• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS series releasing on Switch via cloud streaming on February 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Barrett

Awards
If there was one thing I enjoyed out of playing these demos was that it was the novelty of playing a Kingdom Hearts game on the Switch that isn't Melody of Memory. The streaming was a bit rough for me, but it still felt wild just actually playing the games on the Switch. I just hope that Square doesn't take the criticisms and most likely poor sales of the Cloud Versions as like "Oh, guess no one really does want KH on Switch, why even bother trying to make native versions lol."

LeClefLame

Awards
Yes, a physical release for the Switch would mean better quality instead of relying on an internet connection for streaming.

Last edited:

TheZX

Awards
Please, everyone do yourself a favor and don't buy this. It's not worth it and we should continue to express an interest in an offline edition of at least most of these games. After trying the EXTREMELY short demos I can say without a doubt.. it sucks.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If there was one thing I enjoyed out of playing these demos was that it was the novelty of playing a Kingdom Hearts game on the Switch that isn't Melody of Memory. The streaming was a bit rough for me, but it still felt wild just actually playing the games on the Switch. I just hope that Square doesn't take the criticisms and most likely poor sales of the Cloud Versions as like "Oh, guess no one really does want KH on Switch, why even bother trying to make native versions lol."
The eternal catch 22 when it comes to 3rd parties on Nintendo consoles. If you buy the half-assed game they will make more half-assed games because they sell. If you don't they conclude that franchise doesn't sell on Nintendo and never tries again. It's a scenario where we cannot win.

See: Mass Effect 3 on Wii U in the same month for the same price as the whole trilogy on other platforms. Which EA has seriously cited as a reason they don't put out more games on Nintendo systems today.

I pray for a BBS/DDD tier game being announced soon as that'll probably be the only chance for a real KH experience on Switch.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Just finiahed the demo...its amazing...KH3 never played better on console before...I cant wait for the Cloud Versioms to release!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
BTW, the content of the demos is pretty shitty as well. 10-15 minutes from the start of each game when most of them have slow starts. What can you even get done in KH2 even if you're speedrunning it?

HakaishinChampa

Awards
BTW, the content of the demos is pretty shitty as well. 10-15 minutes from the start of each game when most of them have slow starts. What can you even get done in KH2 even if you're speedrunning it?
You should be able to complete the Seven Wonders iirc

but funny enough if you don't skip any cutscenes for KH2 - the demo ends during a cutscene before actual gameplay lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Steam Deck's looking better and better and it doesn't even run EGS natively! One could still a way to side load the games.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
You know, as insulting as Kingdom Hearts Unchained/Union X and Dark Road were for the fandom, at least they were functional products.

This is functional.

The barrier for entry just changes from a specific non-Switch console to a decent internet connection.

Actually, most people have a decent enough connection if they just replaced their ISP-issued routers with a decent one from Amazon. If it doesn't help, Amazon would take the router back no problem.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The experts who know way better than me weigh in.

maximumlight8

Awards
The experts who know way better than me weigh in.

it's a good video, but they don't know that these games internally run at 60FPS. In KH1, there are specific places you can use 30FPS to do some tricks you normally can't. on switch it is 100% impossible to do the 30FPS tricks, and the only explanation is they "patched it" or it runs at 60fps.

Now, I highly doubt it was patched because since the switch runs off the PC version, it was unpatched on PC. They're not even well known maneuvers so basically the only explanation is that these games runs at 60FPS on a server but output to 30FPS on switch. due to it, I would imagine it would feel really weird to play the games.

Back