• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS series releasing on Switch via cloud streaming on February 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKurdistan

Awards

cloud versions are out in Japan now

The thought of getting past that fricking hippo part in Deep Jungle with any sort of added lag or buffering just makes my heart explode faster than I could say HEARTLESS!

I still consider that an intentional piece of performance art where we're the subject.

maximumlight8

Awards

KH1 speedrunner doing it for the memes

apparently square is trying to output 60FPS but it's a huge choppy mess. they should have just capped the game interally at 30FPS all across the board. What a weird and strange version of KH.

PikaPal

Awards
I feel like an old grandpa who's months late with the news (kinda want to be on here more) but why oh why oh why oh why does it have to be on the cloud?

Look, 2.8 (for the Unreal Engine stuff on that) and III I can understand but they have absoutley no excuses for both 1.5 and 2.5 when they're PS2 games (PSP for BBS) and they could have run just fine.

That and you don't actually own the games since they're stuck to a server and need to be on the Internet all the time (this just straights up defeats the entire point of releasing it on the Switch) so once that server disappears off the face of the earth, then say goodbye to both your games and that exclusive keyblade that III has.

What a joke.

Last edited:

maximumlight8

Awards

kh2 has a glitch with trinity on switch that can 1 shot basically every boss that uses team trinity

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I feel like an old grandpa who's months late with the news (kinda want to be on here more) but why oh why oh why oh why does it have to be on the cloud?
They probably weighed the factors of doing a native port (learning how to work with the Switch hardware, the time and manpower that would be required of development, etc) vs prioritizing the next big installment and decided the resources were better spent on the latter. Cloud versions massively suck but they are (I'm assuming) less costly to develop and would allow the team to quickly get all hands back on deck of their main project.

And unlike MS and Epic, Nintendo didn't make it worth their while so they could just take it or leave it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
After years of more abstract debate regarding revenge value, combo modifiers, false advertising in 1.5, voice actors, enemy stagger, Shimomura vs Ishimoto, we've finally emerged to something every person can agree on.

Fuck cloud versions.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
I'm sad that the Switch tech is so crap.

I have an xbox one x and Google Stadia. I honestly play Stadia even when I have the same game on the xbox. Not only is it so convenient (I can be playing on my TV then instantly switch over to the phone/laptop if I need to leave the room or watch something on TV at the same time), but performance is flawless.

Server lag is fewer milliseconds than my TV's input lag. Which I think is simply astonishing from an engineering standpoint. I've tested them side by side on the same game and the cloud version is more responsive than the local Xbox. This is despite being connected via WiFi to an extender (which itself adds significant lag).

2 quid is good

Awards
Listen man, the Switch is so inept, it doesn't even have IR! Something the ORIGINAL DS had. It makes playing pokemon in the same room with other people a ridiculous hassle, also, it's highered the bar of entry for competitive pokemon quite a lot (need to have a lan cable, need to pay for a Nintendo online subscription).

I feel safe in saying if it wasn't for Animal Crossing and the pandemic occurring at almost exactly same time I don't think the switch would be nearly as successful as it currently is.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Listen man, the Switch is so inept, it doesn't even have IR! Something the ORIGINAL DS had. It makes playing pokemon in the same room with other people a ridiculous hassle, also, it's highered the bar of entry for competitive pokemon quite a lot (need to have a lan cable, need to pay for a Nintendo online subscription).

Wait, what?

You mean you have to buy a special cable in the age of Bluetooth and wireless local area networks?

I've played my cousin's switch and I'm stunned at how bad their software is compared to their hardware (and even their actual gameplay). How can you get two things so right yet get user interfaces and operating systems so gloriously wrong.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wait, what?

You mean you have to buy a special cable in the age of Bluetooth and wireless local area networks?

I've played my cousin's switch and I'm stunned at how bad their software is compared to their hardware (and even their actual gameplay). How can you get two things so right yet get user interfaces and operating systems so gloriously wrong.
So the Switch has Bluetooth capabilities but Nintendo had kept the feature off intentionally until fairly recently when they allowed Bluetooth audio through a software update.

maximumlight8

Awards
another thing about the cloud is the game ONLY launches if you boot in handheld mode and then dock.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Square has been making some disappointing choices lately. This being cloud based is just another one. I also dislike they called this collection "Kingdom Hearts Integrum Masterpiece" Surely they could have come up with something less pretentious.
It is very pretentious but also the same name they used for Japan's version of the All-In-One Package.

Back