• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation: Star Wars in KH4 Trailer?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Uh... Fighting a bunch of characters I don't know is not going to have any value like Dragon Maleficent or Dr. Facilier would... I'd rather fight Heartless.

If we're going down this road of KH being identity-less, I hope Disney buys WB eventually for HP to end up in this. I read the LOTR rights were up recently, too. I'd take either one of those over SW, Marvel, or PIXAR. Avatar or The Wizard of Oz would be alright, I guess. At least The Wizard of Oz is something similar to Disney's animated properties as far as having an innocent, classic, fairy tale quality. It's also like Disney animated films in being something nearly everyone's seen and knows how it goes.
If Disney bought Warner Brothers we could see Steven Universe and Adventure Time

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
If we strip away the world building and lore, and focus on what the story is about, then we don’t have to worry about Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts.

Ep. 6 is the best movie to symbolize redemption and reconnecting severed connections. The story of a boy finding his place in the greater world by fighting his demons and trying to bring back his father.

If you focus on that and relate it to Sora, then it will work. Star Wars is more than pew pews and laser swords.

Chie

Awards
The reason most Disney films fit alongside one another is because of brand coherence that supercedes whoever's making any particular film. It wasn't just a coincidence or something out-of-the-blue, lol. Frozen fits fine alongside every other fairy tale Disney's done. Probably the only thing you could argue separates it is it being 3D.
If you can analyze the 'brand coherence' between, I don't know, Winnie the Pooh and Big Hero 6, and how this coherence inherently differs from any Pixar movie, I'd be interested to hear it.

However, I think almost all the worlds in KH1 have coherence with Kingdom Hearts itself because they are based on things that Disney didn't actually make. There's no need for any of them to be the Disney version to tell KH1's story and themes, they just happen to be because that's the convenient deal that was struck. Their thematic resonance with Kingdom Hearts comes from them being fairytales in the hearts of children. Frozen has very little connection to any fairytale and so all it has left for inclusion is the brand stamp. Big Hero 6 is just nothing.

NemesisSP

Awards
If we strip away the world building and lore, and focus on what the story is about, then we don’t have to worry about Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts.

Ep. 6 is the best movie to symbolize redemption and reconnecting severed connections. The story of a boy finding his place in the greater world by fighting his demons and trying to bring back his father.

If you focus on that and relate it to Sora, then it will work. Star Wars is more than pew pews and laser swords.
It could and I would also be fine with it in a way. But I think it best to go back to a more nuanced Disney and Final Fantasy crossover than just throwing all of the things Disney owns at Kingdom Hearts.

I know people like to say Big Hero 6 is a good example of it working, but the BH6 film is nothing like the comic and is almost entirely it's own thing, built in more of a Disney style. Star Wars and Marvel might be *owned* by Disney, but they aren't really Disney in the same way.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I would typically tend to agree, but I've followed the complete trainwreck of business practices with the brand under Disney. There are a few flukes here and there and some hidden gems, but for the most part, Disney has done nothing but play things safe, especially in the spin-off material that might dare to include Luke, Han, Leia and any of the major film characters.

As for why we SW fans would dislike it? Technically, if it gave us a good story with Luke as a party member, maybe even helping train Sora to become an even better fighter and having a great dynamic and chemistry with him, we'd jump all for that. One of my favorite elements from the old continuity was Grand Master Luke and his New Jedi Order, where he took his niece and nephews under his wing and helped to train them, not just to become Jedi, but just to become better people in general.

That'd be the kind of dynamic I'd like to see. Two paragons working together. But I'm pretty sure that's not what we'd get and we'd no doubt get a lackluster story that wasn't allowed to take any chances either.

As a fellow Star Wars fan I can see where you're coming from with these worries, but I doubt that Square and Disney would let the Star Wars executives meddle too much.
If it will be considered a non-canon instance of Star Wars anyways and only include a stand-alone adaption of Episode VI I doubt Kathleen Kennedy or the Story Group would even care to be included because it doesn't affect Star Wars itself in any form.
So if the story falls flat it won't have anything to do with the writers on the Star Wars side.

There already exist non-canon adaptions of the main films like the Infinities anyways and the KH incarnation of those would only be yet another filed under the brand.
This would certainly deal with the whole "Star Wars is to big and full of its own lore"-problem because the KH-incarnation would be just a small snippet of its own that borrows a part of the Star Wars story without diving fully into it.

And as Absent mentioned, considering the overall themes Episode VI can stand on its own and serve as a tie-in to the overall KH story without having to dive too deep into SWs own.
Darth Vader is a peak example of a redeemable villain while the Emperor is a peak example of an irredeemable evil and how there can be differences among "evil doers" despite their actions sometimes being pretty similar.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Nomura uses this for his own ends in order to show Sora (and the audience) that for example Xehanort actually is a "Vader-type"-villain and not an "Emperor-type"-one despite all the evil stuff he did in the first saga.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
As someone who didn’t think Lucasfilm would let Kingdom Hearts use Star Wars, I’m all for the crossover if they can execute it well. I hope we see Goofy and Donald turn into a protocol droid and astromech droid, respectively. It would be hilarious for Donald to only be able to communicate through beeps, etc. as a play on us not being able to understand him that well to begin with.

My biggest concern is the toxic parts of the Star Wars fanbase and how they’ll inevitably trash KH, honestly.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
However, I think almost all the worlds in KH1 have coherence with Kingdom Hearts itself because they are based on things that Disney didn't actually make. There's no need for any of them to be the Disney version to tell KH1's story and themes, they just happen to be because that's the convenient deal that was struck. Their thematic resonance with Kingdom Hearts comes from them being fairytales in the hearts of children. Frozen has very little connection to any fairytale and so all it has left for inclusion is the brand stamp.
Now you're just talking nonsense. Frozen doesn't change things any more than The Little Mermaid or The Jungle Book do. Either way, it's made by Disney and therefore is Disney content. Disney can buy the moon if they want to, that doesn't mean it fits in KH either. The fanbase doesn't even like Disney half the time, I'm not the least surprised they're in a hurry to get rid of it.

If Disney bought Warner Brothers we could see Steven Universe and Adventure Time
I didn't know that. Steven Universe definitely has a closer vibe to KH than some of these other things they're pushing into it

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think I've become skeptical of their live action adaptions over all. Pirates in KH2 was ok at best. In KH3 it looked good, but the plot was an absolute incomprehensible mess unless you've seen the movie, which I haven't in many years. The Grid in KHDDD was a mega disappoint in all aspects except Tron himself.

I unfortunately have no faith that a Star Wars inclusion won't just be an excuse to have "STAR WARSS WOOO" advertisement (similar to Frozen, which was also a mess beyond the rest).

Do I really think they'll evaluate the deeper message of a Star Wars film/story and properly translate that into Sora's story? Eh.... it's been a game of hit and miss and I can't help but feel like this would end up being a huge miss.

I so want to feel otherwise and have faith that it won't stick out like a sore thumb and be cameo heaven for the sake of fanservice and looking flashy... but it's really hard and.... I'm just not convinced.

NemesisSP

Awards
As someone who didn’t think Lucasfilm would let Kingdom Hearts use Star Wars, I’m all for the crossover if they can execute it well. Yeah hope we see Goofy and Donald turn into a protocol droid and astromech droid, respectively. It would be hilarious for Donald to only be able to communicate through beeps, etc. as a play on us not being able to understand him that well to begin with.

My biggest concern is the toxic parts of the Star Wars fanbase and how they’ll inevitably trash KH, honestly.
I would not be so quick to assume it is even happening. We inky have a forested area.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's a new Kingdom Hearts saga, I'm open for whatever right now.

I have my hang ups about Star Wars, Marvel and Wreck it Ralph, I just don't want them in KH. But that's a me thing, genuinely happy for the fans that have wanted this
Wreck-It Ralph was the last Disney world in Kingdom Hearts Union Cross, I'm surprised you completely forgot about that.

Aladdin isn't so bad xD Mulan is trash, though.

I'm thinking something like Star Wars, Marvel, Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent, and Aladdin.

A split story would be nice.
Assuming Sora doesn't escape Unreality until the ending of Kingdom Hearts IV, I can see the world selection being the following:
  • Quadratum
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Maleficent
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Aladdin
  • The Lion King
  • Star Wars
That makes seven worlds, Quadratum is clearly going to be the hub world of this game.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Aladdin isn't so bad xD Mulan is trash, though.

I'm thinking something like Star Wars, Marvel, Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent, and Aladdin.

A split story would be nice.
Maleficent could work and also be interesting for Maleficent to be a party member. Also seeing Sora's reaction to this Maleficent would be hilarious. I don't know how I feel about Aladdin. It might actually be a great opportunity to sneak in Cruella.

The only issue I have with some live action worlds is that the worlds themselves may not be that vibrant and interesting to explore like the animated films. There's something with exploring the animated film worlds that just felt special as part of the KH experience.

Star Wars can work because there are iconic locations.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I would not be so quick to assume it is even happening. We inky have a forested area.

Nothing in my post indicates that I’m assuming it is happening, but the metal object is exactly the same as the foot of an AT-ST as shown in the OP. Only other option is they’re ripping off a Star Wars design.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You can literally see the exact foot of the AT-ST, but ok. Only other option is they’re ripping off a Star Wars design.
Maybe it's not a Star Wars world? Maybe Quadratum is just heaped with things spanning across a variety of "unrealities" including the Star Wars universe?

If they don't do a Star Wars world, they could always have Star Wars things appear in Quadratum. Remember that there's apparently some sort of mech-war happening in Quadratum (according to Verum Rex), so maybe the AT-ST is being used by some other faction?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's a new Kingdom Hearts saga, I'm open for whatever right now.

Wreck-It Ralph was the last Disney world in Kingdom Hearts Union Cross, I'm surprised you completely forgot about that.

Assuming Sora doesn't escape Unreality until the ending of Kingdom Hearts IV, I can see the world selection being the following:
  • Quadratum
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Maleficent
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Aladdin
  • The Lion King
  • Star Wars
That makes seven worlds, Quadratum is clearly going to be the hub world of this game.
I think…swap out Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King for one Marvel thing and a very grounded Pixar film. Or hahaha A Wrinkle In Time of all things hahaha

Beauty and the Beast didn’t deviate too much from the original, and TLK is absolutely bland and not even worth the time and resources.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think…swap out Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King for one Marvel thing and a very grounded Pixar film. Or hahaha A Wrinkle In Time of all things hahaha

Beauty and the Beast didn’t deviate too much from the original, and TLK is absolutely bland and not even worth the time and resources.
Now that you mention it, even though I never watched the live action Beauty & The Beast, I just remembered that they never used Gaston. So they could actually follow the original plot of the film... even though I hate the live action Beast's design.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The only issue I have with some live action worlds is that the worlds themselves may not be that vibrant and interesting to explore like the animated films. There's something with exploring the animated film worlds that just felt special as part of the KH experience.
I agree. Really only the live-action Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderland have "looks" that would be interesting to explore. The castle in the former is amazing, and the Tim Burton-esque design of the latter (particularly the Red Queen) would be fun.

NemesisSP

Awards
Nothing in my post indicates that I’m assuming it is happening, but the metal object is exactly the same as the foot of an AT-ST as shown in the OP. Only other option is they’re ripping off a Star Wars design.
Your post literally started with "As someone who didn’t think Lucasfilm would let Kingdom Hearts use Star Wars, I’m all for the crossover if they can execute it well." That kind of indicates that you are certain it is happening.

Or it is an Easter Egg. They've been known to do that. Again, at this point, until we see a full AT-ST, it'd be best to temper expectations.

Last edited:
Back