• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► Ux offline version opinions?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
What do you think about the offline version of Ux? I am genuinely unhappy with it. I was hoping for a good theater mode, one that leaves no ambiguity as to how to watch the cutscenes, but they didn't even bother putting them in a chronological order.
They are sorted by worlds so there is no possible way to watch it from start to finish.

What do you think?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I haven't touched it since the day it went live. Personally, I think they should have left it in the barebones but playable state it was in just prior to termination, and just bring back all the story events on the side.

The theater being unchanged has opened an entirely new can of worms because of how it's organized. We're missing a lot of scenes (KHX exclusives, all the narration scenes and story events), and them being organized by world means people are going to have to jump around a ton to get the full story, which is extremely inconvenient.

I understand why they made the decision to strip the game, I just don't think they thought it all the way through.

Last edited:

sephydark

Awards
UX did a lot of calculations on the servers, so if they wanted to keep it running they would have either needed to keep the servers running or rewrite the code to move those calculations to the client (which they are doing with DR). They probably decided that those weren't worth it.

As for the offline mode, I'm happy that it even exists at all since a lot of mobile games just vanish when they end service. I do wish they had included some indication of what the chronological order to watch the cutscenes in was too, though.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
As for the offline mode, I'm happy that it even exists at all since a lot of mobile games just vanish when they end service.
Essentially my feelings as well.

Can't really get behind needing "chronological order" for the scenes or an issue with sorting them by world when the Disney worlds kind of... don't matter? The Daybreak Town tab should suffice. There's a little bit in Wreck-It Ralph but like... a very little bit.
Though after opening the app to check, the Keyblade War should have probably been slotted into the Daybreak Town scene list. Still not entirely sure why they decided to make that an event instead of being part of the main story quests.

Cumguardian69

Awards
I think it's extremely well done and I'm glad newmembers will be able to easily and accessible experience KHUX. It may not be in its prime but it isn't forgotten.

Back