• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Don Bluth worlds…?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
I think you're all forgetting how good some of the the bad movies are. Personally I'd love to see The Land before Time represented in Kingdom Hearts, more specifically Land before time XIII: The wisdom of friends. It has... quite the negative reception, but I think it'd fit the series as the 13th movie. After all, the Xehanort saga isn't done as Nomura STILL brings it back up.
I mean Fievel Goes West was good but everything that was straight to video was clearly made as a dumb cash grab

Zackarix

Awards
Assuming that this wiki page is accurate Disney now has:
  • Anastasia, Bartok the Magnificent, Titan A.E. (the Fox era)
  • Thumbelina, A Troll in Central Park (originally owned by WB, but sold to Fox)
  • Some distribution rights for Banjo the Woodpile Cat and The Pebble and the Penguin, but it doesn't appear to own them outright

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Assuming that this wiki page is accurate Disney now has:
  • Anastasia, Bartok the Magnificent, Titan A.E. (the Fox era)
  • Thumbelina, A Troll in Central Park (originally owned by WB, but sold to Fox)
  • Some distribution rights for Banjo the Woodpile Cat and The Pebble and the Penguin, but it doesn't appear to own them outright
Didn't expect to see Banjo on that list. i can probably see that as a cameo in Traverse Town if it can be possible.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
After all, the Xehanort saga isn't done as Nomura STILL brings it back up.
I think Xehanort is shaping up to be the Orochimaru of KH. Purely gray scientist whose true loyalty only lie in science itself and get away with all his war crimes. I think it was mentioned Dark Seeker Saga is arc AGAINST Xehanort, therefore further stories ABOUT him, as ally is not part of Dark Seeker Saga

that being said, Land Before Time isn't part of the Disney property....oh, now that makes me sad because I wouldn't see them in KH. .

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Don’t even get me started on Secret of NIMH 2

I remember I watched that movie as a kid and I felt like something was really...odd about it. Couldn't put my finger on it. I think I remember feeling so baffled like "why is movie so...bad? Movies can be bad?" It was like nothing I had ever experienced before as a child since up to that point I just loved everything and was pretty easy to please.

I recently rewatched Thumbelina though, and gosh my opinion on that movie has changed. As a kid I just loved it because Thumbelina's hair was really pretty and I liked fairies (again, I was easy to please). But man...feels like it really didn't age well at all. I am glad though because maybe in some way as a little girl it taught me to be wary of clingy creepers like the frog guy.

Soldier

Awards
I remember I watched that movie as a kid and I felt like something was really...odd about it. Couldn't put my finger on it. I think I remember feeling so baffled like "why is movie so...bad? Movies can be bad?" It was like nothing I had ever experienced before as a child since up to that point I just loved everything and was pretty easy to please.

I recently rewatched Thumbelina though, and gosh my opinion on that movie has changed. As a kid I just loved it because Thumbelina's hair was really pretty and I liked fairies (again, I was easy to please). But man...feels like it really didn't age well at all. I am glad though because maybe in some way as a little girl it taught me to be wary of clingy creepers like the frog guy.
Personally I hope secret of Nimh 2 is added if only for getting Eric Idle to voice Martin again, the movie MIGHT be absolutely terrible but he steals the show, especially his villain song.

Viewing anything as an adult will usually show you things that you didn't really notice, and this movie is no exception. Guess it comes with the territory?
I mean Fievel Goes West was good but everything that was straight to video was clearly made as a dumb cash grab
Come now, if it's direct to video that means Nomura has free reign over it and can do whatever he wants with the plot. Like with Country of the Musketeers, Disney didn't meddle that much in that world's creation (if at all) and it shows. Perhaps it would be a nice change of pace from freaking Arendelle showing up again.

PikaPal

Awards
Some distribution rights for Banjo the Woodpile Cat and The Pebble and the Penguin, but it doesn't appear to own them outright
I'm pretty certain that The Pebble and the Penguin is with MGM in the US since they released the movie (although it was Warner over here in the UK and then it eventually transitioned to Fox).

Despite this, there have been no re-releases of the movie currently and it's not on Disney + either.

Zackarix

Awards
I like how no one is interested in using A Troll in Central Park despite it being one of the films Disney seemingly now owns.

But I'm glad that the selection of DB films KH could theoretically use is small. From the perspective of a KH fan it's disappointing that the selection is limited and most of the better movies aren't options, but from the perspective of a Don Bluth fan it's disappointing that Disney owns the rights to any of his films at all. Disney not owning any of the films from his Golden Age is a silver lining to this dark cloud.

Sonofjafar

Awards
I like how no one is interested in using A Troll in Central Park despite it being one of the films Disney seemingly now owns.

But I'm glad that the selection of DB films KH could theoretically use is small. From the perspective of a KH fan it's disappointing that the selection is limited and most of the better movies aren't options, but from the perspective of a Don Bluth fan it's disappointing that Disney owns the rights to any of his films at all. Disney not owning any of the films from his Golden Age is a silver lining to this dark cloud.
Tbf, Don Bluth never had a bone to pick with Disney. He just felt like the company was losing its creative spark

Soldier

Awards
He obviously no problem with them considering he basically ripped off their formula for Thumbelina and Anastasia.
Ripped off is a bit of a harsh word Panda, It's more fair to say he was "inspired" by them. He did work as a Disney animator at one point, and apparently an artist's style is something that is very hard to break/deviate from. It's at least less shameless than other copycats, such as those of Dingo pictures and Goodtimes who outright steal the likenesses in addition to the stories.

Zackarix

Awards
Don Bluth wasn't working alone, or even just with his own studio. He had to work with the big studios for funding and to get his films released. So when his hot streak came to an end and Disney got their groove back Bluth was suddenly facing a ton of pressure to copy their formula.

Fun fact: All Dogs go to Heaven was released on the same day as The Little Mermaid. Needless to say, ADgtH did not win that particular box office battle.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Titan AE could be a decent world but it was such a bomb it's unlikely ro be selected. That basically leaves Anastasia but given current news....

Soldier

Awards
Don Bluth wasn't working alone, or even just with his own studio. He had to work with the big studios for funding and to get his films released. So when his hot streak came to an end and Disney got their groove back Bluth was suddenly facing a ton of pressure to copy their formula.

Fun fact: All Dogs go to Heaven was released on the same day as The Little Mermaid. Needless to say, ADgtH did not win that particular box office battle.
But to be fair, the Land before Time DID beat Oliver and Company in overall box office growth the week that they were released, which is pretty impressive.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
But to be fair, the Land before Time DID beat Oliver and Company in overall box office growth the week that they were released, which is pretty impressive.
I feel like I must've seen O&C about 3 times in my life and can't remember a single thing about it besides that song.

Soldier

Awards
I feel like I must've seen O&C about 3 times in my life and can't remember a single thing about it besides that song.
That is the general consensus, even the villain is very forgettable and the only thing most people remember about him is how he died (he gets hit by a train while driving a car). Just goes to show how much Disney is embarrassed by it.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
getting back in topic, barring Anatasia due to current world events, the only ones available that Disney could use, if they decide to throw us a really wild ball, are Thumbelina, Bartok the Magnificent, Titan A.E. and A Troll in Central Park.

maybe we could see them in the Quadratum, since they're not part of Disney, that would put them in the realm of Fiction.

it makes sense when you think about it.

Last edited:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I feel like Sonic the Hedgehog (Wreck it Ralph cameo and I think Sega likes crossovers) or Ice Age is more likely to appear than Don Bluth content tbh.

Back