• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event held in Tokyo on April 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Best case would be Genshin Impact clone that, like GI, has a console version. Of course that's the best case for mobile, worse case for a new B-tier side game on consoles.
Honestly I’d rather a B-tier side game on consoles as long as it isn’t bad. We can have solidly good B-tier games, especially if they make it like KH2 (the benchmark to strive for as a B-tier game in this current gen imo) and not like KH3D or BBS with the command deck (despite how much I love the command deck).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Honestly I’d rather a B-tier side game on consoles as long as it isn’t bad. We can have solidly good B-tier games, especially if they make it like KH2 (the benchmark to strive for as a B-tier game in this current gen imo) and not like KH3D or BBS with the command deck (despite how much I love the command deck).
(RE:Coded had the best Command Deck) The way I see it, we got a few different levels of potential side games:

A. AAA/KH3 caliber game. Practically KH4 in all but name. This is likely if Nomura doesn't want the Verum Rex game to itself be KH4. Think Batman Arkham Origins, BIoshock 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood/Revelations, and anyother time a B team makes an entry to an ongoing console franchise. PS4/PS5 is lead platform but also on XBox/EGS if Sony doesn't moneyhat again,
B. BBS/DDD scale console/Switch game. Looks like another PS2 game but higher res. Blatantly obvious that Switch is the lead platform but still comes to Playstation & X-Box because no reason not to (Unless it has something crazy like Nintendo worlds as part of Grand Central Station). Think MoM if it were an action RPG.
C. Days/Coded/Union X/Dark Road remake. Honestly I'm not sure how Square intends to go about perserving the current mobile games in the long term but I'm tired of the smaller getting the cutscene treatment.
Also C. Warriors/Musou game.* Because Omega Force always pops out when you least expect them. I honestly like this idea too much to call it Option D.
E. GI style mobile/console game. Starts off promising in that it still plays like a 3D KH but with a bunch of characters (hello, fully playable Kairi & Mickey!) but the gatcha bullshit will inevitably drag it down.

*alternatively, insert Dissidia KH or LEGO KH games here. Basically any sort of more out there spin-off.

Last edited:

Zackarix

Awards
Blatantly obvious that Switch is the lead platform but still comes to Playstation & X-Box because no reason not to (Unless it has something crazy like Nintendo worlds as part of Grand Central Station).
You've just presented a genuinely good reason for a Switch exclusive KH game and it fits surprisingly well as part of both KH and WiR. It's genius.

But I don't want to buy another console and it would be a legal nightmare for future collections, so I hope you genius idea is wrong even if I also kind of want to see it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You've just presented a genuinely good reason for a Switch exclusive KH game and it fits surprisingly well as part of both KH and WiR. It's genius.

But I don't want to buy another console and it would be a legal nightmare for future collections, so I hope you genius idea is wrong even if I also kind of want to see it.
Its been on my mind ever since that 1 April Fools joke:
mushroom-kingdom-hearts.jpg

On 1 hand I didn't fall for it. On the other I still wished it was real anyway. I think back then I leaned towards Tron being the hub world since WiR didn't exist yet. Like Master Hand or Tabuu (the later being MX's Grid counterpart) takes over MCP's turf and use the heartless manufactory to spread heartless in the form of Nintendo baddies.

So the central theme was Nintendo villains in Disney worlds, Disney heroes in Nintendo worlds as Mickey teams with Mario, Stitch with Pikachu, Buzz Lightyear with Samus, Peter Pan with Link (Wind Waker world for the pirates), etc. Oh, and Sora's own Nintendo counterpart in Captain N, which is a bit of a deep cut.

Last edited:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I think the best 3rd Party cameo in a Wreck it Ralph world that they could do is Sonic. I feel like Sega would be okay with it, maybe you'd get Sonic as a Party Member and have a Eggman boss

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
At this stage, they should only be focusing on:
  • Main title games KH3 level and beyond.
  • Side games/DLC that are like 0.2, but basically have the same features as the most recent main title game. However, these games are on MAJOR consoles. NO PHONE GAMES.
I know that CoM had its own gameplay system because it obviously couldn't emulate a PS2 game, but I would like to see INTERESTING/INNOVATIVE styles used in future side games. I would like a turn based RPG for Xion or Namine's game. But I think there lies the issue, WHO should be getting side games. I don't want them just handed out for no reason because that is just bait for Nomura to spend an enormous amount of time retconning whatever he did in that game to the main games.

That's why I rather KH adopt a streamlined approach moving forward. I hope that Nomura learned from the Dark Seeker Saga and planned out where things will go instead of make up as he goes.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Best case would be Genshin Impact clone that, like GI, has a console version. Of course that's the best case for mobile, worse case for a new B-tier side game on consoles.
I'm confident that if we ever get a new Kingdom Hearts mobile game, it's going to be inspired by Genshin Impact. Nomura loves taking inspiration from popular media.

I would like KH4 or Verum Rex game announcement. PS5 exclusive. Developed using Unreal Engine 5.
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I assume that Verum Rex is going to be the Roxas' prologue equivalent for Kingdom Hearts IV.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I assume that Verum Rex is going to be the Roxas' prologue equivalent for Kingdom Hearts IV.
This is how I thought about KH4 happening if it is the next game:

- Yozora/Riku prologue in Quadratum

- Sora in Quadratum/Sora gets saved

- disney worlds

- Back to Quadratum as the Final World

SuperNova

Awards
I can see Quadratum either being its own game or the prolouge for KH4, either is fine with me but certain parts of the fandom are going to be mad either way about Disney worlds still being a thing or about Quadratum being relegated to a prolouge world if true.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

- disney worlds

That's exactly how I see Kingdom Hearts IV playing out.

I'm also expecting a prologue game being released as the Chain of Memories equivalent between Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts IV.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
That's exactly how I see Kingdom Hearts IV playing out.

I'm also expecting a prologue game being released as the Chain of Memories equivalent between Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts IV.
I feel like they could reuse a lot of the worlds from KH3 in this inbetween game, maybe have new stories but reuse parts from those worlds.

Sora & Riku would only have stories in Quadratum while Kairi will be visiting some of the KH3 Disney worlds like Toy Box, Corona & Arendelle. Feel like it's important for Kairi to meet some of the other Princesses and maybe she finds a way to Quadratum via Toy Box. I suppose they could add a new world like Princess & The Frog so Kairi can meet another princess.

The best way they can make Toy Box work is if Rex mentions how he's been playing this game that has a place called Quadratum.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

- disney worlds

I see this happening.

Riku saves Sora, Yozora tags along. They need to escape Quadratum because they are not strong enough. go to Disney worlds to gain new knowledge/power to defeat the big baddie.

NoWay

Awards
I find it hilarious how everyone says “Disney worlds” but we all know this means irrelevant filler content

Let’s hope for a midway point in the next game

Back