• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora from Kingdom Hearts announced as a new DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
For those who are wondering why Mickey, Donald and Goofy don't appear in the Station of Awakening, it's because they did not originate in a video game.

Considering they also removed the Mickey “Lucky Emblem” symbols from Aqua’s Station, it’s much more likely Disney restricted them to only having the keychain as a direct Disney reference aside from Sora himself.

Rii

Awards
Technically, we HAVE been able to access both the castle and falls. KH 2 has us go to Ansem's computer room, which is in the castle's basement (not the castle itself, but still pretty important, I'm sure most of those corridors cluttered with pipes and debris lead to the upper levels). As for the rising falls, KH 2 FM gives us a taste of what they look like now in the garden of assemblage, as that area is in the exact same position as it was in KH 1, complete with the upside down waterfalls.
Wait, I’m confused. Didn’t KH2 confirm that Villain’s Vale (the castle that Maleficent resides in during the first game) and Ansem’s castle are two different castles? Could’ve sworn that was a plot point… (sorry for going a bit off topic)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Wait, I’m confused. Didn’t KH2 confirm that Villain’s Vale (the castle that Maleficent resides in during the first game) and Ansem’s castle are two different castles? Could’ve sworn that was a plot point… (sorry for going a bit off topic)

This is a common misconception that I once had as well. Villain’s Vale is an entirely separate and original location from what we saw in KH1. The castle of Hollow Bastion in KH1 and the main castle in KH2 are one and the same.

Soldier

Awards
This is a common misconception that I once had as well. Villain’s Vale is an entirely separate and original location from what we saw in KH1. The castle of Hollow Bastion in KH1 and the main castle in KH2 are one and the same.
Exactly, the villain's vale where maleficent resides is what's left of the corrupted portions of the castle when maleficent took over. It can be seen in the junk that lines the area near it, most of which is aqueducts and pieces of buildings.

Reactions: Rii

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I absolutely love that they recreated so many KH moments using Smash characters/stages. And it continues on Sakurai’s Twitter! Pretty sure this is DDD Dive Mode reference:

You can tell there’s truly a love for the series driving all this.
He did say he played all the games, and he obviously knows what and how to reference different scenes from all the games. Seems like Sakurai is a huge KH fan, the smile he had on his face the whole presentation was so heartwarming.

One of us, one of us.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
That does seem like a very likely answer, but is there a source that makes this the official statement? I mean theoretically, it could also just be Disney not wanting those characters to appear in Smash.

Pretty certain it is because Nintendo didn’t want to have to pay any extra licensing fees to use Donald and Goofy and Disney wouldn’t have agreed with it.
I suppose additional licensing fees for the Disney cast and the strict guidelines for using Mickey, Donald and Goofy in video games meant that they were out of the question to be included with Sora.

That being said, referencing characters who didn't originate in a video game would technically cross the line of adding content that didn't originate from a video game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This is the first Smash reveal I actually watched so I didn't know if Sakurai was always like this or not. But I've seen quite a few fan reactions now and they're all commenting on how giddy Sakurai seems to be this time.
Giddy that it's finally done and he can go on vacation.

Rii

Awards
I suppose additional licensing fees for the Disney cast and the strict guidelines for using Mickey, Donald and Goofy in video games meant that they were out of the question to be included with Sora.

That being said, referencing characters who didn't originate in a video game would technically cross the line of adding content that didn't originate from a video game.
But Disney, and moreover Mickey and Donald specifically, have been referenced before in Smash, I believe in Melee. Certainly the more predominantly they are showcased, the more murky the water becomes, but I honestly don’t see MD&G appearing in the background of a stage as crossing the line, especially given how distinct their KH iterations are when compared to other versions of the characters.

NoWay

Awards
So Mario touched Soras Keyblade in the reveal trailer. Is Mario a Keyblade wielder now or what

#Marioconfirmed!!!!

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
So Mario touched Soras Keyblade in the reveal trailer. Is Mario a Keyblade wielder now or what

#Marioconfirmed!!!!
I think this is up for debate, to be honest as TECHNICALLY the Keyblade didn't form until AFTER Mario tossed it. I guess it's up to each individual to decide for themselves on this front...I'm personally going to say, "Mario isn't a Keyblade wielder as the only thing he touched was fire, which he can shot out of his hands to begin with" xD

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
If I remember correctly the inheritance ceremony requires the Wielder and the Inheritor to hold the Keyblade at the same time. So I'd say Mario isn't marked for bequeathment.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I think this is up for debate, to be honest as TECHNICALLY the Keyblade didn't form until AFTER Mario tossed it. I guess it's up to each individual to decide for themselves on this front...I'm personally going to say, "Mario isn't a Keyblade wielder as the only thing he touched was fire, which he can shot out of his hands to begin with" xD
Maybe Mario is the Master of Masters, since he "created" the Keyblade to bring Sora in lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back