• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Be brutally honest: what is the absolute worst world in the kh franchise?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

92stars

Awards
Out of all the worlds, in all the games, what's the worst?
My least fav is definitely Atlantica, It's infuriating.

blank points

Awards
For me, it's definitely Disney Town. I always found it too be too childish, and the plotline of the world I always thought was just bad.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Hm.... there's been a quite of poopers lately but... I feel like that one place... uh. Hunchback of Notre Dame. The execution was.... weird. I mean, most DDD worlds had pretty meh execution but that movie has a lot of um. Themes. If they weren't gonna touch on the themes, maybe they could've had more fun with it somehow? It was just... missing a lot of color literally and figuratively.

GreyouTT

Awards
Wonderland

I don't like that it's claustrophobic rooms, and it doesn't feel like an actual world because of that.

X/UX actually made it better and dropped the whole room thing. There's an actual SKY in it.

Wonderland_0001_03.png

Honorable mention for Halloween Town in Days for giving the Cameraman Lakitu a seizure.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Neverland in 1 and 358/2 Days. I hate the flying system that’s forced on you.

LoneFox

Awards
It has to be The Grid. I hate badly done inside a computer worlds, and the story of this one doesn't make any sense, at least if you haven't seen the movie. And why would I watch a movie about a badly done inside a computer world?

DDD in general has really lackluster set of worlds. I guess they put there all the ones that were rejected from earlier games.

92stars

Awards
It has to be The Grid. I hate badly done inside a computer worlds, and the story of this one doesn't make any sense, at least if you haven't seen the movie. And why would I watch a movie about a badly done inside a computer world?

DDD in general has really lackluster set of worlds. I guess they put there all the ones that were rejected from earlier games.
Yeah, I really wish they had put a bit more effort into the level design on DDD.

Perkilator

Awards
KH2 Atlantica all the way. At least in Arendelle, there's no minigame where you press one button multiple times and it's all you do for the entire world.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I would have to pick the Grid, I really wish it was an optional world as I just found it to be quite tedious overall and I hate having to play through it.

Awards
Since we're all picking on DDD, I'm gonna go with my least favorite world in the game (and prime candidate for worst in the entire series). Country of the Musketeers...I don't even know what to say about it other than the fact that it's really bad. Biggest mistake Nomura has made and the biggest waste of my time as a KH fan.

92stars

Awards
Since we're all picking on DDD, I'm gonna go with my least favorite world in the game (and prime candidate for worst in the entire series). Country of the Musketeers...I don't even know what to say about it other than the fact that it's really bad. Biggest mistake Nomura has made and the biggest waste of my time as a KH fan.
I totally forgot about that world... it's horrendous.
I love DDD but there are some serious shortcomings

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Wonderland

I don't like that it's claustrophobic rooms, and it doesn't feel like an actual world because of that.

X/UX actually made it better and dropped the whole room thing. There's an actual SKY in it.

Wonderland_0001_03.png

Honorable mention for Halloween Town in Days for giving the Cameraman Lakitu a seizure.
I swear when I checked up on this thread last night this picture was a gif and it was moving.
Man, that headache from yesterday had me messed up.

But I guess we can conclude that DDD has the messiest worlds execution and design wise. If I were to compare it to BbS (and I do have issues with how BbS did it too), at least it was like... just a continuing plot spread out over 3 characters.

DDD reminds me of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Literally most of the plot changes depending on which team/character you're playing and yet they're both apparently canon??? @_@ Why do people write stories like that.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Pride Lands. But KH2 Agrabah and Arendelle sure wanna give it a run for it's money.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Probably Disney Town because nothing really important happens there and the music makes me play it on mute. The only redeeming quality of Disney Town is that its existence allows Ven to have the scene where he tells Aqua and Terra that he can take two "grown ups" with him to Disney Town.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I can learn to enjoy all the worlds somehow even when it takes effort. If nothing else, I can ignore the scenes and enjoy the environments as if it's an original world I'm in; I do that with The Grid, San Fransokyo (although Repliku and Maleficent appearing there makes it more bearable than the others), Toy Box, and Monstropolis. Including those four worlds, the others I tend to brace myself for are Port Royal and Pride Lands in KH2, and Disney Town and the Keyblade Graveyard in BbS.

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
As a cartoon person, I love Disney Town because of its cartoony & rubberhose aesthetics, KH1 Atlantica has me hooked with its story, and in all honesty, despite nothing really happening, I can't really say KH2 Atlantica is even that bad.

....It's LITERALLY....just Wonderland in EVERY game it's been in. We got worlds like Olympus, Traverse Town, Deep Jungle, and even Agrabah, yet here we fucking are with Wonderland.

The most claustrophobic and blandest world in the entire series, with a storyline that could easily be replaceable, and no fucking doubt the most ANNOYING boss in the first set of worlds. On top of its field music being so jarring.

There is NOTHING music-wise, story-wise, gameplay-wise, and aesthetic-wise that's enjoyable about Wonderland. End of fucking story.

Side note, I'll say it again, I blame Disney's 'Princess line' for making me so...desensitized into believing that Ariel's more fitting as a PoH instead of Alice. Yes, I get it, Princesses of Heart aren't found in royalty...but, for some reason Ariel ALWAYS makes more sense to me than Alice, and I blame Disney for constantly advertising these 6 as like...the main 6.
disney-princess-wallpapers-01.jpg

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Well @disney233, what would they have done differently with Ariel then? Bear in mind Disney had little confidence in KH during the time the first game was made, so they were limited in what they could do. Plus, it would've been very likely she would've remained in her mermaid form, which would make it difficult for her to move around once rescued (unless she went into the waterways...).

Back