• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU [roleplay]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
But today was day 69!!!

It didn't matter. Spike lazily sat on a fire hydrant next to his new job: wall duty. As much as he wanted to complain, he had agreed to it, and of having his phone taken away from his person. Today would have been his 69th day straight of streaming and he had planned on making an event out of the whole thing, but now that idea was done and dusted. All he could do now was wait for the Players to wake up, reach his wall, and clear his condition. He let loose a long yawn before rubbing his eyes. Maybe he should nap. It wasn't as if any action was going to head his way. Yeah, that was a good idea. Just a short nap, and if he wasn't awake when the Players showed up they could just wake him or something. No big deal. Spike closed his eyes and slumped slightly forward, his breathing growing slower and more rhythmically. He had thought of buying a new phone earlier in the day in order to bypass his punishment, but in order to get UG service the order would just head back to his superior--Kam--anyway, so it wouldn't have done him any good. He hoped the Players showed up soon. He was getting hungry.

Deimos

Awards
"Dead Kids Club, now there a team name I can get behind." Adagio mused, it had a not so subtle truth to it, but thats something they'd face this week. The girl, nameless, much like bossy-chick no more than an hour ago before she introduced herself. He wasn't going to push the issue, she seemed pretty invested in fumbling around with Kamiya's pet noise "Lucifer". Every instinct in Adagio's body was telling him, having a noise surveil them felt...rigged. The fact no one else questioned this...at least out-loud, seemed about right. He'd largely keep this feeling of unease under-wraps, much like Yuki's anger, creating more things to worry about or problems, wasn't a winning play to survive the coming days.

“Hey, d’you guys feel a…” DJ trailed off, before that feeling became contagious.

His black and white vision flickered, and the gray and white started to disappear, and only black was left. Leaving the impression that he'd suddenly been hit with fatigue. Wobbling at the knees, he dropped to both knees and dropped forward in the middle of the crossing's painted lines.

````

A brief clod of footsteps, fast, and maybe he was seeing things. Eyes barely opening, his head was in a daze, but he could've swore that he'd seen something. Now
Things were just getting weirder. Adagio was now once again in control of his body, and was still mostly lost on what exactly happened just now. One second they were corralled around the new player, the next...wait where they? He scratched his head, making out the area in black and white was already annoying as all heck, but the signage and placement of certain monuments was his go to.

"Day 2." he said nearly synonymous with their phones, five now, all vibrating and going off at the same time. That RNS app had this weird chuckling tone, as if it were meant to mock the players. He let out a sigh, pulling his phone out of his hoody and opening the app.

rise n shine
as promised, Day 2 mission
find the steamer’s phone.
b4 you start crying
relax
here’s a hint
I have it. come get it

There was an attachment sent to the group chat. "Someone's really confident sending personal pictures of themselves to complete strangers...anyway." Adago seemed a little more irritated today compared to yesterday, his eyes darted to the ferret noise cozying up to DJ. He looked down, the group chat was still going.

you’ve got
idk
im in no rush
the longer you take the more time I have to screw over this dude’s subscriber count
+ eat pancakes

She's feeling bold today, didn't indicate a completion time. Adagio stared at his hand waiting for a timer to appear, and as the next few seconds thumbed along, no shirk of pain was to be seen. Bless. "Cat Street." he said finally getting a full picture of where they were, "Tower Records Shibuya should be the back street, the side street leads to Miyashita Park, and directly ahead of us at the end of the street to the north will take us to Tokyu Plaza."

"None of you are from Shibuya right? Well, theres only one place around here that makes great pancakes, and thats CutiePies on Takeshita Street." Adagio pointed in the direction they needed to go.

"Also...I really hope none of you replied to that random group chat we got thrown into with Coach. Maybe if we get stuck it's a safe bet to ask him a question, it sounds like he's a reaper, not sure what to make of him." Adagio folded his arms and tilted his head, if that wasn't bad enough, he was staring at what looked like red thorns blocking access to Tokyu Plaza.

"You don't see that everyday...great, whats the deal with this wall? We need to pass through here to get to Tokyu Plaza and there is no detour we can take, this is it." He buried his hands into his hoody's pockets and looked the wall up and down. Come to think of it, Miyashita Park and Tower Records all had walls, but their colors were different, this one was red, the others were black, was that significant?

"Really don't wanna ask Coach for advice here until we exhaust our options..." He held his player pin in his hand, "Maybe try scanning?"

purgatory

Awards
I had this really set of priorities in my head. Once they'd all gone and the girl to whom we still didn't know, chose to actively ignore me and Adagio both, I said whatever. My phone was going off, verbs of some motivational speech from a guy addressing himself as "Coach" the same one Kamiya just warned them about. I was especially considerate in hitting the mute notifications on that group-chat in particular. No one was was gonna throttle or take me for a an emotional roller coaster ride this week that wasn't the GM. Being forward was just hard-coded into my personality, and not to offend Jin, I simply participated by flicking my pin like a coin to imitate him. There was a weird phenomenon that occurred, my head whirled and things shifted into some weird bluish-gray hue. I felt like I was going to lose it as this was some sort of tunnel-vision by first impression, and then they all came.

Voices.

I clutched my head, where these the thoughts of all these ghosts that couldn't interact with them? Regular folks thoughts, no thanks, she shook her head at Jin. "Thats more than enough for me." I really wish that was the end of it, there was a flash of dizziness that came next. I could barely make it out, but everyone else seemed to be stumbling about no exceptions before it all went dark.

It was a rough start to the week, that was less than wonderful all things considered. Raised my head in an almost loathsome manner, my face soured, like i'd been resurrected from the dead. Head was killing me, no closer to really understanding the ultimate objective of "why" we were doing any of this. Shuffling around just a little before I finally managed to stand up just fine. I took my phone out of my gatto-nero backpack as it was vibing like crazy.
'probably from resting bi- I mean, Kamiya.' I rolled my eyes seeing the notifications in my lock screen.

As promised, we were on the prowl looking for Spike's phone. Shocker. The texts went on, Kamiya had the phone. SHOCKER. Oh this was the best part, how smug do you have to be to snap a picture of yourself? Vain, vain, vain was all I could perpetuate in my head shaking it, not knowing where the hell she was located either. I vaguely heard Adagio mention a few street names, he might as well have been speaking a different language because I wasn't from here. Once he pointed, that was more like it, very straight forward and easy to understand, but to our best efforts we got met with resistance. A wall of thorns erected, first spotted by DJ, then his comments followed. Scanning?

"Scan...what exactly...?" this wasn't said in sarcasm, more like a hesitated bewilderment. I'll come clean here, if "scanning" was that weird thing I did by accident twice yesterday, then no thanks. Getting the noise drowned out in an ocean of thoughts wasn't my thing really.

"Yeah...lets NOT use that group chat. Coach sounds like some omega fangirl mixed with high expectation father. No thanks." I face palmed, and dragged my hand down my face. Dragging my hand miserably down my face, i thought of the idea to scan sometime again. "These player pins let us read minds of those Ghost we pass on the street...those ARE ghost right?" I started to sound ridiculous, "...I mean, big surprise, maybe we're the ghosts seeing as we're dead and all. Second vote for Dead Kids Club DJ."

I gulped, clutching the pin and the bluish-gray wave expanded again. The flooding of thoughts pooled in, and yet...something was off. Adagio, DJ, Jin, and the new girl. None of them had thoughts that could be discerned, it was like they were being blocked. Huh..wait...theres another one. Looming off in the corner, I noticed what looked like to be the streamer from yesterday. I couldn't scan his thoughts either, if that wasn't suspicious I didn't know what else to think.

"Well would you look at that, that reaper from yesterday is just hanging out. Lovely." Could you tell I was starting to get into it, i wasn't thrilled, but I wasn't put off entirely. "Hey, whats your deal? You know anything about this wall?" I jumped down his throat, straight to the point, just saying what everyone else was thinking like usual.

"I see that personality only seems to come out in front of your viewers...shame about that. Same question. The wall."

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Jin smiled at DJ as she knuckle-bumped his arm, and the group seemed to be in agreeance. "Okay," Jin said, "sounds like the Dead Kids Club is a go. We're like The Breakfast Club of the Damned."

Yuki indulged Jin by flicking her pin as well, which seemd to lead to a brief episode. "Yuki!" Jin said with concern as he approached her to see if she was alright. She seemed to get her bearings, but before anything else, Jin felt dizzy, the world look hazy, and then everything was dark.

---------------------------

Jin woke up with the rest of the crew in the middle of the street. DJ asked if they were all good. "Yeah, I'm alive I guess. Or- wait, nevermind. Poor choice of words..." Jin rubbed his face and opened the slew of messages on his phone. Their mission for the day was here, and it came off arrogant as all get-out, but what should they expect. He also opened a group chat they were added to by the "Coach" Kamiya mentioned and read through it. Yuki voiced against responding and Jin watched as she muted it on her phone. Adagio basically suggested using this group chat as a last resort, which Jin could get behind. "Yeah, I don't think there's harm in keeping the line open, but this text makes the guy sound like a nut, I'm not sure what help he'd be..."

Jin closed his phone and looked up. Adagio named out streets like Shibuya was his literal backyard, and he immediately came up with CutiePies as a possibility for the mission location. "Dude, nice work. Maybe we won't have to hoof it today too much after all, sounds like you've got the locations in the bag." There was a tone of positivity in Jin's voice, he felt like they were starting Day 2 strong and he already felt a little more at ease just having someone along who knew where they were and where they were going.

Adagio recommended scanning, to which Yuki hesitated. "Yeah Yuki, I think it's the second. These people that pass through us, well, they aren't the ghosts here..." Jin felt a sense of melancholy as he passed his hand through a passerby's face. "Do you think that gives them chills?"

Ultimately Yuki decided to try scanning, and before they knew it she was face to face with Spike, the streamer from yesterday. He made his way over as well as Yuki began interrogating him, and he looked back to Adagio and DJ, hoping Yuki wasn't going to try and pick a fight again.

"Before you go taking on Spike's mission, I must implore you to hear out Coach's(!) sidequest for you." Jin's attention was quickly caught by a man who appeared seemingly out of nowhere behind DJ and Adagio. The man was tall and buff. He had long gray hair that fell down to his waist, he had a bushy black beard and mustache that entirely obscured his mouth, and he wore sunglasses with frames shaped like dandelions. He sported a red Jersey that said "Reapers" across the front and was adorned with the Reapers' skull.

"I'm here on behalf of The Coach! I am his harrier, Linebacker Kaz, and while you all may have already made the team, he still wanted me to come and check out what your made of, see where your heart is at."

COACH'S CHALLENGE 1!

"You will soon be given a task to complete in order to pass this wall. In addition to your given task, you may also take on Coach's(!) Challenge should you so choose. It can be accepted on a player-by-player basis. Those who complete it will be given a reward fitting of a real team MVP. Those who choose not to partake will feel Coach'(!)s wrath in your bones for the remainder of the second day. You bonus objective is: Complete Spike's entire task to pass his wall while doing lunges; no walking, no running or jumping, only lunges. Work those quads! Tone those glutes!" Linebacker Kaz folded his arms over his beard and waited for the challenge's acceptance or rejection.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
"Hey, whats your deal? You know anything about this wall?"

Spike snorted loudly as he shook awake. He hadn't fully fallen asleep, but was much closer to sleep than being fully conscience.
"Oh, hey gamers." He slowly stood from his makeshift seat and rubbed his back where the pointy tip of the fire extinguisher had dug into his skin. He let out a yawn as he got his bearings. "Sorry. Sleepy," he explained as he removed the cap off his head--a rare move--and passed his hands through his scraggy hair before he replaced the brimmed hat and threw his hood over his head.

"I see that personality only seems to come out in front of your viewers...shame about that. Same question. The wall."
"Too tired to keep that energy up without an audience, you know? It ain't easy being in front of a camera all day. You gotta be 'on' all the time. Anyway. How's the morning treating you, gamers? Does your group have a name yet? If not I might just start calling you all 'The Balloon Squad Protector's Club' instead. Hah!" The singular laugh left him in an air-y manner, as if he had stifled a yawn. "Anyway. Again. You want to go down this route? Want past this wall? Then you'll have to pass the mission from the assigned Reaper. And this wall's assigned Reaper?" Spike pumped two thumbs upwards towards his face. "Is this handsome devil right here! And my mission? Well--"

"Before you go taking on Spike's mission, I must implore you to hear out Coach's(!) sidequest for you."

Spike looked just passed the Players and saw...um. Well, it was definitely a person. He let the newcomer give his spiel while looking him over. Spike chuckled quietly to himself before muttering,
"Linebacker Kaz, huh? So that's your deal," out of earshot. "Right," he said loudly to the Players, "like I was saying. The mission could be whatever I want it to be. I could make you fight some Noise, solve some puzzle, or even just make me laugh. But here's the thing: I'm hungry. And I want my favorite snack: a strawberry crepe, with all the fixing's. Get me one of them, and I'll take this wall down for you." Spike stretched a bit before continuing. "I already know what you're thinking. How are you gonna get one of them when you're stuck in the Under Ground and are all dead and stuff, right? Well peep it! Because we Reapers are such nice people, we stuck these Reaper Skull sigils in front a bunch of stores and shops, so you can go inside and interact with people from the Real Ground--living people. They'll be able to see and hear you in those stores so you can shop around and get loot and fill your bellies. And it just so happens that there's a small store around the corner with those sigils that sell the best crepes this side of Shibuya. Oh, and I'm no cheap slummy chump, take this pin." Spike lazily flipped a light blue pin at Adagio. It bore a stylized "1000" on it. "You can cash that in at the clerk for fat ¥1000. The crepe should cost ¥500, so keep the change. And make sure to pick up any pins you might find in the future. Noise might drop 'em and if you want to survive the Game, you'll want to grab as many as you can to level up. And...that's about that. Go get me my food and I'll let you pass. Play Linebacker Kaz's game if you want, but remember no one likes a soggy crepe, so careful with those lunges. Right. Any questions? If not, then you should bounce. I want my phone back and you want to clear today's mission."

Awards
Kam takes the newly unlocked phone with a whistle, thumbing through the apps. “Shit, you’re a genius…” Rhys said… Twitch, right? Thank God these apps had names to them, not like Kam has any idea what the hell the right icon should look like.

“Hey, so,” Kam glances up to regard the other Reaper, her pancakes forgotten in favor of regarding Rhy with a somewhat piercing gaze. “The entry fees for this round? There’s one from a Player I can't find. Didn't see 'em Day One, or today. Like they don't even exist. Something like that happen before?”

Everyone, thankfully, gradually came to from the fog, seemingly all okay and unharmed For the most part. DJ wished she could celebrate that with a little more than a sigh of relief, but already Yuki was interrogating the reaper from yesterday. Rousing him from his snooze and getting straight to the point. Sure, there was no time limit, but that didn’t mean they had the luxury to just laze around like Spike seemingly did. He didn’t seem to be doing nearly as much work, either, so how he could even be hungry at a time like this - when the Players were the ones fighting tooth and nail to survive - kinda felt humiliating.

And to add to that humiliation, not only were they ordered to be the reaper’s crepe deliverers, but they had to do the dreadful E word while doing it… Exercise.

DJ raises her hand, hoping to attract the newly appeared reaper’s attention, “But I, uh, how do we? Do lunges for that long?” From what Adagio had implied, it seemed their mission would be taking them to more than just this street alone. DJ dropped her hand and tapped the side of her head in thought. “I mean, I guess we could, but we probably would burn just as many, if not more calories from running… or even from fighting those static-y creature things.”

She realizes it’s the most words she’s strung together in a sentence since arriving at this place, and immediately turns a tint of pink as she ducks her hand into her pocket. “Can I… pass?” Kaz did say it was a player-by-player basis, right? “I swear I’ll do Coach’s next one, though! Cross my heart...?”

Her gaze flicks to Adagio, who seemed to have more of a grasp on this area than the rest of the group. DJ for sure. Nagoya wasn’t small, per se, but not nearly as large as Tokyo, and she’s certain even people from here would probably have a hard time navigating through the countless streets.

Really, Adagio seemed to know quite a lot about this, actually. From the scanning to the earlier tips during their first fight… Meanwhile, all DJ could do was just… take orders. She wishes she could be as proactive as Yuki, or knowledgeable as Adagio, and even Jin and the new player would bring their own qualities to aide the team. But what could DJ contribute aside from a team name?

“We’ll get you that crepe," DJ says, nodding in Spike's direction, gaze narrowing with determination. "Thanks for the help, Spike. Hope you get your phone back...” She didn’t mean for it to sound so throw-away - DJ genuinely meant it, after all. A flicker of movement caught her eye, and she turned back to regard the pink ferret, Lucifer, who was still by the newest Player's side. "Ah! Are you okay?" Shuffling to the other female, she bends on one knee and offers a hand. "We should really get started on the mission, uhm...?" Oh, that's right... They never did do introductions, did they?

Last edited:

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Her periphery warped and blurred. Staring intensly at the pink creature, her vision tunneled until that was the only part of her surroundings she could register. Sounds of others trying to call to her muffled to the point of a soft, white noise. A bemused, stupefied laughter pumped from her chest in an uneven staccato beat.

Then, all went cold. Her chuckles ceased suddenly and without sustain. A sharp, searing wave cut through her head. Before she could utter the expletive on her tongue, her sight went dark, and her ears stopped hearing. Numb to the touch, she fell to the ground, and her mind drifted away from her waking self.

~There is no pain,
You are receding.
..~​

"You'll come back to me... promise?"

"I' promise I'll never leave you."

Bzzzz... Bzzzz

The numbness was the first thing to subside; the phone in her pocket vibrated against her leg, bringing her conscious mind back to. Still, she squeezed her eyelids down. Just a few more minutes, please! There were voices around her. At first, muffled as the ones from before, this time with a layer of reverberation. Gradually, they grew louder, and less echoey, as though they were getting closer to her. She tried to keep her eyes shut; she hoped they wouldn't notice she was awake.

But the jig was up. She felt someone kneel down in front of her. A female sounding voice spoke.

"We should really get started on the mission, uhm...?"

She opened her eyes halfway, then quickly closed them to a squint. "Am... am I Trippin?" she asked, timidly slurring her words.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Rhys had a more of a pensive face than normal, it didn't suite her. A half-worn scowl was more her speed, she hit Rhys with an inquiry one that gave her pause. This wasn't something terribly uncommon, but the weird part was being unable to track the player after they'd entered the game. The Reapers Game as a whole, was named differently and played differently based on the territory and the hierarchy there, it was starting to irritate her indicative in a sharp stare her face manifested when he crossed her mind.

"A player thats entered the game, but hasn't been found yet huh." Rhys wasn't a deep thinker, better to keep things pest and problem free, "I don't know what kind of rules shibuya's head honcho uses here, but dropping players in and hiding them isn't normal in the slightest." She blank twice, realizing Spike was nowhere to be found, what the hell was that idiot doing now?

"You want I should go grab that idiot and we go look for this missing player Kam?"

---

[Ugadawa Backstreets; 10:15AM]

Rien had been observing the wall from the bottom of the staircase, "Someone really imprinted on this huh. Even effects folks in the RG, well thats one way to cut the work down." in banter that surprised no one, the lax nature of Hanekoma bloomed.

Still. What he learned yesterday was pretty concerning, someone on the roster wasn't accounted for. To make things a bit more convenient, sections of Shibuya not related to today's assignment by Kamiya were black-walled. No entry granted to the players. If the final player didn't spawn among the other five, it'd mean despite entering the UG they hadn't registered to a team. Entry fees collected, RNS app was cleared, but they weren't indexed to a team.

Rien wasn't feeling up to it, bothering Dex and Van right now when they were supposed to be keeping a low-profile. He sat at the top of the steps and stared down, and dug into his pocket. A globule that was a crystal blue, that'd be the UG's equivalent of a soul, miniature and held in his hands. Souls? From where he and the gang hailed, those were closest in a collective consciousness regarded as "pure memories".

"Tsugumi..." he uttered staring at the soul that was just a bit smaller than a tennis ball. "You ever wonder if you had a second chance, that you could change...? Or was it ok that you'd sacrifice even Rhys to survive?" Rien looked over his shoulder and saw someone standing at the mural behind him. "Sometimes I wonder..."

He made this really weird smirk, and uttered something to which he couldn't really make out in plain english.

Rien wasn't really paying attention, it was almost as if someone was talking to him? It honestly sounded more like static...something he was very familiar with. How could he explain it, they were talking on two different vibes, and the words being made out were scratchy at best.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say whoever that is...is talking to me?" Rien blinked and suddenly he was gone, or was that person ever really there...to begin with? You'd think the obvious solution would've just been "raise your vibe" but that has it's share of effects that don't merge well with the UG, even if it is a higher plane of existence.

Deimos

Awards
"Linebacker Kaz...you guys really gotta work on better titles." Adagio cringed, at least his nickname was music related, "So ignoring the challenge has backlash? Does it really matter if we don't all do it? We succeed as a team right or wrong?" Adagio extended his hand, asking the real questions here, "Look no big deal. I'll do the challenge, no sense penalizing an entire team, its different if we all abstain, then sure, let him get peeved."

He sighed, limbering up. Spike had already gave what looked light blight acknowledgement to Kaz, seems like not all reapers were on the same team here. That might be something they could probably use against whichever set of reapers they're having the most problems with, and right now it seemed to be Kamiya and Spike.

Nobody really asked for an explanation, but Spike explained something important at least. Buildings around here that possessed the same decal found the in RNS app, in the window or on the building somewhere, allowed them entrance into that space in the realground. That, was actually extremely useful information, he quickly pulled out his phone and opened his notes app, to add this in. Not before he was done, he hurled what looked like a pin emblazoned with Yen and a number on it.

Raising his head he heard a name, DJ reached out and asked for their fifth member's name. Beating him to the punch, she was two for two with this streak. "Hey Jin." Adagio leaned over and whispered, "You are gonna help me with this challenge right?" you really had to pay attention to how Adagio said it, almost like Jin didn't have a choice here. You had to really let it sink in when Kam said not to piss of the reapers, even if they hadn't actually seen Coach yet, this was enough to warrant a response.

The other girl, she asked a question. One hell of a question at that, "Trippin...? You asking us? Or is that your name?" Adagio had already initiated his lunges heading towards Miyashita Park
. "You know, if they walk in front of us, and beat us to the vendor, that's actually less time we have to do these ridiculous ass lunges..!" You could tell he wasn't a fan, but he was determined.

purgatory

Awards
You already knew I wasn't happy with this turn of events. The streamer was hungry, oh la dee dah, so to get past the wall we have to clear his mission. If what Kamiya said yesterday was anything worth going by, clearly we weren't encouraged to make our situations worse and I said fine. I already knew I was stubborn, so if I'm admitting that, then I'm taking it type serious. That was yesterday, today was Day 2 and I'm already in a bit of push-back to move things along here.

"Thats all you want is a Crepe? Easier said than done." I'd made a mental note to keep an eye out for those reaper decals on buildings from now on. "If we're dead...what even is the point of eating anything?"

That questioned rolled off to nobody's knowledge and I was fine with that. I rolled my eyes, and what do you know? Yet another reaper showed up, some dude named Kaz. I missed the first part because I was busy gagging mentally (LOL) at how gaudy he was dressed. Was he forreal? I turned to DJ discreetly, "we might need to show him how to dress properly...just a suggestion."

Princess finally decided to open her mouth and say something, Adagio was saying what I was thinking. I couldn't tell if she was trying to be funny or if that was her name. I rolled my eyes, "Trippin is what we're gonna refer to you, just so you know...might wanna think of something...not stupid?" Better to crush the eggshells than prance around them. My inner dialogue sounded something like you cannot be serious.

Adagio had already thought to do the lunges before it was even an after thought. DJ wasn't having it, and by the looks of it he'd tried to coerce Jin into moving and grooving. I get it. Scared of the reapers "wrath" sounded more like a threat than an incentive, one I don't think I could ignore. Whatever Trippin wanted to do, that was on her, but I got down and took several steps towards Miyashita park myself. Impressive how Kaz didn't even explain what "lunges" were and if you didn't know what the hell he was talking about, you'd likely be on the same side as DJ with this little side mission.

"Don't make it too difficult for us Kaz." I said to the gaudy dressed reaper as I started to plant my legs. This psyche for some reason made my limbs a lot more limber than I ever remember them being when I was alive. Before I knew it i had already shot past Adagio and stopped at the stand. One problem, he was the one that had the pin that doubled as currency, go figure.

Max

Staff member
Awards
"Any Player who chooses not to do the lunges shall face Coach's inner pain and wrath. If two team members complete the task, those two are rewarded while the ones who fail face the consequences."

Linebacker Kaz's expression couldn't be read, eyes hidden behind those ridiculous dandelion sunglasses and the rest of his face obscured by bushy beard. His arms remained crossed, and Jin winced a little at his words as he tried to get a feel for what the rest of the team wanted to do.

DJ seemed like she wasn't too worried about doing it. She didn't seem keen on the exercise and openly waved it off. Adagio on the other hand limbered himself up and beckoned Jin on, Jin could tell Adagio was NOT going to be doing this alone. Jin was okay with that. Everything he'd seen these past two days considered, he wasn't feeling like testing boundaries yet.

Jin got in position and did his best to keep pace with Adagio. They lunged together, side by side, and Jin gave a reassuring nod as they pressed on. "Why do you think this is happening? Like," Jin swallowed a deep breath, trying to talk while exercising, "why do we have to do this crap? Get him a crepe, do lunges or be punished? It's like a weird ass form or torture and entertainment for them, why would this determine whether we deserve another chance," HEAVE, "at life?... I just don't get it Adagio."

Before Jin knew it, Yuki had zipped past the two of them, limber as can be. She didn't look terribly athletic to Jin, but she really surprised him. Maybe she'd have all of this Coach nonsense in the bag.

Yuki seemed unimpressed as she stood by the vendor waiting for the rest of the team. He soon realized why she was just waiting.

Jin paused his lunges at the restaurant by the order counter, holding an awkward stance in case getting out of position counted as quitting.

"Can we, uh, get one strawberry crepe please, with everything that comes on it."

The odd look the group received was totally warranted. Jin's ridiculous lunge pose, a single crepe ordered between the 5 of them. That was when he was asked to pay and he realized why Yuki was waiting, all the money Spike had given them was on Adagio.

Jin turned towards Adagio with a forced smile and a look of embarrassment. "You got this one, buddy? Heh-heh..."

Chromatic

Become
Awards
"Trippin...? You asking us? Or is that your name?"

The girl's head pivoted lazily towards a boy standing nearby. "I..." she started, hesitantly, choking on her thought before she could articulate it in full. "I don't know." Her eyes glistened as a pool of tears filled them. Fuckin' great! You don't even know you're own name now. "Shut up," she whispered inaudibly.

"Trippin is what we're gonna refer to you, just so you know...might wanna think of something...not stupid?"

The buildup of tears began to flow down her face. She looked back to the girl in front of her. "It's all j-j... just... b-blank. It's what this text said..." She pulled the phone out, showing the message she had seen previously. "I guess that's my name... but I don't know. And I don't know what this place is." She began to tremble and shiver. "Or how I got here, or where I was before I was here, or--"

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Oh tumultuous tyrant, Dexter was quicker than expected. She'd virtually disappeared from Miyashita Park heading into the crossing from the intersection beyond the stairs. Van sighed, rolling his eyes as they turned to see the small shoppe located just on his right. The Reaper decal was plastered over the building. Vandiken cut his eyes, one of those kids knocked out from a few moments ago was really moving.

Thats...!! he must've blinked at the determination in their eyes slogged them along doing what looked to be some weird over-extensions of the leg. He wasn't a fitness freak or anything, but that had to be rather taxing on the body, dead or not. He was privy to their identities, after running their profiles yesterday. A bead of silence hit Van, as the clopping of footsteps started to pile on, met with exhaustion and exasperation.

The one girl looked rather irritated, as if she were impatient much like Dexter often expressed. Two others trudged along behind, both the other guys in their team. There were of course more, but they definitely didn't seem as interested in looking so...ridiculous. 'The hell...are they doing..?' Van shook his head, he was pretty embarrassed for them as his hand soft palmed his face.

"All new players just start prattling around like you? Wheres your sense of priority, newbs." He broke the silence and addressed them directly.

Dexter came storming up the steps with her fists slung downward, wondering why the hell it was taking him so long. She widened her eyes a bit, seeing that this idiot was interacting with the players against orders. "Dude! What the hell are you doing?!" she grabbed him by the cusp of his collar and gave it a tug. Van jerked and swatted her hand, "Hey! you gonna just pass this opportunity up?" Van turned to Dex who'd been giving him a menacing stare down.

"Lets not go back to the Grafight Days right now Van...lets just..!!" Something caught her attention and the fangirl came out. "oh my god! Is that a Gatto Nero backpack!?"

The eerily creepy look in her eyes as she raised both of her hands menacingly hovering just behind Yukinoshita, to get a more intimate inspection of her gear. Van straightened his collar and waited for the rest of their group to form, it looked like they were in the middle of a mission anyway so he'd keep it short.
"Which one of you runts is the leader?"

Deimos

Awards
Once he hit the pavement, he began to regret his decision of doing Coach's challenge. He was definitely starting to feel it, but more than anything he wasn't alone, which was good. Yuki and Jin had both taken up Coach's challenge, he couldn't worry about anyone else bowing out at that point. You had to give it to them, that little persuasion from Coach...if you wanna call threatening them persuasion, then congratulations, it works! He was pretty gungho about, but Jin had pulled ahead of him, and wouldn't you know it.

Wait. Wait...who were they?

The ripe saying, it dribbled off the top of his brain. "Newbs, Players." Someone was talking to them, they hadn't even gotten to the shop yet and suddenly Adagio stopped and turned his head. Two guady looking people, one that mouthed the group and another that seemed to be in the middle of retaliating back. Maybe those shots were aimed at her, either way he was fully prepared to ignore them both and give Jin and Yuki his full attention as they'd reached the outside of the shop before he did.

It just couldn't be the simple could it. The clodding of footsteps approached, blowing past him to inspect Yuki in her personal space. Dead or not, boundaries, hello? Adagio shifted his head, everything was in black and white so he couldn't exactly make out whatever her color pallet was, but she could dress...in grayscale definitely.

"Which one of you runts is the leader?"

And there it is. Someone wanted their name, date of birth, social security number, etc. Exaggerated, but the raw deal was simple, ya just go with the flow here and try not to fight it...as they'd already seen with Yuki getting her fangs dulled by Kambria yesterday.

"This team doesn't have a leader...least not officially? You sure you're from Japan...manners. What are your names...and tell your friend to stop harassing ours....her peepers are giving me the creeps, do human eyes really get that big??" could you tell Adagio was about as annoyed as Yuki probably was uncomfortable.

Reactions: Max

purgatory

Awards
Damnit. I'd gotten ahead of myself and left them in the dust, but they'd eventually get it together and catch up. To say that I expected what happened next was an understatement. I could feel it, the heavy ass presence of eyes that were burning into the back of my skull. My body was giving way to jittering and goosebumps, as I almost didn't even want to turn around. Me, the mouthy one with all the attitude started to get chills. That presence was definitely overpowering, hard to miss as I could hear the snapping of fingers and the looming shadow of a fan girl's face before I turned my head with a snap.

"What the hell are you staring at!" I shouted with nearly all my breath.

Thankfully I didn't enter the shop yet, the keep would've thought I was mental, but there I was in the UG with this weirdo in a stare down. She seemed really interested in my backpack, it was something gifted to me by one of my girlfriends. Would you believe it, being somewhat uncharacteristic.

"It's Gatto Nero yeah?" I eased up a bit, "You a fan of the brand as well? Creator's a legend I swear."

I think that was about as much as I was about willing to show as I nervously began to back up, bumping into Jin. "Sorry Jin, not good at dealing with fangirls. Let alone ones that don't even say who they are, just...fondle your stuff, what the hell." I rolled my eyes, noticing Adagio was getting interrogated too. I pulled the straps over my sleeves and felt like these two were, just off for some reason. The feeling was way too blase and free-flowing, that nerve-wracking day one probably ruined my expectations so I couldn't be sure.

Awards
"You want I should go grab that idiot and we go look for this missing player Kam?"

“No. Too much work,” was Kam’s quick response to the offer. The drawl is irritable and at the same time easy, as the reaper leaned back into the booth and messes a hand through her hair. “I’ll look into it. Later.” This day already felt ridiculously longer than it needed to be, the last thing she needed was to add more to her to-do list.

“Here,” she slides the phone across the table back to Rhys, then pushes herself from the booth to a stand. “Pass that to Spike, before he dies of boredom.” Lucky for him, she didn’t mess with it. There’s always next time. She’d have her fun when the time was right; but for now, she needed to see what those players were up to. She slings her guitar case over one shoulder and slips her hands into her pockets. “I’m gonna check in on those kids. Feel free to join after the drop-off. Bring Spike if you want.”

So Trippin was her name? That was… strange, but DJ couldn’t help but disagree with Yuki: It was also a pretty damn cool name. DJ resisted the urge to be too weird about it, though, and instead offered what the girl truly needed right now: some encouragement. She let a hesitant but comforting hand fall on the crying girl’s shoulder. Not like she could blame her for freaking out. Understandable. This was… a lot to take in.

But they also couldn’t fall behind, and DJ gave a small squeeze as she watched the team head off in the direction of the shop. “We should get going, yeah?” Taking the girl’s hand, she led the two of them to the vendor, Lucifer trotting not too far behind.

DJ paused at the storefront as Jin proceeded with the order, hoping that after this, they’d have

Of course, it couldn’t be as simple as that (it never was).

It was kind of a shock, the number of Reapers they ran into in such a short amount of time. Didn’t they have other teams they could be bullying? Menacing? DJ nodded at Adagio’s explanation to one of the Reapers who asked about a team leader, muttering quietly, “We haven’t decided yet.” A team without a leader seemed rather sloppy, but for this group, maybe they didn’t exactly need one? They seemed to be faring rather okay without one. They haven’t been erased yet at least.

The pair seemed rather eccentric, one of them even badgering Yuki about her backpack. Was it designer? DJ didn’t even notice... As soon as Yuki retreated into the storefront where Jin was, DJ stepped in-between the entrance and the Reapers, essentially blocking off their line of sight to the others.

Strangely defensive.

“Are you guys also with Kam?”

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Day 2. It had been day 2 and she still hadn't found who she was looking for. Sana angrily thumbed at her phone, sliding through different menus and options before decisively pressing down on the touchscreen. Maybe this time...? Bright colors zoomed across her phone as cheerful jingles filled the earbuds in her ears. 2 stars. 2 stars. 2 stars. Once again Sana tapped at the screen to skip past the useless pulls. Nine out of the ten were worthless two stars, but the last one was at least a guaranteed three star or higher thanks to pulling in a bundle, so maybe it'll be the one...? ...Nope. Three stars. And one she had pulled a while back to boot. Sana pouted to herself. It was day 2 of this stupid gacha event and she had yet to pull the exclusive Five Star Blorbo. That meant she would have to grind out another few hours just for a chance to get him. Either that or pay actual cash money for a shot. She shivered at the idea of being so desperate. There was still most of the week left, surely luck would shine down on her.

In the mean time Sana decided to head out, keeping her head low against the crowd as she focused on her phone once again and checking her messages. Man. She couldn't believe this dude was bothering her again. She wanted to delete the message outright but thought better of it for now and pocketed the device. As she passed the various windows of different shops, they reflected her and the crowd she was following along with. Dark skin. Black hair with red tips, with long bangs on either side of her face and the back of her hair had been tied up just behind her head so it almost looked like it bloomed in the same way a crimson flower might. She tugged at the leather choker on her neck to get it in a more comfortable position, but she was at least thankful the weather had allowed her to get away with wearing her favorite black jacket and similarly shaded ripped jeans.

After entering the small store and placing her order, Sana sat patiently at one of the tiny tables, once again fiddling on her phone. Her head rested on a free hand which was propped up against the table itself and she looked up with a disinterested look as more people came into the shop, but she raised an eyebrow as the group were...doing light exercises? And one of them was...well, he sure ain't no Blorbo, but he was still someone Sana was more than happy to see. A small hint of a smile was all she allowed herself, instead of the full blown laughter she wanted to go for. Still, curiosity had got the best of her and she just had to know what the deal was. Sana steeled herself and walked up to the counter where one of the guys was seemingly stuck in a mid-lunge.
"Are you...what are you doing?" Despite her best efforts, Sana had to cover her mouth with her hand to hide the growing smile on her lips.

As Jin waited for the order, he heard the girl's question beside him. He turned his head and it was as he feared, the girl to which the voice belonged was looking right at him, covering her mouth. It was no secret, she was trying not to laugh. Jin straightened up and faced her, nervously rubbing the back of his neck with his palm. Was his palm actually this sweaty, or was it his neck that was sweaty from all the lunges?
"I uh, well, it's exactly what it looked like, my friends and I were doing some light lunges when we decided to stop for a crepe, heh." Honesty was the best policy, right?

Sana couldn't help but let a out a giggle.
"Sorry, I'm not laughing at you, it's just that you must be serious about your routines if you keep going even when going for sweets!" He looked exactly how she remembered him, except maybe... "Dude, how big are your arms?" She made an obvious glance towards Jin's biceps, or maybe lack thereof. Still, there was some definition there. "Do you have a personal coach or something? I don't think they were that big last time."

She giggled. She started checking him out, eyeing his arms and making comments and questions about his workout routine, and Jin felt flustered. This was new, a girl approaching him in public and showing interest, at least that's what he thought this was. It was like something out of a movie, and all it took was Jin dying and doing squats like an idiot in the afterlife for something to happen. Jin smiled and nervously scratched his nose like he had an itch, unsure of what to do with his hands.
"It's funny you mention a coach, I, uh..." He trailed off. "I... Wait." His smile turned into confusion. "What do you mean 'last time?'"

Her smile faltered. Sana looked down, more than a little dejected. Still, it made sense.
"You don't remember me, huh? Nah that--that tracks. It was only during an afternoon and was for a little bit of time--"
"Hot fudge sundae, order up!" One of the workers at the pick-up counter yelled out, snapping Sana out of her train of thought.
"That's me," she said simply before making her way to her to grab her ice cream. Once there, she took the receipt and flipped it over, using the tied up nearby pen to scribble something on the back side. Before leaving the store, she sheepishly headed towards Jin and pushed the receipt with her name and phone number onto him. "I gotta get to work, but shoot me a text sometime, 'kay?" She winked. With that she quickly strode outside and was washed away with the crowd, pulling out her phone with her off-hand. She felt luckier already.

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Rhys knew one thing, if anything. Kam really wasn't about to do even more work than she needed to. It was strange that there was another player that was unaccounted for, A Game Master was just that, not a babysitter. There was a bit of a smirk that acknowledged this fact, opening her eyes to see Kam's hand slide Spike's phone across the table to her. Her expression of shock as her eyes flickered was noteworthy, if not outright impressive.

Pass that to Spike, before he dies of boredom.

She nodded in acknowledgement, accepting Spike's now unlocked phone. This withdrawl she mentioned was something she just had to see for herself. As Kam slid from out of the table and gathered her belongings she left her with a point of interest. It made her wonder if GMs where supposed to be this invested in the players albeit it only the second day, after all, it was just a week right?

I'll see what he wants to do first if nothing else. was the best Rhys could offer her as she waved Kam upon leaving the shop.

Staring at Spike's phone, she couldn't help but be a little curious. This man was probably married to his cellphone and likely carried his entire life on this thing. Not that she was particularly interested in his background, he was dexterous as well as versatile. That being said, she picked his phone up realizing their were still menus left on the table, and that waitress never made her way back. She wouldn't be recommending the service, not today at least.

The bell chimed at the door and who came through it but him.

Kamiya already bailed it looks like.

A fit of rage spurred me on as the waitress that ignored us started to engage with him, double rude.

No table for me doll, just missed a co-worker. Long hair, lugs around a guitar case. Most work you'll ever see her do, but shhhh, don't tell her I said that ok.

It wasn't the time to start a scene. Placing my hat over my head i brushed through, unable to resist jabbing my shoulder into his arm.

Rien turned, briefly catching glimpse of the lilac hair and stood their in inquiry. Still, to him there was no point standing around if the GM was already on the move. His earlier endeavor to find you know who ended up for naught, couldn't say he was totally surprised.

Later on Cat Street...

Naturally this was the very end of Tokyu Plaza's limits and a red wall of thorns barred all entry. Rhys was only a harrier, if she wasn't the one that issued the wall, she couldn't just pass through it willy-nilly, someone like Kamiya didn't have that kind of limitation in this instance. In short, this was Spike's wall, which likely meant he had a condition, the sucky part was he was on the other side of it but she knew just how to get him to drop it.

Yo, Spike. Lets talk, drop the wall for me. Kam sends her regards. Rhys dangled his phone in front of the wall, Besides. She said we're free to come observe the newbies...no doubt they've eventually run into Coach's or Rien's harriers by now.

That was about the thick of it.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Jin was left stunned by the whole exchange. What just happened. He flipped the receipt over and and glanced over it with his eyes several times over. "Sana," he thought to himself. He thought about her name and her crimson-tipped hair. He also thought about the fact that he seemingly forgot her. Did he know her? What did she mean? He contemplated texting her. Not this moment, of course, he had more tact than that. But what would he say? Would it work, given his situation.

Jin turned to Adagio to ask his opinion on all this, when he realized Adagio was still keeping for with his lunges, and Jin, in fact, had stopped.

"NO! DAMMIT!" Jin shouted as he quickly reassumed Lunge posture. "Will- will they know? They wouldn't know if I just stopped for a second, right?" Jin asked out loud.

The crepe was ready. Jin dejected grabbed it, and lunged to the doorway, head hung low, only to find DJ blocking off some people unknown to him from entering the shop. A sense of dread filling him and a hopeless-hope that his having stopped his lunges not being reported, he ducked under DJ's arm and lunged past the people she was speaking with with a quiet "Excuse me," as he slowly made his way back down the street, assuming the group was in tow.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Tears had cascaded from her eyes, drenching her cheeks and spattering light droplets to her clothes. Though the thumping in her chest urged her to trust the girl in front of her, the scattered signals of her brain expected the worst when she began reaching her hand out. She automatically attempted to recoil, burying her face in her hands. "No. I can't... not now..."

She shuddered as the other girl's hand set upon her shoulder; her voice cracked as she choked back a shriek of fear. Her eyes closed tighter... it was over...

But then, it wasn't.

Whatever her disoriented thoughts had told her was coming never came. Instead, the hand set gently upon her shoulder. The warmth of soft empathy felt warm to the skin through her jacket. In short order, the whirlwind in Trippin's head calmed and died down; enough, at least, to look her company in the eyes and speak. "Y-yeah." Her voice was still timid and with a slight quiver as she attempted to sooth herself. She breathed deep and slowly. "I... don't want... I mean I don't feel like I should be alone right now."

She clasped the girl's hand as it took hold of hers and followed her along to a nearby shop. She wasn't sure who she trust, if anyone; but she didn't have much choice but to join the group given how clueless she was. Even with the fog clearing from her mind bit by bit, there was a lot going on, and she wasn't getting the explanations she needed. Uncaring to the conversation at hand, she squeezing lightly on the other girl's hand and tugged her arm firmly, yet gently. "OK. So like... w-where the Hell are we and what's even going on?"

Back