• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alexxio M.

Awards
ARE YOU READY!!!
I am so ready! just wondering though does anyone else want Tiana as a new princess of Heart?

So Sora's living a new life in a new apartment, with a new girl. I can feel Kairi's jealousy burning, oh the fanfics are about to explode.

I'm unsure of the Unreality stuff yet. I think I need to see more of it before I get too excited. The things I liked most are Strelitzia, which is funny considering I've been so neutral on her before. This seems like a good chance to finally get to know her as a character and I'm all for it.

The second is Hades! If they are using him to see if Sora is dead or not then good on Square for finally using Disney in the larger story of Kingdom Hearts rather then filler. That is what I want. If they tie the Disney worlds in with Sora's disappearance then I will be very happy.

the fanfic writers are gonna have a field day with Strelitzia being back . However I made some fanfics in the past that assumed that Strelitzia was sorta gone for good any tips on how to fix that I like to keep my fics mostly canon compliant so any advice would be appreciated

The Disney worlds being more relevant is also a huge boon for them and us. imagining the new interactions the original characters can have with the Disney characters when they need help with something is fun and the story potential is endless. I have a feeling the world order is about to shatter. With Donald and Goofy visiting Hades in the trailer potential for worlds based on coco, princess and the frog and soul goes through the roof and I can’t wait to see them. I feel like a world based on Coco would suit the sea salt trio the best because of the concept of second death and the theme of remembering your loved ones perhaps they’ll visit during Axel and Isa’s search for Skuld/ subject x. For princess and the frog though Kairi definitely should be the one to visit because Tiana has the potential to be another new princess of heart and I can imagine a scenario where through Kairi‘s experiences in this world she will realize exactly how close she is to becoming a master and that she is literally almost there. I’m not sure about soul given how new it is but through it they can probably flesh out how powerful hearts can be when connected and maybe even lingering wills through the sparks. Either way I am so ready for the new wild ride Nomura is no doubt taking us on.

okhi12

Awards
So, we have to remember, at the end of UX, the MoM took what seems to be a Strelitzia clone with him somewhere. I'm almost certain the Strelitzia in this trailer is that clone, made from the data copy of her that was in Daybreak Town. This is NOT the original Strelitzia who was killed by Darkness.
Good point. I don't think there's enough evidence to say whether she's the real Strelitzia or the data clone so you may be right. I supossed she's the real one because she said Quadratum is an afterlife for her and Sora. She's aware of her own death. That does not exclude the possibility of her being the copy, though.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Wondering if Strelitzia will actually be a party member while Sora is in quadratum. I like the idea of them partying up and organically exploring and getting to know each other while they're there. It's gonna annoy me if she's just in cutscenes to just give exposition and then disappears until she's needed for the next exposition dump.

AR829038

Awards
Wondering if Strelitzia will actually be a party member while Sora is in quadratum. I like the idea of them partying up and organically exploring and getting to know each other while they're there. It's gonna annoy me if she's just in cutscenes to just give exposition and then disappears until she's needed for the next exposition dump.
That's what I'm worried about too, not just with Strelitzia but with everyone. The biggest thing I want from the series going forward is for characters to have real, actual interactions and learn about each other—not just banter, and not just exposition. I haven't seen anything in this trailer to make me think it will be otherwise, but I also haven't seen anything that confirms it will still be an issue either. I just hope it gets better from KH3. I loved KH3, but you could tell how far the inter-character dialogue had fallen from 2 and 1.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's what I'm worried about too, not just with Strelitzia but with everyone. The biggest thing I want from the series going forward is for characters to have real, actual interactions and learn about each other—not just banter, and not just exposition. I haven't seen anything in this trailer to make me think it will be otherwise, but I also haven't seen anything that confirms it will still be an issue either. I just hope it gets better from KH3. I loved KH3, but you could tell how far the inter-character dialogue had fallen from 2 and 1.
Yup, exactly this is my main pet peeve with KH III as well.
Actual meaningful character interactions showing the supposedly close relationships between the central cast of characters is something that is sorely needed going forward.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
The trick here is that while the development of the stuff we actually care about may be small and cheap, the majority of money and effort isn't being put there. It's put into the gacha nonsense algorithm, in behavioral training to figure out how to best manipulate people into playing and spreading the games, and in most cases it was put there many years ago. Then many other people need to maintain its functioning by activating new nothing "raid" events where you fight some stupid watermelons.

You absolutely can make action KH games on a small budget with a small team. They did it on the DS. But they're not going to do it now, for entirely industry-related reasons.

You can't seriously tell me that Days and Re: Coded were made with the same amount of money and staff as UX. They're night and day. Plus, I'm pretty sure those games had many more staff working on them, and it definitely shows. KH games need to have mechanical depth, and they need to look and feel like a game. I'm aware that gatcha stuff is the trend in the industry nowadays, but that doesn't mean they need to be that cheap about it. The best way to attract people to gatcha traps is to make the games themselves look appealing. That's why Dark Road failed as badly as it did, because people knew it was gatcha but also didn't like the way it looked enough to put up with it. Missing-Link looks far better in that respect, though we'll see just how greedy a game it is.
We all know the selling factor for gacha is 70% horny and 30% nostalgia from the cases, and those games who succeed are those who sells character unit and not weapons. KHX/KHDR cards/ KHUX medals are more like weapons than character units that flesh them for the sake of horny/nostalgia, and that's why KH gacha fail.Because KH gachas are made because Nomura needs a medium to tell his story, not as horny cashgrab to specific market of horny people. Forget the likes of FGO, GBF, Arknights, or Azur Lane, even Cookie Run sells waifu/husbando. And the likes of Dragon Ball or One Piece gacha sells character unit, not weapons. "But this is Disney!" yes, and Twisted Wonderland exist and it's clearly horny cashgrab that sells husbando, like look at Halloween Vil, Tweels' true form, Fairy Gala Leona or Groom Idia.

That being said, I repeat that, man, SE haven't learn from their lesson that KH gachas fail because they don't sell character units, but weapons. They can sell character units with FF or DQ gachas, but not with KH because KH gachas is medium for another storytelling.

Still, let me specify that my specific gripe is that "it's gacha that sells weapons" and not "ew another mobile game", because mobile game is simply part of urban Far East asian culture, because how busy and mobile they are, just like wearing socks with sandals. You can disagree with it, just remember it's their culture and they aren't letting it go soon . That they are selling mostly to Japanese market who vote with their wallet, not just with comments.

Kinda wish the blue fire in the trailer isn't Hades but TW's Grim hmmmm

Awards
I am in shock right now! I really expected there to be a side game before KH4 was even announced! The theories running through my head from that trailer!!!!!

I’m over the mobile games and how impactful they are to the main story, but at least Missing-Link looks fun! I’m hoping that because they presented it in landscape and portrait mode, it will be available on consoles as well.

I’m a little disappointed that a PS5 version of KH3 wasn’t announced, but KH4 will do haha

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So um,

BYLMxf1.png

hugo-lamarre-at-st-cam-02a.jpg

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
🤯

I’m beside myself. Our baby boy looks so good 😭 a little man now

Does anyone else think his new outfit looks like it drew inspiration from the Supergroupies art?

It’s interesting that Goofy/Donald’s art style looks KH3. I like that they’re making a clear differentiation b/t Quadratum and OG. Begs the question, if/when Sora returns to his worlds… will he return to his former appearance?

Sounds like we’re in for a ride. Press release made it sound like this is the first game amongst many more in the Lost Master Saga. I’m strapped in.

Honestly kinda stoked for Missing-Link too. Fuck the mobile games but at least it’s full 3D and voice acted. Seeing Brain in 3D was a dopamine rush

Only thing I’m a bit worried about is release window. Definitely E3 2013 vibes from this trailer and that doesn’t inspire confidence

Also does the Disney+ series exist 🥲

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Thoughts on the trailer:
  • Dark Road finale - expected a date, I'm glad that we can finally close the chapter for Xehanort by September.
  • Missing Link - I'm glad that it's in 3D and fully voiced, but hate that it's a mobile game because I most likely will not play it. However, that means the important cutscenes will be videos, so I won't have to read them.
  • KH IV: I expected an announcement, but to get a full on trailer was great. Especially one that showed so much, versus just a concept trailer. I was kind of hoping that Quadratum would be a separate game, but I'm guessing it will be the 3-4 hour long tutorial world which I'm fine with. Now Sora can experience what Roxas did in Twilight Town :p I'm LOVING the fact that Donald and Goofy go looking for Hades - not necessarily because it's Hades, but Nomura's actually using the DISNEY characters in a way that is connected to the main plot. I'm really hoping this is a sign for things to come in KH4 on the DISNEY side. Lastly, the rumoured Star Wars world... would Nomura really show it and not even mention it? I feel like he would, I mean why show that random nature shot with no context?
Overall, amazing and I was satisfied even though we didn't get to see the event. Also, I hope the people that were pissed off at the event not being live streamed is happy that they dropped the trailer - which is what they cared about - on time.

Xirix

Awards
Does anyone know who the narrator is for the KH4 segment? His voice sounds very familiar but I can't place it. (Sounds a bit like the guy who voices Levi in Attack on Titan but I don't think that's right)

Soldier

Awards
Oh no, HADES AGAIN! Jesu cripso if we have to go to Olympus again in KH 4 I'm not going to be happy. Considering the mess James Woods got himself in I'm surprised Nomura's even thinking of using him. Can't they use literally anyone else from Disney? does it NEED to be hercules's take on the dead?

AR829038

Awards
Oh no, HADES AGAIN! Jesu cripso if we have to go to Olympus again in KH 4 I'm not going to be happy. Considering the mess James Woods got himself in I'm surprised Nomura's even thinking of using him. Can't they use literally anyone else from Disney? does it NEED to be hercules's take on the dead?
I think the idea is that Donald and Goofy are going to go visit a bunch of places and people that have some connection to the afterlife in order to find Sora. Since there are many different afterlives in the Disneyverse, I imagine we'll see a ton of new faces, but also some returning ones like Hades, and tbh, in that context, I'm actually pretty okay with it. I don't really expect to actually go back to Olympus (although seeing the Underworld in UE would be dope), I think it'll just be cutscenes. But frankly, as long as it's actually implementing the Disney characters and worlds into the main plot, I'm happy.
Also, I don't think Nomura really knows anything about James Woods' controversies, and I don't think he would care if he did know. First of all, I don't know this for a fact, but I imagine that Nomura mainly concerns himself with the Japanese cast and not with the English VA's. Second, the only thing controversial about James Woods is his political opinions, and (I hate to be the bearer of bad news) Japan is a pretty far-right country, and I don't believe a lot of people there would have a big problem with the brand of conservatives we have over here in America.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Nice. KH4 and the Quadratum he are one in the same. The city was everything I hoped for. Nice to see Strelitzia again as well :).

I was thinking at first this would be the first numbered title without Donald and Goofy but the end kind of givese hope they'll join Sora again somehow, lol

2 quid is good

Awards
Second, the only thing controversial about James Woods is his political opinions
Not true, if that was the only thing it wouldn't be an issue, guys a certified creep. Pretty sure he harassed Willa Holland while they did a movie together and she was 17 at the time?

Happy for the people who wanted star wars in KH for years, not my cup of tea but you guys have been riding this trains for too long

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
So with this much more realistic artstyle, are we finally going to see Final Fantasy based worlds? Or possibly Star Wars or Marvel based worlds? I'm super in the dark as I haven't been keeping up with the mobile games at all since KHIII came out. All I remember is that there was a big mystery on the whereabouts of one girl and who another one was. I still need to play the rhythm game too....

Real question is will they be brave enough to turn Donald and Goofy into a hyper realistic duck and dog in order to not mess with the world order?

Back