• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your KH headcanon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I don't know if this really counts as "headcanon" or not, but it's something I realized the last time I replayed KH1 (which was when I was going for Platinum on PS3 I believe).

I remembered KH1 as being so much bigger, not just in scale, but just more. What I came to realize was that I was playing it through the eyes of an adult, which made it such a different experience.

I was such and imaginative kid and I remember playing this game in 4th grade and the worlds took me SO long to beat. I think I was just worse at action games back then haha, the prospect of Expert Mode scared me. Now I do my first playthroughs of these games on Proud or Critical 😂

Annnnyway, to get to the point of headcanon: when I was a kid, something else I did in these worlds was I just like, imagined all of these conversations that never really happened. I imagined Sora, Donald, and Goofy talking on their way between worlds. I imagined conversations between Sora and other party members, like Sora and Ariel being scared of the shark while hiding in the ship and concocting a way to escape safely. I would frequently go to that little house in Traverse Town once Kairi was there and could easily imagine Sora catching her up to speed on everything.

Even though these things technically didn't happen, it was like, to me they did. That's how I remember that game, I remember things like this from every world, the kind of conversations that could have happened behind the scenes. What magic there was in being a child, and back then I didn't even know it.

Soldier

Awards
I don't know if this really counts as "headcanon" or not, but it's something I realized the last time I replayed KH1 (which was when I was going for Platinum on PS3 I believe).

I remembered KH1 as being so much bigger, not just in scale, but just more. What I came to realize was that I was playing it through the eyes of an adult, which made it such a different experience.

I was such and imaginative kid and I remember playing this game in 4th grade and the worlds took me SO long to beat. I think I was just worse at action games back then haha, the prospect of Expert Mode scared me. Now I do my first playthroughs of these games on Proud or Critical 😂

Annnnyway, to get to the point of headcanon: when I was a kid, something else I did in these worlds was I just like, imagined all of these conversations that never really happened. I imagined Sora, Donald, and Goofy talking on their way between worlds. I imagined conversations between Sora and other party members, like Sora and Ariel being scared of the shark while hiding in the ship and concocting a way to escape safely. I would frequently go to that little house in Traverse Town once Kairi was there and could easily imagine Sora catching her up to speed on everything.

Even though these things technically didn't happen, it was like, to me they did. That's how I remember that game, I remember things like this from every world, the kind of conversations that could have happened behind the scenes. What magic there was in being a child, and back then I didn't even know it.
It's definitely something you came up with in your head that fills in blanks, so as far as the vague definition of head canon it's good.

I also thought of things like this growing up, like would Beast, Jiminy and Sora bond over the fact that they all lost their homes? would SDG return to Agrabah and tell Aladdin Jasmine is safe? so many unseen moments that could've added some real emotional firepower to an already emotional game.

(Also, I know how you feel with the worlds taking so long, until I was 10 I wasn't able to beat Deep Jungle).

Reactions: Max

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
It's definitely something you came up with in your head that fills in blanks, so as far as the vague definition of head canon it's good.

I also thought of things like this growing up, like would Beast, Jiminy and Sora bond over the fact that they all lost their homes? would SDG return to Agrabah and tell Aladdin Jasmine is safe? so many unseen moments that could've added some real emotional firepower to an already emotional game.

(Also, I know how you feel with the worlds taking so long, until I was 10 I wasn't able to beat Deep Jungle).
Haha you know, speaking of how long Deep Jungle feels like it could take, I didn't have a PS2 memory card until maybe a month after I got my PS2 and Kingdom Hearts (because my cousin told my mom "PS1 memory cards can save PS2 games!" so she didn't grab one with the console). Because of this, for the course of that month I pretty much always made it to Deep Jungle then got stuck or just had to stop before I could finish. The furthest I finally made it before getting a memory card was Traverse Town when you run into Riku after Deep Jungle. The patience we could have as children haha.

But yeah, I miss filling in those blanks as a kid. It'd be cool of the games did more stuff like that, optional little talks if you returned to see someone after a significant event.

Soldier

Awards
Haha you know, speaking of how long Deep Jungle feels like it could take, I didn't have a PS2 memory card until maybe a month after I got my PS2 and Kingdom Hearts (because my cousin told my mom "PS1 memory cards can save PS2 games!" so she didn't grab one with the console). Because of this, for the course of that month I pretty much always made it to Deep Jungle then got stuck or just had to stop before I could finish. The furthest I finally made it before getting a memory card was Traverse Town when you run into Riku after Deep Jungle. The patience we could have as children haha.

But yeah, I miss filling in those blanks as a kid. It'd be cool of the games did more stuff like that, optional little talks if you returned to see someone after a significant event.
Ah, I recall having a similar issue with Spyro year of the dragon (I had a ps2 and ps2 memory cards, but no PS1 memory cards). It used to take me the entire day to get to the end, and when I finally beat the game, I wasn't able to access the bonus round.

Fwiw, some games like Psychonauts 2 have little talks spread about that you can easily miss after major points in the story.

Soldier

Awards
New headcanon that I just remembered

So, the Air Soldiers join the roster right around the time that you arrive at Monstro right? I used to think that Gepetto was responsible for making them and/or they were one of the heartless that assaulted prankster's paradise when it was attacked. I can't be the only one that sees their stitchpunk designs and tattered wings and thinks "looks like something a woodcarver would make". I'm just imagining if Riku actually did manage to make off with Pinocchio in Monstro that Maleficent would just contact him and have him build wooden armor for the heartless. I could see her doing that.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I always saw Reno as Axel's older brother and the reason he is off screen is cuz he's doing FF7 shiz.

Cloud is the legit FF7 Cloud, as he doesn't originate from Radiant Garden apparently based on Goofy going "did ya think they made it back to their own world". He's kinda stuck in a Dissidia style situation where he's not in his game's world yet is still dealing with Sephiroth.
I could kinda see Reno and Axel being brothers. Heck, for all we know they could’ve been twins😂

As for Cloud, I figured that Goofy line was either a mistranslation, like when Roxas said “tell me why he picked you” to Sora but was talking about the Keyblade, or he thought they went back to Olympus Coliseum. I see Cloud as a native to Radiant Garden, but fighting Sephiroth has made him something of a vagabond, never staying too long in one world until he can bring this fight to an end.

Personal headcanon: if the player doesn’t visit the optional worlds in KH2, Sora would bring Riku and Kairi to visit them together after the final boss battle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

Ven's type is Big Sis. ;).

Max Goof and his friends PJ, Roxanne, and Bobby are 4 person squad of cadets. They are on a mission to find either Oswald the Rabbit or Mortimer Mouse.

Max Goof is a paladin with a sword and shield. Roxanne is a ranger with a bow and arrow. PJ is a blue mage and Bobby is a mechanic who fights with a wrench.

PJ is insecure that he's the son of a supervillian. Plus Pete is very macho and disappointed his son can't fight with his hands.

Terra's mom is royalty and his birth was a political treaty between Eraqus and her.

Aqua has a younger sister she doesn't get a long with.

Ven's older brother is Gula.

Larxene was physically abusive to Namine during their stay at Castle Oblivion.

Lea and Isa have been to the Dead or Alive world 3 times. Once before they were nobodies, one time during their tenure as Organization 13 members, and one more time when they became Keyblade wielders.

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Lea and Isa have been to the Dead or Alive world 3 times. Once before they were nobodies, one time during their tenure as Organization 13 members, and one more time when they became Keyblade wielders.
Let me guess, they wanted to check out that hot babe Hayate, right? ;)

D

Deleted member 246005

Let me guess, they wanted to check out that hot babe Hayate, right? ;)
I was going for Ayane and Momoji or Lisa and Tina but sure. That works too. ;).

It's schrodniger's headcanon lol.

Both of us are right.

Kairi wanted to be a writer when she was younger.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaltK

Awards
Sora having Ven’s heart inside him from a young age loosely influenced Sora’s physical appearance as he grew. So Xemnas’ statement to Roxas that Sora “looks a lot like you” isn’t as nonsensical as it seems.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Canon reason why Sora grinds heartless & nobodies (grinding EXP) after DDD is that he's trying to recomplete strangers.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I thought about that too when I learned of the recompletion method, shame it's a fruitless effort since most of the strangers would die to heartless again anyways.
True. However I view it like mowing the lawn, just because it'll regrow doesn't mean it's not worth it to maintain it. Letting the Heartless and Nobody populations grow too much, can be an issue. So I like the idea of Sora and co. fighting every heartless they see, to restore the people and to protect whatever world they're in.

Then again.. the Heartless population in the RoL should have been low and yet Xehanort could summon Tornados of them... so they're numbers are probably overwhelming regardless of what you do.

Soldier

Awards
True. However I view it like mowing the lawn, just because it'll regrow doesn't mean it's not worth it to maintain it. Letting the Heartless and Nobody populations grow too much, can be an issue. So I like the idea of Sora and co. fighting every heartless they see, to restore the people and to protect whatever world they're in.

Then again.. the Heartless population in the RoL should have been low and yet Xehanort could summon Tornados of them... so they're numbers are probably overwhelming regardless of what you do.
In the case of Xehanort summoning numerous Dark Tides, I think it's a matter of the Keyblade Graveyard being "charged" with both dark and light from all the numerous conflicts that occurred there, in addition to it being one of few world's that's considered in between.

Hear me out: In KH 2 as Maleficent and Pete enter the Castle That Never Was Maleficent marvels at the place to which Pete remarks "But what about all the Heartless? This in-between world, it's too close to the darkness, they ain't gonna listen to us here!" which while it can be seen as a throwaway line, I took it to mean a different way. Obviously throughout the series we've learned quite a bit about the heartless and their nature, they function like wolves or evil children, following whoever is the strongest with little hesitation, and gathering in places that are brimming with Darkness. That's why in KH 1 pre Kairi rescue most of what you encounter on the west side of the world map are weaker heartless that gradually get stronger the closer they are to the End of The World, where the strongest heartless appear. Given this info, let's look closer at the keyblade graveyard.

Since it is the site of an intense battle that ended in what was effectively child genocide, a lot of darkness would gather in such a place that it might be enticing for them to appear in massive droves, as seen during the 1 million darkness fight. Of course the real world explanation is because it's typically the final level, but in universe it's a place where a lot of hearts were lost and evil actions took place. Thus, the wastes would likely be charged with energy of both light and dark, as seen when the spirits of the guild members arrive to assist in KH3.

But there is credence to the heartless population being low in the realm of light. In KH2 Yen Sid mentions that the actions of Sora and Co. at the DTD did thin the ranks of the heartless to a significant degree, so their efforts weren't wasted. It's just that there's darkness in every heart, and so long as that persists the heartless will continue to be a threat. Maybe not to the extent in KH1, but something you can't really ignore.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Xion is connected to Skuld which not only explains the parallels between Ventus and Skuld and Roxas and Xion but it also justifies why both Roxas and Axel saw Xion as the same black-haired girl.

DolanGood

Awards
I know people aren't really fond of Riku's new keyblade, but to me I think the design of brave heart has a lot of story significance that unfortunately the player doesn't get to see in kh3.

I think that rather than being a new Keyblade that Riku somehow got from Merlin, the braveheart keyblade is actually the ORIGINAL form of Riku's keyblade, in the sense that this is what his keyblade was supposed to have looked like had he not been seduced by the darkness, causing it to mutate into soul eater and later way to dawn.

Merlin didn't forge Riku and Mickey a new keyblade from scratch, but rather, he instead used magic to draw out the latent powers within both of them that caused change to their keyblades. Since Riku rejected the darkness and accepted his role as a keyblade master and guardian of light, it simply reverted his keyblade back to its default form, sort of like a factory reset.

Personally that's how I justify the radical shift in design between Riku's keyblades. However, that doesn't mean I support the design decisions for Braveheart. The keyblade looks too bulky for Riku's fighting style, mainly consisting of thrusts and slashes. Seriously, even though it's a magical sword, looking at him hold such a hefty thing at shoulder height with one arm for an extended amount of time in battle looks exhausting . If the blade section was thinner in width and length, I'd have no problem with it.

There's also the issue of personality. I feel like it doesn't have enough personal effects that make it unique to Riku. Maybe if his keyblade had familiar colors, like instead of just making the handguard black, they can use a really REALLY dark shade of purple that's almost black, but then have one side of the handguard fade to red. The purple and red accents would be a subtle nod to soul eater and WTD's color schemes.

Another would be to give the keyblade an engraving since it's based off a modern key, and some keys sometimes have insignias or logos on them. But instead just have an engraving of Riku's symbol on the base of keyblade.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It's been 3 months & Sora still hasn't realized Duck Hunt isn't Donald & Goofy. The Cuphead Mii Gunner trips him up a lot too.

Limit Cut Sora is the same Data-Sora from Coded. Cid didn't create him from scratch but upgraded him to real Sora's current abilities.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Limit Cut Sora is the same Data-Sora from Coded. Cid didn't create him from scratch but upgraded him to real Sora's current abilities.
Now that's something I've actually been tossing around in my head for a bit, and honestly it does make a lot of sense. Wasn't it Chip and Dale who created the first Data-Sora in the first place? It wouldn't be too outrageous to expect that they sent Cid a disk with him on it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Now that's something I've actually been tossing around in my head for a bit, and honestly it does make a lot of sense. Wasn't it Chip and Dale who created the first Data-Sora in the first place? It wouldn't be too outrageous to expect that they sent Cid a disk with him on it.
Speaking of which: Chip amd Dale learned how to build machinery from Gadget Hackwrench.

Back