terra in the past. It's not stated at any time that he brought Terra-Xehanort's heart from the past, if that was the case he would have mentioned it. I think it's safer to assume that Master Xehanort divided his heart again in the present after he was fully restored and put in Terra's body the same piece that once was in Terra-Xehanort, just like he must have done with Xigbar and Saïx after turning them into nobodies again.

When Terra was restored, the heart that returned to his body didn't come from the past, it was his lost heart still existing in the present era but trapped in the darkness, and finally revealed itself through the Guardian. It's also worth noting that Nomura said in the Ultimania that the Guardian wasn't Terra's heartless but a container of sorts for his heart, which traveled back and forth between Terra's body and the Guardian.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Terra-Xehanort's heart wasn't brought back by time travel. Saïx explains it in one of the initial cutscenes from ReMind that the ones from the past transferred into replicas are Ansem, Xemnas, Vanitas, Riku Replica and Young Xehanort. Of course Terra's body is not a Replica so Terra-Xehanort would be excluded from that list even if his heart came from the past, but Master Xehanort explains he and Terra's body were restored at the same time, Terra's heart was lost and couldn't return to his body (presumably because of his ties to the darkness and/or the Guardian's existence preventing it) and Master Xehanort placed a piece of his heart in Terra's body again, the same heart fragment that possessed Terra in the past. It's not stated at any time that he brought Terra-Xehanort's heart from the past, if that was the case he would have mentioned it. I think it's safer to assume that Master Xehanort divided his heart again in the present after he was fully restored and put in Terra's body the same piece that once was in Terra-Xehanort, just like he must have done with Xigbar and Saïx after turning them into nobodies again.

When Terra was restored, the heart that returned to his body didn't come from the past, it was his lost heart still existing in the present era but trapped in the darkness, and finally revealed itself through the Guardian. It's also worth noting that Nomura said in the Ultimania that the Guardian wasn't Terra's heartless but a container of sorts for his heart, which traveled back and forth between Terra's body and the Guardian.
I believe it was confirmed to be past Terranort's heart from this interview

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I think what happened with Terranort is a combination of what you're both saying. KH3 Terranort has the heart of the past Terranort inhabiting Terra's current body. Terra's actual heart is trapped in the Guardian. Nomura said that Terra's heart wasn't able to re-enter his own body, so his body was an empty vessel which Xehanort placed the past Terranort's heart. Once Terranort was defeated and the Guardian was unlocked, Terra's heart was able to return to his own body and the past Terranort's heart went away.

okhi12

Awards

You're right! Thanks for the correction. I forgot that little bit of the interview and because the ReMind scene doesn't mention that it was Terranort's heart from the past I assumed his heart didn't travel through time. I should have checked the Ultimania.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
You're right! Thanks for the correction. I forgot that little bit of the interview and because the ReMind scene doesn't mention that it was Terranort's heart from the past I assumed his heart didn't travel through time. I should have checked the Ultimania.
I've made the same mistakes with the whole Terranort's heart thing. It's one of the reasons why I was confused why nobody else was under full Xehanort control like Terra's vessel was. Especially the Replicas. Though it still doesn't explain why Terranort acts nothing like Master Xehanort and just comes off as a evil more aggressive Terra in terms of personality but what can you do?

okhi12

Awards
I've made the same mistakes with the whole Terranort's heart thing. It's one of the reasons why I was confused why nobody else was under full Xehanort control like Terra's vessel was. Especially the Replicas. Though it still doesn't explain why Terranort acts nothing like Master Xehanort and just comes off as a evil more aggressive Terra in terms of personality but what can you do?
Yeah, he doesn't act like Master Xehanort, neither like Young Xehanort who can be cocky sometimes but usually much more calm, and definitely not so aggressive.
He's not even like Apprentice Xehanort and they're the same person, but that may be because of the memory loss (which I still don't understand if it was a lie all along or just a temporary thing and the experiments really unlocked his memories) and because he adopted a more scholarly attitude.
Ansem SoD is the only other Xehanort whose personality resembles Terranort, as opposed to Xemnas being more reflexive like Apprentice Xehanort. But I guess AX was acting the whole time and was actually still very impulsive and aggressive, judging by the secret reports and the flashback scene in DDD when he stabs the other apprentices.

The thing about Xehanort is that all of his incarnations have their own will and personality, even though some of them seem to be more influenced by Xehanort and his motives than others. It must have something to do with the extent of the possession. Terra was nearly fully possessed against his own will by Xehanort's whole heart who rejected Terra's, while Xigbar and Isa willingly accepted Xehanort's heart fragment and retained their personality.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yeah, he doesn't act like Master Xehanort, neither like Young Xehanort who can be cocky sometimes but usually much more calm, and definitely not so aggressive.
He's not even like Apprentice Xehanort and they're the same person, but that may be because of the memory loss (which I still don't understand if it was a lie all along or just a temporary thing and the experiments really unlocked his memories) and because he adopted a more scholarly attitude.
Ansem SoD is the only other Xehanort whose personality resembles Terranort, as opposed to Xemnas being more reflexive like Apprentice Xehanort. But I guess AX was acting the whole time and was actually still very impulsive and aggressive, judging by the secret reports and the flashback scene in DDD when he stabs the other apprentices.

The thing about Xehanort is that all of his incarnations have their own will and personality, even though some of them seem to be more influenced by Xehanort and his motives than others. It must have something to do with the extent of the possession. Terra was nearly fully possessed against his own will by Xehanort's whole heart who rejected Terra's, while Xigbar and Isa willingly accepted Xehanort's heart fragment and retained their personality.
This is why I treat Apprentice Xehanort and Terranort like two different characters, because they practically are. It's almost like when Xehanort took over Terra he created a entirely new persona just from that alone. I agree in later games Ansem feels somewhat like Terranort, but in the early games I think he still fit the Apprentice Xehanort/Xemnas persona more. The Xehanorts all change personalities (and life goals) nearly every game so it's hard at times to really say.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe Terranort in KH3 is the version shortly after the possession happened? So like when he woke up in Radiant Garden. He didn't seem scholarly then and had no memory. At that time, the Master Xehanort in Terranort's heart would have been ready and waiting for the plan to be executed, so hearing from his future self to do it would probably be enough to make him a loyal servant versus actually having a personality (like the facade he had to put on as Apprentice Xehanort for Ansem The Wise).

Awards
Maybe Terranort in KH3 is the version shortly after the possession happened? So like when he woke up in Radiant Garden. He didn't seem scholarly then and had no memory. At that time, the Master Xehanort in Terranort's heart would have been ready and waiting for the plan to be executed, so hearing from his future self to do it would probably be enough to make him a loyal servant versus actually having a personality (like the facade he had to put on as Apprentice Xehanort for Ansem The Wise).
That's always been my head canon.

Helionus

Awards
but that may be because of the memory loss (which I still don't understand if it was a lie all along or just a temporary thing and the experiments really unlocked his memories)
I always thought that Terranort DID lost his memory after battle at Radiant Garden, but he regains it sometime later. It maybe after experiments but I bet he just recover from loss and became angry Terranort again not long after he became Apprentice, but decides to continue being just scholar in Ansem's eyes.

Back