• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event held in Tokyo on April 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
One could argue Halloween Town related for being a metaphor for the Organization (seeking what they don't have as well as making Sora feel pity for that conflict). Agrabah also counts as a case of the Organization causing mayhem in the worlds, too, along with Port Royal. Pride Lands and the Coliseum are the more unrelated ones (and Atlantica is mostly unrelated to everything), but one could argue their and Space Paranoids/Radiant Garden's purpose was adding to the sense of finality leading into TWTNW. Anyway, the first visits generally feel focused on Maleficent & Pete (ending with Maleficent attempting to take back RG for herself and, having failed, attempting to protect Sora from the more powerful Organization at Radiant Garden), whereas the second half seems to mostly revolve around the Organization.

Nothing you said changes the overall points though--Radiant Garden did function as midpoint in KH2 and we (and the game itself) suffered for Nomura's pettiness having caused that world's absence in KH3.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think the best 3rd Party cameo in a Wreck it Ralph world that they could do is Sonic. I feel like Sega would be okay with it, maybe you'd get Sonic as a Party Member and have a Eggman boss
Street Fighter can't be that much harder to get considering Ryu & Chun-Li pop up just everywhere. Hell, they're official power rangers now.

Awards
One could argue Halloween Town related for being a metaphor for the Organization (seeking what they don't have as well as making Sora feel pity for that conflict). Agrabah also counts as a case of the Organization causing mayhem in the worlds, too, along with Port Royal. Pride Lands and the Coliseum are the more unrelated ones (and Atlantica is mostly unrelated to everything), but one could argue their and Space Paranoids/Radiant Garden's purpose was adding to the sense of finality leading into TWTNW. Anyway, the first visits generally feel focused on Maleficent & Pete (ending with Maleficent attempting to take back RG for herself and, having failed, attempting to protect Sora from the more powerful Organization at Radiant Garden), whereas the second half seems to mostly revolve around the Organization.

Nothing you said changes the overall points though--Radiant Garden did function as midpoint in KH2 and we (and the game itself) suffered for Nomura's pettiness having caused that world's absence in KH3.
The Org's involvement in Agrabah is quite literally only mentioned in a missable dialogue piece. The Org might as well not be there at all, especially when all they did there was bribe the Peddler to shut up.

And I still fail to see how Nomura's bitterness over Versus equals RG not showing up in a playable capacity.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The Org's involvement in Agrabah is quite literally only mentioned in a missable dialogue piece. The Org might as well not be there at all, especially when all they did there was bribe the Peddler to shut up.
I headcanon it was actually Riku anyway. He used Sora as a diversion so he could destroy Jafar's lamp.

Last edited:

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
So
It appears another game from the GeForce leak has been officially trademarked.

Trying not to get my hopes up that this means an announcement for the KH game that was on there is imminent (even if it isn’t actually KH4.)
Yeah. Every game in the nvidia leak is real. Whether the games were cancelled internally or not moved forward, who knows. But the games exist to sone capacity.

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm sure there's no doubt in anyone's mind that the next KH game will be a console entry, regardless of whether it's called 4 or not, it's just a matter of when they announce it keeping Square's new policy on in development games in mind. Whenever it is, it'll probably after FF16/during the end of FF16's media cycle.

I was gonna say E3 was a sure bet this year but :/

Summer Games Fest is simply not the same and feels rather disjointed

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm sure there's no doubt in anyone's mind that the next KH game will be a console entry, regardless of whether it's called 4 or not, it's just a matter of when they announce it keeping Square's new policy on in development games in mind. Whenever it is, it'll probably after FF16/during the end of FF16's media cycle.

I was gonna say E3 was a sure bet this year but :/

Summer Games Fest is simply not the same and feels rather disjointed
E3 is definitely the lesser of two evils. At least then we could expect nonstop news for a straight week vs being dripfed all summer (it's down to a month now, which is a small improvement).

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Whatever they announce at this event, I'm sure there'll be trailers in June too so even if we get a small teaser - June (or July) isn't too far away.

Megavoltage

Awards
My excitement for the franchise is returning! Just a few more days...

2 quid is good

Awards
E3 is definitely the lesser of two evils. At least then we could expect nonstop news for a straight week vs being dripfed all summer (it's down to a month now, which is a small improvement).
Absolutely, it was one trade fair that everyone knew when to expect and could hold everything together. Now it's just, wait for this state of play or Nintendo direct and cross your fingers that game companies want to be a part of SGF. It being a week and being consistent for years meant that I could schedule what I wanted to pay attention to a lot easier as you pretty much knew in advance when things were gonna happen. I still don't know *why* it was cancelled, I guess game companies don't see the point of trade fairs anymore. At least the European stuff is hopefully coming back but E3 was that cornerstone that ties the whole year together. Now what are we gonna have? Paris Games Week and Gamescom in the Autumn, TGS and Jump Festa in December and nothing except EGX in the summer? Which is not as prestigious either. Not saying E3 was amazing but it was important. Its never great when a big event dies and loads of smaller ones take its place

Awards
Whatever they announce at this event, I'm sure there'll be trailers in June too so even if we get a small teaser - June (or July) isn't too far away.

I legitimately believe that Nomura is perfectly petty and ass-backwards enough to withhold basically everything to an exclusive, behind-the-doors audience on the series' twentieth anniversary.

And yet, if Square-Enix topside are also legitimately stupid enough to let him withhold it for that long, then the company as a whole are legitimately, utterly, braindeadingly hopeless.

2 quid is good

Awards
Well don't be like that, I mean he does have a petty streak but it's not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be, and it's already been announced a video of the event will be released later on iirc

Revenge

Awards
If they tease/announce a new title behind closed doors, I can't imagine the video won't be released to the public same day. We are definitely going to get information a new console release, whether or not it's AAA. The event being held on 10/4 all but confirms that.

Awards
Well don't be like that, I mean he does have a petty streak but it's not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be, and it's already been announced a video of the event will be released later on iirc
He threatened to intentionally delay future games in the west just because KH3 leaked a week early. :|

And...he wasn't like kidding or being ironical about that. It honestly really does seem at times that SE management has to chain the pitbull to the water hydrant to prevent it from hurting itself.

2 quid is good

Awards
> Kojima tweeting a normal picture of a major city

KH Fans: REEEEEEEEEEE TROLLMURALOGIC HIS GENIUS IS UNMATCHED WHAT DOES IT MEAN KOJIMA X NOMURA

2 quid is good

Awards
He threatened to intentionally delay future games in the west just because KH3 leaked a week early. :|

And...he wasn't like kidding or being ironical about that. It honestly really does seem at times that SE management has to chain the pitbull to the water hydrant to prevent it from hurting itself.
Yes I do know he said that and was annoyed at it myself but like I said, he is petty but not that petty, and frankly it was SE's fault for adhering to the dumb "America releases on Tuesday" convention that doesn't mean much at all, especially as 90% of Europe got fed up and released the game during the 25th-29th instead. If it was a proper WW release the magnitude of leakings happening between these dates may not have happened. Also feel like it's on Square for letting the game go gold in Nov (i think?) and sitting on it til January. Leaks are just something companies have to try and circumvent now and factor into plans, something that didn't happen here.

Anyway... I'm not exactly *not* used to KH games releasing months after Japan, but I highly doubt this system is coming back.

Back