• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor World for future of Kingdom Hearts series.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HunnyMemories3582

Awards
I know we might never get another Nightmare Before Christmas world in Kingdom Hearts, but it also leaves the doors open to a possible world based off of a Disney Ride, The Haunted Mansion & Phantom Manor. These 2 Mansions would be in one world btw. People like me hope that this Disney property would be represented in the series to fill in the void that is the spooky quota. There would be some interesting Heartless enemies in that world. Some old, like the Wight Knight and the Gargoyle, and some new Heartless. It can be based off of the two rides, not the horrible 2003 movie, although I do like Eddie Murphy’s portrayal in the Haunted Mansion movie, but still. The Haunted Mansion is one of my favorite rides at the Disney Parks, even if I was too scared to ride it at WDW when I was a wee little boy. The Haunted Mansion has a CULT-Level Fanbase.

It can take place in either New Orleans or Thunder Mesa and Big Thunder Mountain, heck it could be a mix of New Orleans and Thunder Mesa/Big Thunder Mountain. We can have the Hitchhiking Ghosts, The Hatbox Ghost, Jake Evans (and four of Melanie’s Suitors.) & Constance Hatchaway as Summons, Henry Ravenswood/The Phantom as the final boss of this world, with Ramsley (also from the infamous 2003 Haunted Mansion movie) and a Heartless as a sub-boss, Madame Leota as a party member, & we could interact with the 999 Grim Grinning Ghosts in both Mansions. Also, Melanie Ravenswood can be a new Princess of Heart that the Disney Villains (which The Phantom would be a part of, along with Ramsley.) and The Real Organization XIII can capture. Plus when we seal the keyhole of that world, we can get not one, but two new Keyblades. One either can be called “The 1000th Grim Grinning Ghost” or “Leota’s Spirit” & the other could be called “Thunderbird’s Might.”.

It would also be cool if Square Enix reveals this world on Halloween. For the themes, we can have a spooky and philharmonic rendition of “Grim Grinning Ghosts” be the field theme and for the battle theme, we can have an original track that fits the spooky aura of both Haunted Mansions.

I know that Disney and Square Enix can make an entire world based on both The Haunted Mansion & Phantom Manor. Even though we might get The Hatbox Ghost or The Hitchhiking Ghosts as summons, or maybe some ghosts appearing in Twilight Town, I’m pretty positive that we can have an entire world based on both The Haunted Mansion and Phantom Manor.

If Disney and Kingdom Hearts were ever to announce either a spin-off that takes place before Kingdom Hearts III/Kingdom Hearts Union Χ or Kingdom Hearts 4, It would be exciting if they announced an entire world based off of both The Haunted Mansion and Phantom Manor as one of the worlds, next to Litwak’s Arcade/Niceland/Candy Kingdom/Cy-Bug Sector/Internet/Slaughter Race, a world based off of Star Wars & a world entirely based off of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

Thoughts?

HunnyMemories3582

Awards
i like the way you think. Also when you ay a world based on Oswald do you mean the silent cartoons or Epic Mickey? EIther way would be awesome. just asking for the sake of clarity
I’m talking about the classic Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Cartoons.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Honestly I think I would enjoy this concept quite a bit!

I think the current Disney world formula we have had is a little bit tired at this point since so many people have differing opinions on how those properties should be represented, and a lot of people hate when they retell the movie. Having a few "worlds" be based off really vague concepts like rides could lead to a lot of creativity and would be a lot more unpredictable in how they will be integrated into the story. Disney also might loosen their reigns a little bit on the properties since it isn't something they are going to be protecting as aggressively like with the Frozen characters because of the upcoming sequel. I doubt they would be up-in-arms about the hitchhiking ghosts interacting with Sora for some reason.

I think adding in Disney in more "subtle" or creative ways would also remind me a bit more of KH1 how there were random little nods tucked away in Traverse Town. It made it feel like Disney was a lot more present without being too invasive imo.

Other ideas?
1) Journey into Imagination (its a wonky ride with optical illusions but could be tied into some sort of dimension where things have gone wrong, or a dream space with Figment making an appearance)
2) Tower of Terror? Not sure of the legality of this since it's heavily trademarked, but Twilight Zone stuff could be pretty unique and interesting, even if it was just a haunted hotel that happened to be in a sort of hub town we go to at some point. Wouldn't even have to be a full world, just have it be inconspicuously in the corner somewhere.
3) James and the Giant Peach. This whole movie is...strange, but has quite a number of interesting locales that could almost be grounds for telling their own story without messing with the canon story of James too much.

Soldier

Awards
Honestly I think I would enjoy this concept quite a bit!

I think the current Disney world formula we have had is a little bit tired at this point since so many people have differing opinions on how those properties should be represented, and a lot of people hate when they retell the movie. Having a few "worlds" be based off really vague concepts like rides could lead to a lot of creativity and would be a lot more unpredictable in how they will be integrated into the story. Disney also might loosen their reigns a little bit on the properties since it isn't something they are going to be protecting as aggressively like with the Frozen characters because of the upcoming sequel. I doubt they would be up-in-arms about the hitchhiking ghosts interacting with Sora for some reason.
Another sequel to Frozen? when will it just suck!

And I agree, Disney at this point no longer sees KH as just another way to spread their influence like it did during the early 2000's, but as a veritable cash-cow that can be milked for all it's worth (yet they still don't really reference it in the parks/market the hell out of the numerous keyblade designs). The only way we can get good worlds is one of two ways

Option 1: Allow creative control, When Toy Box was announced, a lot of us thought that it was going to be a rehash of the first or second Toy Story films, but what we got was something unexpected. The world's plot fits itself perfectly between 2 and 3 that you could argue it's canon to the franchise, and nothing is gained or lost in the interim. That also gave us Galaxy Toys as a setting and it's brilliant take on the enormous toy stores of yesteryear that we all grew up in. Creative freedom can do a lot of good for certain worlds and allow them to have more liberties taken with a property, than say, "The Little Mermaid, but SDG are there".

Option 2: Keep using older Disney properties. This is very obvious in KH 3, especially in Olympus. If it's an older property from Disney's vault that isn't as popular as Frozen, it's probably going to have a greater chance of having less restrictions. I kid you not, if Square released KH 4 and there were only 3 worlds in it, with things like the Sword in the Stone, Oliver and Company and Jungle book, it wouldn't be received well, but it probably would have more interesting plots and ideas

I know I rehashed your statements AmaryllisMoth, but I'm adamant in my line of thinking on this.
3) James and the Giant Peach. This whole movie is...strange, but has quite a number of interesting locales that could almost be grounds for telling their own story without messing with the canon story of James too much.
I would be okay with this ONLY if they include that weird shark ship and the Jack Skellington pirate puppet that they encounter in the arctic as bosses. Maybe even call back to Halloween Town if Sora's the one going.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Building off the idea of the classic Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoons getting a shout out, what if there was an old movie theater where Sora could actually play organ music over said cartoons. The player could write out the music like Town Tunes in animal crossing

HunnyMemories3582

Awards
Building off the idea of the classic Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoons getting a shout out, what if there was an old movie theater where Sora could actually play organ music over said cartoons. The player could write out the music like Town Tunes in animal crossing
Maybe Sora could interact with Oswald, plus he could become a part of Sora’s party for that world. Yes Oswald would talk as would Ortensia.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Isn't there a new Haunted Mansion movie planned?

I might be in the minority but I actually enjoyed the Eddie Murphy version.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I love the Haunted Mansion and the lore spanning the parks and iterations. My favorite is the original from Disneyland. The antebellum mansion design lends itself to the eerie nature of the ride. Have Sora and co. traverse trough the interior as they fight or help the nine hundred and ninety nine happy haunts, or else they could become the 1000th occupant.

If its not enough they can totally fit the Haunted Mansion in the Princess and the Frog world since that takes place in New Orleans and the original Haunted Mansion is by New Orleans Square.

HunnyMemories3582

Awards
I love the Haunted Mansion and the lore spanning the parks and iterations. My favorite is the original from Disneyland. The antebellum mansion design lends itself to the eerie nature of the ride. Have Sora and co. traverse trough the interior as they fight or help the nine hundred and ninety nine happy haunts, or else they could become the 1000th occupant.

If its not enough they can totally fit the Haunted Mansion in the Princess and the Frog world since that takes place in New Orleans and the original Haunted Mansion is by New Orleans Square.
True, but The Princess and The Frog World would be separate. This can combine Liberty Square/New Orleans Square with Thunder Mesa so we can have two different stories in 2 chapters. The Haunted Mansion part would be the first visit and the Phantom Manor part would be the second visit.

Bobjam

Awards
True, but The Princess and The Frog World would be separate. This can combine Liberty Square/New Orleans Square with Thunder Mesa so we can have two different stories in 2 chapters. The Haunted Mansion part would be the first visit and the Phantom Manor part would be the second visit.
I really hope that Nomura playing around with attraction flow in KH3 was a sign that he has interest in pulling more from the Disneyparks. I would absolutely be down for more park references and even worlds in this case. Having to actually venture into the mansion/thunder mesa and do questlines around there? Sounds positively dreamy to me.

HunnyMemories3582

Awards
I really hope that Nomura playing around with attraction flow in KH3 was a sign that he has interest in pulling more from the Disneyparks. I would absolutely be down for more park references and even worlds in this case. Having to actually venture into the mansion/thunder mesa and do questlines around there? Sounds positively dreamy to me.
I know, right?

Back