• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If Vanitas is one of the 13 Willful Darknesses that gained a physical form. What do you think the other 12 Darknesses would look like?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

okhi12

Awards
I think they will look just like the individuals they possessed. Vanitas has Sora's face because Ventus joined his heart with Sora's shortly after Xehanort extracted Vanitas. Assuming he is a special case the most logical thought is that each darkness will look like the person who gave it a physical form, maybe with some slight changes in appearance. Probably same face and different hair and eye color, because it's the usual KH stuff for people who look like other people because they are related but not the same being.

Last edited:

EighteenEighty

Awards
I think they will look just like the individuals they possessed. Vanitas has Sora's face because Ventus joined his heart with Sora's shortly after Xehanort extracted Vanitas. Assuming he is a special case the most logical thought is that each darkness will look like the person who gave it a physical form, maybe with some slight changes in appearance. Probably same face and different hair and eye color, because it's the usual KH stuff for people who look like other people because they are related but not the same being.
I can imagine that the dark/half counterparts of the Foretellers will have some dark-based design. I can already imagine some of them will have a jumpsuit outfit similar to Vanitas and Riku Replica. They will also wear masks with a twisted design, and they will have their own names, the code names of the Foretellers.

okhi12

Awards
I can imagine that the dark/half counterparts of the Foretellers will have some dark-based design. I can already imagine some of them will have a jumpsuit outfit similar to Vanitas and Riku Replica. They will also wear masks with a twisted design, and they will have their own names, the code names of the Foretellers.
Now that you mention it I can totally see them wearing those dark outfits or corrupted versions of the Foreteller's robes, similar to Anti-Aqua's corrupted version of Aqua's clothes. Either would be much more interesting design-wise than the usual black coat. I'm tired of black coats, I wish Nomura would give Luxu and the MoM different outfits next time.

EighteenEighty

Awards
Now that you mention it I can totally see them wearing those dark outfits or corrupted versions of the Foreteller's robes, similar to Anti-Aqua's corrupted version of Aqua's clothes. Either would be much more interesting design-wise than the usual black coat. I'm tired of black coats, I wish Nomura would give Luxu and the MoM different outfits next time.
Oh and I just realized if Vanitas can command the Unversed. Imagine if some of the 12 Darknesses can command their own types of minions. We already know we faced some other types of enemies like Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed, and Nightmares. Imagine if we might end up facing a new type of enemy, maybe even stronger than Heartless and Unversed. The reason why I made this up is I also realized that some members of the Organization 13 can command their own types of Nobodies/minions for example:

Xemnas can command Sorcerers

Xigbar can command Snipers

Xaldin can command Dragoons

Saix can command Berserkers

Axel can command Assassins

Demyx can command Dancers

Luxord can command Gamblers

Marluxia can command Reapers

Larxene can command Ninjas

Roxas can command Samurais

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Boy, how much more interesting it would be if they were possessing Disney characters instead. We could be having ourselves an evil Mulan clone, but noooooo.

okhi12

Awards
Boy, how much more interesting it would be if they were possessing Disney characters instead. We could be having ourselves an evil Mulan clone, but noooooo.
We know the strongest 7 darknesses are meant to possess the MoM and his disciples, 4 were trapped within data and one is in Ventus. That makes 12, there's one missing. Who knows, that darkness may end up possessing a Disney Character.

Evil Bambi, come forth!

Mexican Sora

Awards
We know the strongest 7 darknesses are meant to possess the MoM and his disciples, 4 were trapped within data and one is in Ventus. That makes 12, there's one missing. Who knows, that darkness may end up possessing a Disney Character.

Evil Bambi, come forth!

Could be that MX probably had the missing one inside of him and let him in willingly.

EighteenEighty

Awards
We know the strongest 7 darknesses are meant to possess the MoM and his disciples.
I think the plan should've been extracting the Darkness inside Foreteller's hearts in order to give the Darkness a physical form to be slain instead of MoM admitting to Luxu that he's going to use the Foretellers as a vessel for the Darknesses. However, it was never specified as to whether or not the Darknesses would be extracted (like Vanitas) to be destroyed/killed. Since Luxu is now revealed to be the traitor and doesn't like the idea of using the Foretellers and Union Leaders as sacrificial lambs. I can already imagine that he will do the heart extraction that Xehanort performed on Ventus. Luxu may attempt to separate the 7 Darknesses along with himself and the Foretellers, but unlike Xehanort, he probably wouldn't rip them out leaving them for dead. Instead, the Foretellers would separate them properly so they would remain alive. The 7 Darknesses will have their own names (the code names of the Foretellers) and physical appearances

Sadly the MoM doesn't like where this is going because if the 7 Darknesses finally gained a physical form of their own they will travel through different worlds and summon/expand their own types of minions through different worlds (similar to Vanitas who can command the Unversed from different worlds in BBS), and timelines to travel to past (similar to Ansem and YX) and their plan is to expand their numbers. I think they might recruit the missing 6 Darknesses in UX and give them a physical form of their own. One of them of course is Vanitas, while the other 5 are unknown.

On the status of 6 Darknesses:
  • The one inside Ventus was ripped out to form a Ventus-Darkness hybrid we call Vanitas.
  • The one free in the world that interacted with Luxu and Maleficent and escaped the data world.
  • The four who were trapped inside the data world thanks to Player
What I learned in KH is that you can bring anyone back to life with the power of time travel. Similar to YX recruited Ansem, Xemnas, Vanitas, Riku Replica, and Xion but the 7 Darknesses will only recruit the 5 Willful Darknesses along with Vanitas. If the 5 Darknesses finally gained a physical form of their own the True 13 will finally take over the world and expand their influence. As for the other 5 who were marked with question marks, I think I finally know the possible members for the 5 Darknesses to gain a physical form of their own. The Union Leaders. Since the MoM said that he plans to use the Union Leaders as baits for the 6 Darknesses I think they could be the possible hosts, and don't forget some of them are in the future and I can already imagine the 7 Darknesses will kidnap them in order for the other 5 Darknesses to gain their own physical form.
  1. Ventus + Darkness = Vanitas
  2. Skuld (Subject X) + Darkness = ???
  3. Lauriam + Darkness = ???
  4. Strelitzia (True Dandelion) + Darkness = ???
  5. Brain + Darkness = ???
  6. Ephemer + Darkness = ???
But sadly all of this is just my theory.

okhi12

Awards
Could be that MX probably had the missing one inside of him and let him in willingly.
If that was the case I wonder what happened to that darkness now that MX passed away... maybe Sora defeated it and it was destroyed. Even if it wasn't, maybe if the host accepts their death like MX did the heart is purified and the darkness is purged. Or maybe they reincarnate together again and again, wich would be ironic considering Xehanort was previously the Player who tricked those four darknesses into believing he/she was possessed to trap them. So many possibilities...
How are darknesses destroyed for good, anyway? The only known fact is they need a physical form, but do they need to manifest and take control of their host's body, or can they be destroyed while they are dormant or supressed? The MoM said he trained his disciples to be able to withstand the possession, so apparently he thinks they can be destroyed while they're being supressed to some extent.

I think the plan should've been extracting the Darkness inside Foreteller's hearts in order to give the Darkness a physical form to be slain instead of MoM admitting to Luxu that he's going to use the Foretellers as a vessel for the Darknesses. However, it was never specified as to whether or not the Darknesses would be extracted (like Vanitas) to be destroyed/killed. Since Luxu is now revealed to be the traitor and doesn't like the idea of using the Foretellers and Union Leaders as sacrificial lambs. I can already imagine that he will do the heart extraction that Xehanort performed on Ventus. Luxu may attempt to separate the 7 Darknesses along with himself and the Foretellers, but unlike Xehanort, he probably wouldn't rip them out leaving them for dead. Instead, the Foretellers would separate them properly so they would remain alive. The 7 Darknesses will have their own names (the code names of the Foretellers) and physical appearances

Sadly the MoM doesn't like where this is going because if the 7 Darknesses finally gained a physical form of their own they will travel through different worlds and summon/expand their own types of minions through different worlds (similar to Vanitas who can command the Unversed from different worlds in BBS), and timelines to travel to past (similar to Ansem and YX) and their plan is to expand their numbers. I think they might recruit the missing 6 Darknesses in UX and give them a physical form of their own. One of them of course is Vanitas, while the other 5 are unknown.

On the status of 6 Darknesses:
  • The one inside Ventus was ripped out to form a Ventus-Darkness hybrid we call Vanitas.
  • The one free in the world that interacted with Luxu and Maleficent and escaped the data world.
  • The four who were trapped inside the data world thanks to Player
What I learned in KH is that you can bring anyone back to life with the power of time travel. Similar to YX recruited Ansem, Xemnas, Vanitas, Riku Replica, and Xion but the 7 Darknesses will only recruit the 5 Willful Darknesses along with Vanitas. If the 5 Darknesses finally gained a physical form of their own the True 13 will finally take over the world and expand their influence. As for the other 5 who were marked with question marks, I think I finally know the possible members for the 5 Darknesses to gain a physical form of their own. The Union Leaders. Since the MoM said that he plans to use the Union Leaders as baits for the 6 Darknesses I think they could be the possible hosts, and don't forget some of them are in the future and I can already imagine the 7 Darknesses will kidnap them in order for the other 5 Darknesses to gain their own physical form.
  1. Ventus + Darkness = Vanitas
  2. Skuld (Subject X) + Darkness = ???
  3. Lauriam + Darkness = ???
  4. Strelitzia (True Dandelion) + Darkness = ???
  5. Brain + Darkness = ???
  6. Ephemer + Darkness = ???
But sadly all of this is just my theory.
To be honest I don't really understand Vanitas' nature. I agree with you referring to him as a Ventus-darkness hybrid of sorts because that implies he became something else and he's not exactly the same thing as the darkness who possessed Ven, there's more to him.
Besides, Vanitas has been defeated several times in a physical form (in KH3 he came from the past, but still) and Ven's darkness it still there and is fought as the Dark Inferno X in ReMind. Is this a lack of consistency? Are there are additional requirements in order to destroy the darknesses? Maybe he wasn't destroyed because he's a different thing now and the ''normal requirements for darkness destruction'' don't fully apply to him. Because of that it's difficult to say whether what we know about him can be applied to the other darknesses or not.

Like you said, the main reason I don't think the MoM would want to extract the darknesses is because that would give them more freedom, but you could be right about Luxu wanting to do it on his own.

About the 5 darknesses without a known host I have no idea who they will posses or if the four that are trapped will escape their data prison. I think they will be released because they're 13 in total and we all know how important that number is. They won't be reduced to 9 so easily.
However I don't believe Brain and Ephemer wil be possessed because they are not in the current era. If they jumped worldlines to the unreality side or time traveled to the future somehow it could be possible. I could be very wrong about this and maybe she's a vessel of darkness, but Strelitzia's personality and being called the true dandelion (if that's really her) makes me think she won't be possessed either. There's something pure and almost sacred about her hinting to her affiliation with light, and that white robe she appears in reinforces the hint, even if it's a bit creepy.

Back